• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Cover-up for SEMA show

Overheat

Forum Addict
sema-2005.jpg

The annual SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers' Association) show in Las Vegas will be a little different next week: organisers have placed a ban on skimpy and suggestive outfits for the women on the stands. The SEMA show has typically been as much about the glamour models and scantily-clad lovelies as the modified and customised cars on display, with even the smallest of alloy wheel-makers hiring a few wannabe actresses to draw attention to their automotive wares.

However, the organisers have stated this year that: "In the interest of maintaining a professional atmosphere, attendees must wear appropriate apparel at all times. Business or semi-business attire is suggested. Items such as flip-flops, tank tops, cut-offs, bathing suits, thongs, lingerie, excessively short skirts, transparent apparel or workout clothing are prohibited. Logos and sayings on apparel must be in good taste. Show management reserves the right to make determinations on appropriate apparel." So SEMA show-goers may actually have to look at the cars... (thecarconnection.com)

I found that pretty funny coming from SEMA. :lol: I guess they really must be suffering.

This will ruin it for my friend. He goes only to get posters of booth babes with their signatures. And a picture with them.

I got to go one year, it's a great show (even if you don't plan in inking a deal with a large company to carry their parts at a store). I even got a great "trade" discount on a lincoln welder. And the perelli booth babes served capaccino.

bear with me here.... most people interested in cars are guys.... most guys that are into cars are also into hot girls wearing basically nothing..... so why not appeal to both sides in one show?

Stupid, but I guess the organizers though it was too much distraction, or maybe one company complained.