Cool Wall - yes/no

Cool Wall - yes/no

• Total voters

SPG900

After a few posts regarding the cool wall in this thread, I'm curious about how many people actually want to keep it...

At first it sounded like a good idea but it weared off quite fast. I don't even post there anymore. The same goes for the folding@home section. A sticky in tech would do the job as well.

Its a nice way to discuss cars, but the whole cool\uncool thing is taken a bit too serious. Even though thats the point :)

no, I'm sick of it, too many posts so I don't follow it, it's a bitch to maintain and it takes up space.

I also must admit, that I don't "mod" that section. I ekpt up with it for about three weeks, then stopped :unsure:

Ditching it. It was an idea that didn't really pan out.

Maybe it'll come back later. I've hidden it until then.

'Had never been there at all ... Won't miss it from what I read.

Aw man, and I just made my first poll!

Oh well, the concept didn't seem to work as well as it did on Top Gear. Way too many cool votes for the wrong reasons.

ChaoZ said:
Aw man, and I just made my first poll!

Oh well, the concept didn't seem to work as well as it did on Top Gear. Way too many cool votes for the wrong reasons.

Too many voters. Top Gear's cool wall works because they have only one or two people voting stuff and even they get crossed up sometimes. We have hundreds.

Jostyrostelli said:
Loose it, didn't like it from the start, it dominates the "View posts per last visit".

It's already gone. I suggest a fresh cup of coffee. :mrgreen:

I liked it... But I won't shoot myself now when it's gone, maybe it comes back. But if it doesn't, it's all right that way too. This is Viper's site and his decision, and I'll respect it.

EDIT: Have to say, though, that there were only 50 new posts when I logged in this morning. Hiding that section has helped. The cool wall of course was the place where majority of these useless posts came. But still, I found it rather amusing... But all in all, this was rhe right thing to do.

I don't really like the concept of the cool wall, its just flooded my view un-read post page with posts... and it attracts loads of spammers as well :thumbsdown:

I do see the problem with the cool wall, but I liked it - it's a fun place to post cars you like/dislike and discuss them. So where should posts like that go now? The down side could be drowning the "General Automotive" section with "what do you think about this car?" There's already a few, even with the cool wall.

At least add a new section for discussing just cars maybe? New cars, old cars, cool cars, stupid cars, spy shots, and so on? General Automotive only seems too small/general with the number of users in here.

And anyway, the post 10 times rule is gone now, so shouldn't really be a problem with spammers? Don't think here are that many spammers, anyway.

It's not spam just because a post is not interesting enough to _everybody_, now is it?

its not exactly spam but you can see there're posting for the sake of it, like answering questions that has been already answered, bumping really old threads and make a 2word comment on it......

Hit the road cool wall!!!

This is a good step up in restoring quality in the forum. :thumbsup:

i really liked the cool wall, but its true that too many unwanted posts lately, bumping old threads by just saying "yeah, cool car mate"... :thumbsdown: and true as well that it didnt function that well, most people saw a nice car and voted immediately sub zero which is not the point cos its not a beauty wall :bangin:

i'd like to see it back though, if someone can come up with a more reasonable solution/rules to the cool wall concept, so that we dont get 100new car polls everyday and 1000 new useless post coming with that... :)

[edit] how about say 1-2cars per week only? and maybe a minimum post limit before you can comment there to prevent newcommers posting useless stuff there in order to get their post count up?