Cool Videos

^Regina Spektor is very cool. Quite cute, too.

^She pushes ALL of my buttons. White skin, round face, big mouth, thick lips...and I like her music. :D

This might not be for everybody. Gabber Hardcore featuring Angerfist.

[YOUTUBE]tNme5ZwNJ9I[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Catchy, minus the somewhat incomprehensible yelling.

hardcore, eh? Nice stuff.

I thought nobody around here listens to gabber and other hardcore genres. Then again, everyone says EDM's for gay people, yet every single club I know of plays some spectrum of it. On the other hand, you will never hear pop or rock music in the club and hip-hop, r&b and reggae have very little show in the playlist unless it's a club specifically for those genres. If you ask me, every one of those EDM haters are fakes and just posing for their friends because of some stupid urban myth started by rappers, what a sell-off.

As for gabber, even some pro-EDM people find it irritating, but what do you expect? Hardcore is the heavy-metal of EDM, it's not made to be easy-listening, nor is it made so you can shake your but to it.

hardcore, eh? Nice stuff.

I thought nobody around here listens to gabber and other hardcore genres. Then again, everyone says EDM's for gay people, yet every single club I know of plays some spectrum of it. On the other hand, you will never hear pop or rock music in the club and hip-hop, r&b and reggae have very little show in the playlist unless it's a club specifically for those genres. If you ask me, every one of those EDM haters are fakes and just posing for their friends because of some stupid urban myth started by rappers, what a sell-off.

As for gabber, even some pro-EDM people find it irritating, but what do you expect? Hardcore is the heavy-metal of EDM, it's not made to be easy-listening, nor is it made so you can shake your but to it.

I love all kinds of hardcore at this point. I just discovered gabber myself. I will be creating a MP3 CD full of hardcore, whatever I can find on my drive anyways. I didn't know anybody else in Canada listens to hardcore either :p.

I've heard there are raves around toronto and southern ontario, but I've yet to hear of an actual one happening. I guess it's much more underground here than in europe, with the cops being much stricter with noise violations here. Also, cops would be looking for raves like crazy in Canada ... because they know they're nesting grounds for drug dealers. Then again, it's just a party ... and like any party, you're bound to find someone on some substances that they shouldn't have consumed. There should be some websites with rave communities, but I wouldn't go to a rave, since if I can find one, the cops can too.

I not only listen to Gabber though, I listen to almost every genre or Electronic Dance Music. Everything from house, garage, trance, techno, hardcore, jungle, down-tempo, break-beat .. you name it.

Try this guide: http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html, it's a guide to almost all the genres of electronic music. If you like Gabber, you might find other sorts of hardcore you might like.

I've never really got why someone would name a type of music after a building material.

I've never really got why someone would name a type of music after a building material.

The same reason why people would name a music genre after a : natural mineral formation (rock), a state of mind (trance), a dwelling (house), mineral deposits (heavy metal), random sound (pop), method of manufacturing (industrial), disobedient teenager (punk), a part of human anatomy and a way of walking (hip-hop), a molecule with PH bigger than 7 (acid), a color (blues), a human spirit (soul), a nation (country), a mineral formation and a continuous rotation (rock & roll) ... you get the idea ...

I've heard there are raves around toronto and southern ontario, but I've yet to hear of an actual one happening. I guess it's much more underground here than in europe, with the cops being much stricter with noise violations here. Also, cops would be looking for raves like crazy in Canada ... because they know they're nesting grounds for drug dealers. Then again, it's just a party ... and like any party, you're bound to find someone on some substances that they shouldn't have consumed. There should be some websites with rave communities, but I wouldn't go to a rave, since if I can find one, the cops can too.

I not only listen to Gabber though, I listen to almost every genre or Electronic Dance Music. Everything from house, garage, trance, techno, hardcore, jungle, down-tempo, break-beat .. you name it.

Try this guide: http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html, it's a guide to almost all the genres of electronic music. If you like Gabber, you might find other sorts of hardcore you might like.

FANTASTIC site! Thanks!

He updated that site again?? Damn...:lol:. I'm an all around electronic music fan with my favourites being goa, psychadellic, acid, hard trance, trance, euro dance, hard house, progressive trance, happy hardcore, etc... :).

"Gabber" is a building material? Didn't know that.
Anyway, I think hardcore has its roots in the Netherlands, and that's also the only country where it has organised groups of fans, I think. They have festivals and concerts.
However, most of the fans are XTC-eating dumbasses, and quite often associated with extreme-right and neo-nazis because of their clothing style and aggressive dancing style...
It's not exactly an environment where I'd enjoy myself in.

^the lower they are on the social ladder, the more they're into hardcore

Last edited: