Courses for someone with too much time on his hands.

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
Hello Finalgear.

I'm reaching out for your ideas. but first I need to give a bit of personal back story... so if you don't like that, stop reading now.

Anyways, Over the past 6 months (realistically though it's actually been 6 years) I have been stuggling with my vision.

Recently I underwent surgery to help correct it, but I still need atleast 2 more to make it better, and 1 more to become functional again.

I'm not allowed to do much physical activity and I can't see very well. So bearing that in mind. Can you suggest any courses that I can take to fill my long boring days...

I already play guitar, and I was thinking of taking a pottery course.

So name anything... however wild or crazy or whatever. I JUST NEED IDEAS!!!

I honestly don't care at this point I just need something to do.... :D

THANKS

Pottery?
ghost-pottery-wheel.jpg

Seriously though...programming?

Well, if you're musical and like guitar, why not piano?

Restore an old Japanese motorcycle. :wicked:

Restore an old Japanese motorcycle. :wicked:

I would love to... but since I don't have a job right now thusly my mum is the one forking up the cash... I don't think she'd go for it.

Here's another thought...what about another language through something like Rosetta stone or similar?

I think learning a different language would be the best bet. Challenging, rewarding, and useful, should definitely go for this option. Seeing as how you live in Vancouver, finding a course that will teach you an Asian language (Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) should be easy, or you could be a true Canadian and learn French.

Last edited:
Learn how to do Oly lifting, it looks like fun though I've never put the time into teaching myself how to do them properly.

Here's another thought...what about another language through something like Rosetta stone or similar?

Screw that. Learn Elvish on Wikipedia!

Or I suppose you could just cop out and learn Russian like everyone else.

Last edited:
How about learning to be a barista (the coffee kind)?

I'm attending a latte art course on Thursday.

skateboarding? :p

more serious, what about making wine/beer/whiskey/...?

If you can handle staring at a computer screen, build a bankroll starting from microstakes poker.

Takes a helluvalot of time and is greatly rewarding (financially and otherwise) when the results start coming in.

New suggestion......Learn how to play this song...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC1m4Fb9Hs&feature=fvw[/YOUTUBE]