Coolest car you have been in.

DB9 and vanquish at Chicago autoshow last year and had to clean my pants afterwards. Also a friend of mine his dad has a gt3 but never sat in it because his dad is always traveling for his work so I just get to see it.

I never seem to get in to the really cool machines at car shows, so while I have seen many of the cool cars you guys have mentioned I have not sat in 'em.

However, of those that I have sat in (and in most cases driven) here it is:

1) Ferrari 348 GTS - only drove it 11km but that was the best 11 km of my life. Most folks deride the 348 as a poor car. My view is that if the 348 is a bad Ferrari, than bloody hell, their good cars must be really something!

What added to the coolness of the experience was that the Japanese owner of the car had the radio removed on the grounds that the engine sound should never be obstructed by mere music!

2) Souped up Porsche 928 S. Many years ago a mate of mine smashed his foot up club racing his Porsche 914/6. Needless to say he wrote the car off. Soon after he started lusting for another Porsche, but with one leg in a brace he could not test drive anything. That's where I came in. He convinced this dealer to not only let us have the Porsche for a test drive but that I would drive it and my friend would be in the passenger seat trying to "guage" the worthiness of the car. There was no space in the back for the dealer to come along. Next thing I know I was blasting @ 160km/h up a busy suburban bridge. In the wet!

That was a dumb thing to do! It is a 70 zone and it was a busy Saturday afternoon! I shall never do that again and do not recommend it to anyone else.

However that Porsce was way cool! The V8 sounded beautiful, truly symphonic and yet gutteral! I loved it.

PS My mate did not buy it (he now has a 928 S4), nor did I for that matter, although I did consider it. Some Porsche afficionados warned me against getting modifed old Porsches. I was told they can be expensive trouble and non-original cars do not hold their value.

:evil: don't like flash pages. I want to be able to check out the cars. But oh no .. flash takes care of that ..

haz

The coolest car i've been in is definitely the RX-8!! I went to a dealership and he thought I had a licence (I don't) and he let me rev the car... The speedo, the suicide doors, the styling.. orgasmic

Bentley Continental GT was definitely the coolest car I've been in. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And 04' Arnage. 8) Coolest for me because I'm a huge Bentley fan.

just got a lift home from my car mechanic in a 2004 Subaru Impreza STi because my RX-7 broke down again... this time is cuz my Apex seal is worn out :rotorsforever:... maybe not.. hehe... however... the STi is an amazing car... but I honestly like my 97 Subaru Impreza that i had in hong kong in terms of look

andyhui01 said:
just got a lift home from my car mechanic in a 2004 Subaru Impreza STi because my RX-7 broke down again... this time is cuz my Apex seal is worn out :rotorsforever:... maybe not.. hehe... however... the STi is an amazing car... but I honestly like my 97 Subaru Impreza that i had in hong kong in terms of look

RX-7 looks a lot better than an Impreza dude. A lot too. :D :wink:

I know... i was comparing the old subaru i had when i was in Hong Kong with the latest one i just sat in

Girly?!?! The new one is the best ever! I always like the old model but this one is SO much better! Lok at ESPNSTI's avatar! It's a car to fall in love with :wink:

I still think the imprezza is ugly. Just my opinion. I hope i don't offend anyone.

It looks like it has been pushed from the front and back. The eyes fat. The car is fat. The lights are a bit plain. And that hood scoop oh my god.