Convertibles are not pickups.

Cavi Mike

Car(s)
1986 325e, 1987 Corolla, 2000 328Ci
This recent episode gave me a bit of a laugh when they brought home a bunch of awkward items that couldn't possibly fit unless they took their roof off. What have you brung home in yours?

bmwtruck.JPG

The miata transported 3 very attractive women. And me :)

Not a convertable, but i once transported 11 people and their skateboards in my Toyota, Including 2 in the trunk!

Also not a convertible, but I got 11 in a '99 VW Beetle, also with 2 in the trunk, and a couple of really thick DDR pads (I was in high school, okay!).

Waiting to do a test in my Corolla. The trunk is gigantic, and I think I could fit 3 in there.

10 ft x-mas tree in my dad's Sebring while he was in Brasil. Needles everywhere but still better than the time we spread sangria in a 15 ft, 360 degree circle around my FiL's boat in 100 degree Texas summer. Looked like we had slaughtered a pig and would not come out. Try explaining that one...

Also not a convertible, but does the 8ft roll of carpet I somehow got home in my Nissan Micra count?

I'll join in the 'not a convertible' club because I can get a bike in the back of mine in one piece. Cheaper than buying a bike rack.

garden bench in me smart with the roof down, oh yeah :p

also: why are there so few convertible people in this convertible thread?

2wn6xcm.jpg

Largest single object I've transported in the not-a-convertible Mazda.

On Saturday, however, the boot was full of beer, sneakers and other items you usually bring back from Estonia, and I then had the passenger compartment full of passengers and their stuff. I then drove 140km from Helsinki and the rear tires rubbed on the arches every time the road surface was uneven.

Cue "the image i post in each and every thread about cargo space"
saab900cc.jpg

An 8ft golden bamboo in my MX-5 earlier this summer. It got a few laughs from pedestrians on the way home, thankfully less than a mile from where I bought it!

Cue "the image i post in each and every thread about cargo space"
saab900cc.jpg

Friend of mine had a 626 GT hatchback 5-speed, with the 2.2 turbo. RARE combo. One of the best kill stories was that he was racing a Civic on the highway with a dryer in the back... with hatch shut :D

I haven't really carried that much in my convertibles. I've put a chair in the passenger seat, and I've loaded it up with tires many, many times. But none of these are truly a difficult fit. Being able to put the top down does help position the tires so they can be strapped in effectively.

Part of the reason my convertible hasn't had to carry as much on it is because it has a trailer hitch. I'll load up the trailer and the car and hit the road. It's carried a lot more than its supposed 500 pound (no trailer) capacity and handled it without issue. The brakes (at least with the tires I use) can take the extra weight. Acceleration is still better than the old Camry could offer. And handling... is fine, since a lot of the weight is on the trailer's suspension instead of the car's.

This recent episode gave me a bit of a laugh when they brought home a bunch of awkward items that couldn't possibly fit unless they took their roof off. What have you brung home in yours?

bmwtruck.JPG

I hear you like rear wheel drive, here is a rear axle on your rear axle.

I saw a guy driving with a very tall potted palm tree in the passenger seat of his BMW Z8. :cry:

Convertibles are not pickups.

http://img829.imageshack.**/img829/8268/2005chevroletssr2002264.jpg

would like a word with you.