• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Convertibles and roadsters with their tops on

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
ok, so you're guessing that I'm following my other post.
Many convertibles today look sooo happening with their tops down ... but just as the top goes up ... some remain cool, while others become ridiculous.
Can you please post here some convertibles/roadsters with their tops off to see just how many deserve to be convertibles or how many need to rethink their strategy.
Please don't post the same kind of car twice ... and feel free to praise/ridicule upon the pictures.

for sure, a BMW Z3 looks like shit with a Hard top but looks like sex when the top is down, can't get pics of a Hard-top Z3 though, I've only seen one in my entire life... maybe people in colder countries can get a pic ;)

1-Mcou_side_grigia1.jpg

it's called the BMW M Coup?, not Z3 Coup?. oddly enough theres quite a few here in los angeles.

my car was never supposed to be a convertible but a couple years into production, they decided to chop the top, and apparenlty the top was done by a company in california here. i'm still pretty sure its gonna smear my head all over the road if it flips, since it has no rollbar and the only support pillars look standard. :oops:

AutoMX said:
1-Mcou_side_grigia1.jpg

it's called the BMW M Coup?, not Z3 Coup?. oddly enough theres quite a few here in los angeles.

actually there is a z3 coupe.. not the hard top one, its like the m coupe but with a different engine.. and some slight exterior and interior changes.. I THINK! :|

I think the BMW 6'er is soo sexy in cabriolet format :drool: No wonder its the ultimate footballers-wives car next to the Continental GT.

The Mini on the other hand is a classic for several reasons, and one of which is NOT having a soft top. It should keep itself clothes IMHO
:thumbsdown:

And finally, the 350Z...definatly better with its top off...even though you loose EVEN MORE practicality :x Very nice! :D

nismo33 said:
AutoMX: your car a 180SX?

no 180sx here in the states unless its imported. 200sx (sentra) and 240sx are the only ones available.

8022t.jpg

mine is candy red but im too lazy to upload a decent pic (see sig)

1992 240SX SE Convertible
155hp 2.4L I4
2 door, 4 seats (rear seats are for kids with no legs)
blah blah
blah

Hi there!

In my opinion the Triumph Spitfire looks absolutely fabulous with the top down
BillLong.jpg

but also with the top up or especially with the Hardtop it still looks great.
1500_simillon.jpg

andyhui01 said:
but I don't mean the M-coupe... M-coupe is the hatchback... I was talking about Z3 Hardtop ;)

Were you talking of something like this perhaps? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540397636&category=36468

I think you'll find that there is no such thing as Z3 coupe as you mean it the car pictured has the optional hard top, which is installed on top of the fabric roof ( about a 1/2 hou process... also available for Boxers, mx-5's etc)

Anyways, still quite good looking if you ask me.

There is a Z3 coupe, look at this pic:
z3coupe.jpg

Difference with the M-coupe is a smaller engine 2.8 I6 being the biggest. Differences are the bumpers, wheels and the side air-outlets.

In 2001 when they bumped the M coupe to 315 HP, they made a 3.0 Z3 Coupe. Z3 Coupe also only has 1 muffer (m has 2) and the m's have the deep dish wheels.

Stokvis said:
There is a Z3 coupe, look at this pic: Difference with the M-coupe is a smaller engine 2.8 I6 being the biggest. Differences are the bumpers, wheels and the side air-outlets.

The Z3 with the soft top up doesnt look too good. But I think the hardtop looks sexy... almost like a mini mcoupe. (not the best pic)

2001Mz3sig1.jpg

the 6 series bmw looks nice when the top is down, but ugly when its covered :yucky:

mmap said:
Were you talking of something like this perhaps? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4540397636&category=36468

I think you'll find that there is no such thing as Z3 coupe as you mean it the car pictured has the optional hard top, which is installed on top of the fabric roof ( about a 1/2 hou process... also available for Boxers, mx-5's etc)

Anyways, still quite good looking if you ask me.

now doesn't that look like shit?.... I saw one in real life the other day and it looked like crap