Corvette ZR-1 unveiled

^^ Sans lexan engine window...voila!

http://img526.imageshack.**/img526/9109/x09chcr082gb9.jpg

Har har there's only one possible reason for those gynormous rear brakes on a front-engined car and I figured it out.

Traction control.

^ Looks sinister in black like that sans engine cover. But you gotta make the calipers blue (a nod to the Blue Devil name).

Kind of hard to be a Ford fan these days when their idea of a performance car is a secretaries car :p

Oh look I haz a title!

Well the Boss engines are due out in 09, and if what I hear is right they'll kick some major ass.

Not as much ass as the ZR1, but enough...:D

^ You joined just to say that? :blink:

The S2000 has 123.5hp/Liter and its NA

How about a useful measurement bhp/kg per engine:

S2000 2.0 (F20C I think) bhp/kg:?1.5
LS2 (NA used in base model) bhp/kg: 2
LS7 (also NA) bhp/kg: 2.27

....and they made it 9yrs before the corvette. Im not bashing...just sayin...

The S2000 came out in 1944?

Last edited:
carrera0to60 said:
The S2000 has 123.5hp/Liter and its NA....and they made it 9yrs before the corvette. Im not bashing...just sayin...

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/05/iorofl.gif

The S2000 has 123.5hp/Liter and its NA....and they made it 9yrs before the corvette. Im not bashing...just sayin...

The guy is a n00b and all, but he made me think of something - don't Honda ever update their sportscars? They dragged the NSX for 12 years, and they've indeed had the S2000 for 9 already.

Have they always been like that?

The guy is a n00b and all, but he made me think of something - don't Honda ever update their sportscars? They dragged the NSX for 12 years, and they've indeed had the S2000 for 9 already.

Have they always been like that?

Well the NSX was always sold at a loss. Depending on where the yen sat relative to the dollar Honda lost between 5,000 and 15,000 dollars for every NSX they sold. That is why the NSX never received a major update beyond minor upgrades to the driveline and exterior/interior tweaks.

Not sure what to say about the S2000.

Not sure what to say about the S2000.

No one ever came out with anything that competed with it. The 350z was more powerful but heavier, the RX-8 wasn't a proper 2 seater sports car, the Miata wasn't as fast, and the Elise wasn't as comfortable or usable everyday.

It did get a change half way through it's life, they shoved a 2.2liter engine in it to give it a bump in torque, and eventually they tweaked the suspension and took some of the anti-dive/squat geometry to make it more stable.

Love that render without the stupid lex cover, looks badass, I can't wait to see the first videos of this car kicking some serious ass. Keep in mind this car is only 200 bhp less and 200 lbs heavier then the CCX, quite the feat, A modded one might be able to keep up with the Koenigsegg because with a pulley swap this engine will make more torque then the Koenigesgg's engine. Quite the feat from an American Supercar, looks like Dodge now needs to make a Viper with 700 hp.

No one ever came out with anything that competed with it. The 350z was more powerful but heavier, the RX-8 wasn't a proper 2 seater sports car, the Miata wasn't as fast, and the Elise wasn't as comfortable or usable everyday.

It did get a change half way through it's life, they shoved a 2.2liter engine in it to give it a bump in torque, and eventually they tweaked the suspension and took some of the anti-dive/squat geometry to make it more stable.

It was a little cheaper than the Z4 and a lot cheaper than the Boxster/Elise. So the only competition it had in its price range was the Z4 and 350Z, both of those have been around for 5 years with relatively minor changes.

It was a little cheaper than the Z4 and a lot cheaper than the Boxster/Elise. So the only competition it had in its price range was the Z4 and 350Z, both of those have been around for 5 years with relatively minor changes.

Exactly. To top that off the Z4 was heavier, and less powerful up until the '06 models came out, where it is now more expensive. The 350z convertible is a lot heavier, and bigger.

The only thing I can think of that comes close really is the Mazdaspeed Miata, but that is to hard to fit bigger people in, and is slower. It has the benefit of a tough, easily modded engine and a $5-10k less price tag.

Honda really hit a sweet spot with that car. If you want 2 seats, and a surreal driving experience it seems the S2000 is just impossible to beat, even now.

Can we get back to the Corvette now? :)

Last edited:
(NEW) ZR1 Corvette Racing on Track

(NEW) ZR1 Corvette Racing on Track

Looks great, looks like its on rails

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S7xbxuaXrA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator: