Cool Videos

"We don't need no water", etc.

I've taken down a few structures at the racetrack over the years. Really wish I could have burned them rather than knock them down and haul off the remains. My neighbor's old house is falling down, maybe they will burn it soon? It's about 215 feet/65 meters from my house, shouldn't pose a problem.)

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
My dad was a fireman, and as kids we got to go to a few of these planned demo structure fires and hang out in his pickup. Good times. Eople would "donate" their buildings to the department, and they would do a couple if small isolated burns,, do a few practice exercises, and then light the whole thing up and let it burn. Though, before doing it, they required that all shingles and tar paper be removed, and some people weren't willing to do it, so then they would just have to bulldoze it and/or take it apart.

Reactions: lip
^ I think the technology will advance fast, and in a few short years it will be possible to automatically update any older low scale media to this quality level in 4k or 8k.

I love how manual the process was to place the call from a landline, you had to roughly know where the vehicle was to reach it. Also the 'compact' installation of Tx and Rx equipment, along with that massive battery.

^ I think the technology will advance fast, and in a few short years it will be possible to automatically update any older low scale media to this quality level in 4k or 8k.
TVs are already pretty good at upscaling, they're even better at motion smoothing. Just the other day I mentioned in a Reddit comment that it would be nice to have a way to grab the smoothed video from my LG TV because it manages in real-time something that Topaz video AI takes hours to do.