Corvette ZR-1 unveiled

I know. But there is a difference between explaining what it is about the car that you don't like and being offensive about it. I don't think someone neg rep'd you for not liking the car, I think they neg rep'd you for being insulting about it.

Just a thought.

Ok, I edited my first post, and gave reasons.

Do not want.

Just looks damn ugly and boring. Why? Well, Corvette design is like the 911 (another car I dislike), "evolutionary" as some of you may call it. Sure the design improves over the years, but it's not exactly a fresh new design. This 'vette might not be as plain or boring to look at as the previous 'vettes but we can see the original design in it, just like the 911s. And this original design, is what I don't like. The original design was great for it's time and by slightly remodeling it over the years, the new design can be called evolutionary, but what's the point when you've chosen a shitty design to evolutionize?

When I look at this new 'vette all I see is the C3 from the '60s with a new body kit and headlamps.
Err...that's kind of like saying when I look at the 430 all I see is the Mondial.

ferrari_mondial_1984.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.**/img341/6712/ferrari430scuderia1iu2.jpg

Wow! Look at the lack of evolution! It's got a body kit and headlamps, too! :lol:

Err...that's kind of like saying when I look at the 430 all I see is the Mondial.

ferrari_mondial_1984.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.**/img341/6712/ferrari430scuderia1iu2.jpg

Wow! Look at the lack of evolution! It's got a body kit and headlamps, too! :lol:

Yeah, Ferrari's design is pretty fail, it looks just like the 80's Mondial, but it's got 90's-ish headlights. ;)

Heh, but the 430's front is not a box, hey? And the air intakes on the side have improved, etc, etc.

It's like these two, very similar aren't they?:
corvette-z06-1.jpg

2.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-z06-rear.jpg

f2.jpg

They look exactly the same and oh, the 575, isn't a good looking car.

Last edited:
Heh, but the 430's front is not a box, hey? And the air intakes on the side have improved, etc, etc.

It's like these two, very similar aren't they?:
corvette-z06-1.jpg

2.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-z06-rear.jpg

f2.jpg

Its funny because the rear lights were on a vette first, also funny is how the hood scope and front lights were also like that on the C5.R before the ferrari...o and it is also funny how it will rape every Ferrari on the market today, and how it has the Enzo's brakes...IN THE REAR HAHAHA.

No matter how much of this is sarcasm, you are actually right about that... They look a lot a like!

Its funny because the rear lights were on a vette first, also funny is how the hood scope and front lights were also like that on the C5.R before the ferrari...o and it is also funny how it will rape every Ferrari on the market today, and how it has the Enzo's brakes...IN THE REAR HAHAHA.

Exactly. I have no idea why Ferrari copied the Corvette. They made the 575 ugly.

The scoop at the front of the hood/bonnet was on the Viper long before it was on either Chevy or Ferrari, though I'm sure someone will call out the Ferrari 250 GTO having it before that.

Hood too 2F2F for me, but the rest of it is nice, especially in black.

The scoop at the front of the hood/bonnet was on the Viper long before it was on either Chevy or Ferrari, though I'm sure someone will call out the Ferrari 250 GTO having it before that.

Does this count?

800px-1967_Chevrolet_Corvette_convertible.jpg

Does this count?

I was thinking more along the lines of who shoved a hood scoop near the front of the bonnet, where it is actually useful. Ferrari had it in the early 60's, though it appears they did it more because they needed more air flow to the radiators than was available from that piss ant little hole in the front end:
ferrari_250_GTO.jpg

No more Ferrari talk, more https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/19/wackit.gif to the ZR-1.

Does this count?

'61 250GT Berlinetta SWB

http://img530.imageshack.**/img530/733/ferrari250gtberlinetta1wx2.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.**/img530/733/ferrari250gtberlinetta1wx2.d311d4bf76.jpg

I was just thinking in terms of the Viper. Hood scoops go WAYYYYYY back.

i hope they send it 'round the top gear test track. it might not fair so well but it doesn't matter. It look b-e-a-u-tiful and it'll make an epic sound. as much as i love GM i must admit that they've been screwing up a lot and the vette is one of the few good things they have going.

i hope they send it 'round the top gear test track. it might not fair so well but it doesn't matter. It look b-e-a-u-tiful and it'll make an epic sound. as much as i love GM i must admit that they've been screwing up a lot and the vette is one of the few good things they have going.

If it can just manage one second faster around either it will be still amazingly impressive. That thing looks so sinister. This...this is my dream car.