Corvette Z07 suspension testing with Ferrari 599

Well, I have seem people around here take posts seriously EVEN with the :p after that.

That might have to be 6 Corvettes! I was in Las Vegas this past weekend and strolled by the Wynn Ferrari dealership where they had a slightly used 599 GTB for sale at...$600,000. I know that dealer is overpriced compared to other Ferrari dealers, but goodness, 2x markup is a little excessive.

Well, if we asume that this car has all the options that'll rase the base price to lts say, 300k from 260. Then another 150k because of the waiting list(100-150k xtra isn't that uncommon) which brings you to 450 and...i suppose an extra 150k for no reason that i can think of except maybe because someone famous was in it or the dealership...well, sucks. really

i can't even count how many times i almost plowed in the rear of some american pickup at night, caus i didn't notice he started brakeing
Huh, I can't even count how many times someone almost tagged my '81 Chevy pickup at night. I never thought about it until now lol. The lights are supposed to glow brighter when you brake, but after 20-40 years ....:lol:.

The 599 is a great target, I think that GM should definitely be able to beat it in terms of sheer performance. Sure it probably won't ride quite as nicely, it definitely won't have that great of an interior, but there's this voice in my head saying, "Who gives a #$%& ? This thing is going to haul ass for pennies on the dollar compared to Europe." Has GM said when this car will be in showrooms?

Huh, I can't even count how many times someone almost tagged my '81 Chevy pickup at night. I never thought about it until now lol. The lights are supposed to glow brighter when you brake, but after 20-40 years ....:lol:.

The 599 is a great target, I think that GM should definitely be able to beat it in terms of sheer performance. Sure it probably won't ride quite as nicely, it definitely won't have that great of an interior, but there's this voice in my head saying, "Who gives a #$%& ? This thing is going to haul ass for pennies on the dollar compared to Europe." Has GM said when this car will be in showrooms?

Doesn't the Z06 already beat the 599 in everything but maximum velocity?

That was the point I was trying to make, but i was somewhat ignored.. <_<

I thought the 599 cornered a little better too, but idk. Whatever the case, I can't wait to see what the "Z07" can do.

Well C&D got 1/4 mile in 11.2 @ 131mph. The fastest I've read a Z06 on stock tires is like 11.4 @ 128

Also some track comparo
http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=71292

The track
http://www.pista-asc.it/pista.php

3. 1'16"810 - 119.98 Kph - Ferrari 599 GTB (Composite Brakes, 20" Rims, Pirelli Pzero MY06)

18. 1'19"523 - 115.90 Kph - Corvette Z06 --SUPERTEST 2006--

And then the 200-0kmh
http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=103787

135.6 ? Ferrari 599 GTB
137.3 ? Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06

Some more straight line figures
http://www.supercars.net/Pics?vpf2=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=106157&mID=2903360&l=d

21.3L/100km = 10mpg

even if they glow brighter, you won't notice unless you saw the change (luckily most have middle brake light as well now)

I would love to see an American car that can compete with Ferrari. While the Corvette may be able to match it around a track, it will never rival Ferrari in other departments.

Ford GT doesn't stress the perfection like a Ferrari but it's up there as an icon. 8)

there's this voice in my head saying, "Who gives a #$%& ? This thing is going to haul ass for pennies on the dollar compared to Europe."

No it isn't. It's probably gonna be around half the price of that Ferrari and honestly, given you've got the sort of income to afford buying/running a supercar, it doesn't really make a difference.

2009-Corvette-Z07.jpg

The Corvette would probably beat a 599 in almost everything except handling :think:

eh?

so you mean it's got more class, prestige, comfort, looks, interiour?
i'm afraid i don't agree

handling is the only thing it should be better in! and probably the only thing it ever might get better in than the ferrari as well

Maybe not prestige and comfort and the like, but it definitely (on the outside) looks better.