• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

consoles suck

kenezzite said:
Consoles= BUY this BUY that and the list keeps on going.

Not necessarily...
I have a modded PS1, I only bought 1 game (GT) and a second controller. My collection consists of 25 games or more though, they're either rented and copied or bought by my father in Thailand. :mrgreen:

cya
Oli

try having ur friend come over to play with ur on your comp...OPPS YOU CANT!

:wink:

and i dont like using a mouse or J,K,I,M for controling the game :roll:

justin syder said:

Not that this is a natural thing to do, but yes, yes you can do that.
I used to play NHL on one PC with 2 friends, using gamepads all the time.
Using two PCs we used to play Nascar and Need for Speed using two steering wheels.

ESPNSTI said:
justin syder said:

Not that this is a natural thing to do, but yes, yes you can do that.
I used to play NHL on one PC with 2 friends, using gamepads all the time.
Using two PCs we used to play Nascar and Need for Speed using two steering wheels.

My neighbour and I used to waste hours after school playing NHL9(x), Need for Speed, Age of Empires, European Air War, etc. on my network. It was slow, and sometimes choppy, but hella fun :D

I've never gotten into consoles myself, simply because my computer wastes enough of my time. I have maybe 20-30 games for it (all uninstalled now 'cause I got no time to play) and I've played them for hours. I'm one of the very few people who hate FPS games and fantasy games, so I never needed to buy a console for any games like that either.

I've been out of computer gaming for about two years now, but I've just caved in and gottem Sims2 (I've never played a Sims game yet!!) off of SuprNova, so we'll see how much I play that :p

jasonchiu said:
how fast are your computers? mine is a 1.8ghz but i over clock to 2.4
P4 3.0C with Hyper Threading. I'll be overclocking it to 3.6 or 3.9 soon. :)

amd64 3400
1gig ram
raid stripe w/ 74gb raptors!
woot woot woooooot!

yeah lets have 4 friends come over and play on my 32"
tv....oh crap we can only see the gun in 007....
or lets race each other! but all i see is the center line! rrrrrr

wait here's the console design guys >>
guy1 - okay lets see how to make this betteR? ah! lets make games playable over the internet
guy2 - kind of like pc's have been doing it for years now?
guy1 - yeah! exactly!

lol i know its hard to educate the masses b/c most of them are just following
one another (like lemmings), and i know its actually stupid of me to try and convince ppl over the internet, but if i can just get you to think (even a little bit) about the fact that consoles suck .... well then i'll have accomplished something :mrgreen:

i liked duck hunt though - i'll u that. :wink:

^^^^ We have a very sad person here. It's a shame when one can not see past the end of one's own nose.

btw - I have a laptop so going round to a mate's house for a bit of multiplayer is still perfectly viable for me :p (although takes quite a lot longer as we have to wait for a game to install everytime we want to try something new :()

but if i can just get you to think (even a little bit) about the fact that consoles suck .... well then i'll have accomplished something

Get a life :wink:

bahnstormer said:
sports games on pc at 1600x1200 on a 19" screen are :shock:
Ya, but sports game on a 32" TV with 3 of your friends is :shock: x2. Playing something like Madden on PS2 with a bunch of friends is way better than any PC multiplayer game (and yes, I know you can hook up multiple gamepads and crap, but still consoles are unquestionably better for multiplayer sports games). Hell, my friends and I still play Tecmo Superbowl for my SNES every now and then, and that is far superiour to even the best PC sports game. Just a few weeks ago we had my SNES hooked up to a projector and had a Tecmo Superbowl tournament on a 10 foot tall screen. 8)

Anyone who thinks PCs are superior really needs to get four friends, a GameCube and Super Smash Bros. or four friends, a PS2 and any 4 player EA sports game. :D

Consoles suck?

5 words: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

:D :D ALMOST THERE TOO!! i have my copy reserved, do you? :wink:

zenon said:
Ya, but sports game on a 32" TV with 3 of your friends is :shock: x2.

Exactly. Four friends crowding around a PC monitor (even a 22 inch one) is no fun. Furthermore many sports games are simply unavailable on the PC.

I am not against PC gaming and in fact I do like FPS such as Call of Duty. However the variety of PC games on offer is relatively limited. As a gamer I find it beneficial to try the best of both worlds (consoles and PC).