Covid 19 CRISIS

Governor and mayor are fighting, our mayor said to prepare for a possible shelter in place order within 48 hours but governor said “it ain’t up to the city”. Though according to NYPD they wouldn’t be ticketing/arresting people it would be more of a strong suggestion.

I'm curious how lockdowns work, especially with our laws. I don't know if it's within the power of our government to stop everyone from going outside. Obviously we should also be staying inside anyways, unless absolutely necessary, but it's just a curious legal question to ponder.

Plenty of people still out and about around here, although they're keeping their distance from each other. The panic buying seems to be subsiding as people realize that stores are still getting their regular resupply shipments. I'm working from home but my wife is an essential worker so she has to go in; luckily her work is finally putting precautions in place to keep as many people out of the building as possible.
Yes, it's legal. Some states have already confined people who tested positive and refused to self-quarantine.

Both GM and Ford have an employee that have tested positive. GM's at the WarrenTech Center, Ford's is an engineer. The UAW wants plants shut down, the Big 3 want 48 hours to develop a strategy.

The Department of Corrections has two employees that tested positive. One is a probation officer, the other works in the Detroit Detention Center.

Here’s a much less fear mongering report of what’s going on.

Aerosol and Surface Stability of SARS-CoV-2 as Compared with SARS-CoV-1

SARS-CoV-2 remained viable in aerosols throughout the duration of our experiment (3 hours), with a reduction in infectious titer from 103.5 to 102.7 TCID50 per liter of air. This reduction was similar to that observed with SARS-CoV-1, from 104.3 to 103.5 TCID50 per milliliter (Figure 1A).

SARS-CoV-2 was more stable on plastic and stainless steel than on copper and cardboard, and viable virus was detected up to 72 hours after application to these surfaces (Figure 1A), although the virus titer was greatly reduced (from 103.7 to 100.6 TCID50 per milliliter of medium after 72 hours on plastic and from 103.7 to 100.6 TCID50 per milliliter after 48 hours on stainless steel). The stability kinetics of SARS-CoV-1 were similar (from 103.4 to 100.7 TCID50 per milliliter after 72 hours on plastic and from 103.6 to 100.6 TCID50 per milliliter after 48 hours on stainless steel). On copper, no viable SARS-CoV-2 was measured after 4 hours and no viable SARS-CoV-1 was measured after 8 hours. On cardboard, no viable SARS-CoV-2 was measured after 24 hours and no viable SARS-CoV-1 was measured after 8 hours (Figure 1A).
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=RP

I figured it out why people are hoarding TP. The shit is hitting the fan.

‘There is a policy of surrender’: doctor on UK’s Covid-19 failures

Mark Gallagher, a consultant cardiologist, is at home with a temperature of 38 and is pretty certain he has Covid-19. But the NHS will not test him for it. Instead, he has paid for a test kit from a private UK clinic and a colleague in China is sending him another.

Gallagher has been in and out of his London hospital every day for the last 28 in a row. In the past couple of weeks he saw maybe 70 people in outpatients, he said.

He cannot understand why the NHS will not test him or other healthcare workers who are put at risk by their work and risk infecting other vulnerable patients in turn, as well as their families.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-of-surrender-doctor-on-uks-covid-19-failures

The 53-year-old man in Nelson County refused to quarantine himself after testing positive for Covid-19, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said.

Nelson County officials "forced an isolation" on the man, one of the first 20 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the state.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/17/us/kentucky-refused-quarantine-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Despite being asymptomatic, he tested positive at a hospital in the Japanese city of Gamagori on Wednesday after both of his parents contracted the virus, and was told to wait at home until space at a suitable medical facility could be found for him the following day.
Instead, Fuji News Network (FNN) reports he decided to visit two bars in the small coastal city after telling a family member: “I am going to spread the virus.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...japan-bar-crawl-spread-gamagori-a9384541.html

Last edited:
Both GM and Ford have an employee that have tested positive. GM's at the WarrenTech Center, Ford's is an engineer. The UAW wants plants shut down, the Big 3 want 48 hours to develop a strategy.

The Department of Corrections has two employees that tested positive. One is a probation officer, the other works in the Detroit Detention Center.

Here is the plan from the automakers.

Local propagation continue on a exponential scale, doubling every 2 days. We should break the 100 case barrier today or tomorrow.

quebec-20200318.png

Yeah basically like it is everywhere else, i hope people stay the fuck home and help to flatten the curve.

Yeah basically like it is everywhere else, i hope people stay the fuck home and help to flatten the curve.

I'm surprised we don't see an effect yet, the government reacted quickly last Friday, yet no flattening is apparent.

I'm surprised we don't see an effect yet, the government reacted quickly last Friday, yet no flattening is apparent.
Symptoms don't show up immediately and neither will the results of any efforts to battle this thing. Anyone who wasn't doing the social distancing thing two weeks ago can still come down with the virus. Hopefully the curve will start to flatten out in a week or so but I'm not surprised that it hasn't done so yet.

Fox news, you never fail to spread misinformation.

Spreading misinformation about the situation is a problem. Pointing it out is not political, it is simply showing it happened.

Spreading misinformation about the situation is a problem. Pointing it out is not political, it is simply showing it happened.
This video isn't fact checking anything, it's shitting on FN's coverage of the issue. I don't see how it's helpful or informative in the least.

P.S. I don't watch FN or really give a flying fuck about them