Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Animations still look like shit.

Changing dust2 is a damn ballsy move...It'll be interesting to see how the community will handle this.

I know why they've done it, as the transit time from middle-A to B is far shorter than B to middle-A due to the ledge, but it will still receive all the hate in the world.

To be honest that looks a bit underwhelming, especially when compared to something like Crysis. But I'll reserve my judgement until I see the finalized game. Last time I played Counter Strike was the 1.6 version, which looks to have been 9 years ago. Damn, I'm starting to feel old.

Comparing CS to Crysis is missing the point all together... It was never about graphics, it's all gameplay in CS and that's pretty much the only thing that matters.

The lack of physics might actually be a good thing as jumping over a fallen cabinet was always a gamble in CS:S, you might get over it, you might not, you just never knew... I actually see this as an improvement.

I don't know how this will compare with CS:S yet but I'm pretty optimistic. It seems Valve actually ignored the stuff that wasn't worth the time and payed attention where it counts. Here's hoping :D

CS:GO will be released on PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 simultaneously on 21 August, 2012.

Set to cost 'approximately $15 USD', Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the fourth game in the Counter-Strike series and will be the first game in the series to release on consoles and PC at the same time.

Valve is planning to introduce a number of new features to the game, including area denial grenades such as molotov cocktails, as well as cross-platform play between PC and Mac.

The PlayStation 3 version will offer three control methods, which include using either the DualShock 3 controller, PlayStation Move or USB keyboard/mouse.

Anyone have a beta invite? :)

Comparing CS to Crysis is missing the point all together... It was never about graphics, it's all gameplay in CS and that's pretty much the only thing that matters.

I don't think aiming towards PS3 and Xbox 360 says much about how much they cared about the gameplay. There is no way in all of hell and beyond you could play the original CS with a controller, so you know right there it's not going to be CS. More like Modern Warfare with CS-inspired classic maps (Office does look like Office, at least)

I don't think aiming towards PS3 and Xbox 360 says much about how much they cared about the gameplay. There is no way in all of hell and beyond you could play the original CS with a controller, so you know right there it's not going to be CS. More like Modern Warfare with CS-inspired classic maps (Office does look like Office, at least)
Will work with USB keyboard and mouse on PS3 and Xbox.

Now that makes it a huge deal, proper PC twitch gameplay but you can access it via a console you already have.

Only the PS3 supports mouse and keyboard, because it's a better system. :p
CS Condition Zero was available for 360 and PS3, dunno what it was like though.

I got this game on steam two days ago and was surprised at how much fun I've had with it so far. I've played both with bots and online and it was really good. Oh the nostalgy of playing de_aztec. What also helps is that the game looks excellent on my MacBook Pro. The gameplay is great, simple and effective. It has been quite a while since I've played a FPS on a PC/Mac, but I was able to get into it very quickly. My only complaint is that a little bit of destructible environment would have been welcome.

Last edited: