Coolest police car ever!

Portugal

CltQ0wGWAAEuhwf.jpg

I thought they decided that the Mustang wasn't up to scratch for Police duty in OZ?

They Did, It's not going to be used for Police duties. Just as a show pony. Same as the other couple they have (F150 Raptor, Aston Martin, the Tuned HSV And FPV)

They just end up doing car shows and that sort of stuff for community engagement.

Cool.

Plate goes with the car here and I guess in Portugal too, since it had the same registration number before and after it was confiscated by the police. Switching plates when transferring ownership is just a hassle, why do that when the car has a perfectly good plate and changing ownership is just in the Road Authority's computers? Then again some places let you make the plates yourself (instead of the Road Authority issuing them to you) for reasons that defy logic.

Last edited:
I saw a police tractor today

.. and a couple of days ago, I saw a plain white Jaguar XF with the blues flashing and the tones going. No pics, sorry. :sad:

(I didn't think the Met had the money for that kind of purchase/lease. :think:)

I just can't fathom a department using a 1937 Stude in the 1980s. It's mind boggling.

Could've been set aside for public outreach at that point. Kinda like Dubai's supercar fleet. Technically those are active duty police cars, but they never see real patrol work.

Massachusetts State Police still has a C4 Corvette on similar active duty.

Could've been set aside for public outreach at that point. Kinda like Dubai's supercar fleet. Technically those are active duty police cars, but they never see real patrol work.

Massachusetts State Police still has a C4 Corvette on similar active duty.

Kind of like D.A.R.E. cars then. Ok, I could see that...

Kind of like D.A.R.E. cars then. Ok, I could see that...

Just checked policecarwebsite to see if the C4 had any DARE markings and didn't see any. Is DARE even still a thing? I remember it was when I was in elementary school, but haven't heard of it since then.

d3outXw.jpg

Doesn't mean its not though. Also found this Fox while on there. Its not an SSP is it? I thought all of those were notchbacks.

5YhYb3z.png

Last edited:
Yes, DARE is still a thing.

Just checked policecarwebsite to see if the C4 had any DARE markings and didn't see any. Is DARE even still a thing? I remember it was when I was in elementary school, but haven't heard of it since then.

Doesn't mean its not though. Also found this Fox while on there. Its not an SSP is it? I thought all of those were notchbacks.

The local LE departments around here all seem to have a DARE car or two. Usually with some BS story about being taken from a drug dealer.

That is a GT and like you I seem to remember all SSP cars being notch/coupes.

Yes, DARE is still a thing.

Does it do anything? I didn't know drugs really existed until DARE told me about them. All I know is, once friends got to high school, they did drugs.