Cool Videos

what tailgating? he's 5m behind!
I can't tell if you're being serious...so

They're traveling on a divided four-lane highway which generally means a speed limit of 50-70mph. If we take the average and say they are driving at 60mph, the vehicle is covering 88fps. The minimum safe driving cushion is 2 seconds in perfect conditions,(conditions in the video appear thus) therefore should have been at least 53 meters behind.

If you were just taking the piss..well done.

Reactions: h-p

They're traveling on a divided four-lane highway which generally means a speed limit of 50-70mph. If we take the average and say they are driving at 60mph, the vehicle is covering 88fps. The minimum safe driving cushion is 2 seconds in perfect conditions,(conditions in the video appear thus) therefore should have been at least 53 meters behind.

In Australia, that gap would have 2 cars in between. He's not tailgating

I'm not sure if you mean that by "this is the rule" or "this is how the typical prick drives here" but it should be at least 2 SECONDS behind, 4 seconds behind a mototcycle (that way, as speed increases, so does the space between the cars) and far enough back from a semi that you can see both side-view mirrors. 2-car lengths might be enough in a 10 mph access road, but not on a highway. And following close? Like you're going to get their sooner?

Last edited:
This is a commercial for a cell phone operator in Norway.

TAXI!

Now theres a cab I wouldn't mind a ride in.

So far I've only been in 2 cabs in my life. A London Black Cab and a Boston Ford Crown Victoria, and both were just as bland as I expected.

EDIT: Forgot one. I've also been in a Moscow GAZ 3110 Volga.

Last edited:

Top Gear Hi Lux go home. :D
[video=youtube;Eyase-RQT_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyase-RQT_I[/video]

53m???? if you were to leave 53m over here, even busses would cut you off!

i assume you live in a low populated area?

Laws of physics don't change according to population. There's a difference what people do and what they should do.

Laws of physics don't change according to population. There's a difference what people do and what they should do.

true, but 53m??? that's 10 carlengths!
if you stay that much behind, they will never move over...

Here the minimal safe distance is 2-3 seconds, which, at 50 km/h (built up areas) makes it 24-36m, 90 km/h makes it 50-75m and on the highway 70-100m.

So then you back off. *shrugs* What's wrong with giving people space to move when they need it so that they don't HAVE to cut you off?

I know you weren't talking to me, but I used to live in a rural area, but now live near the San Francisco airport, and drive to San Francisco quite frequently...and I drive the same way. I'm keeping up with traffic, but I don't need to be sniffing the tail pipe in front of me. I don't know...maybe I'm too generous, but even in heavy heavy traffic, I rarely arrive frustrated, and no later than anyone else.

Last edited:
Believe it or not but what some would call tailgating realy is how people drive over here, I discribe driving a mayor ringroad in rushhour traffic as beeing in a pinballmachine.

Hatchbacks, cityboxes and luxobarges zipping by you left right and center, ...even if you are going over the speedlimit, they would try driving under you if they could, guess those deskjockies are always in a big hurry :dunno:

I have had idiots passing me on the shoulder (!) when I was going 90 in the worktruck (limit).

lane changing goes something like this 1:signal 2:move over, don't bother waiting for someone to let you in cause they won't, they might loose 5 seconds of precious coffee drinking time! They have seen you believe me, so just barge in....they will move.

Nothing is worse then a commuter 'armed' with a hatchback, but there are a shitload of em, so play their game, only play it better.

Last edited:
He's not tailgating
That. There's plenty of space, and the slowpoke in front (who is driving so slow he's being overtaken by a truck in the right lane) should have moved out of the way long before this.

That. There's plenty of space, and the slowpoke in front (who is driving so slow he's being overtaken by a truck in the right lane) should have moved out of the way long before this.
How far back do you think they are?

Might be a repost since it is from 2010, but it totally made my day... Transformers performing "Thriller".

[video=youtube;-T4uQ-CYgiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-T4uQ-CYgiA#at=95[/video]