Covid 19 CRISIS

Symptoms don't show up immediately and neither will the results of any efforts to battle this thing. Anyone who wasn't doing the social distancing thing two weeks ago can still come down with the virus. Hopefully the curve will start to flatten out in a week or so but I'm not surprised that it hasn't done so yet.

For me it started as a very light cold then moved into body aches and light fever. If people overlook the fact that it may start out as a cold and go out in the public like normal, they could already be infectious at that point. I think it'll take a couple of weeks still before any hope of 'flattening'.

Spreading misinformation about the situation is a problem. Pointing it out is not political, it is simply showing it happened.
You never miss a chance to poo-poo Fox News even when it's completely irrelevant (like right now - it's useless to post that silly video). All that little montage really says is that the virus is a bigger deal today than it was two weeks ago - brilliant fucking analysis, give the author a Pulitzer. There was precisely zero useful information there.

For me it started as a very light cold then moved into body aches and light fever. If people overlook the fact that it may start out as a cold and go out in the public like normal, they could already be infectious at that point. I think it'll take a couple of weeks still before any hope of 'flattening'.
Did you actually test positive for COVID19???

This video isn't fact checking anything, it's shitting on FN's coverage of the issue. I don't see how it's helpful or informative in the least.

P.S. I don't watch FN or really give a flying fuck about them

Would you feel the same if it were CNN?

NYC mayor threw out the possibility of a shelter-in-place order. NY governor said it'll never happen. Sounds like the two of them need to communicate, otherwise they're just adding fuel to the panic. My in-laws are in NYC but don't seem worried, thankfully; same for my in-laws in San Fran, which actually is on lockdown.

Yes - no one is posting footage of CNN hosts calling COVID19 the "Chinese coronavirus" followed by the same hosts complaining that Trump's use of the phrase is xenophobic. No one is posting that because it's irrelevant. No one is posting that because right now it doesn't matter which networks you like or dislike, follow or ignore. Typical useless one-liner response, by the way.

Two of my older coworkers have said the same things. 1. They don't think this is any worse than the flu that comes around every year and 2. They're worried about losing status with their chosen airlines. *sigh*

Did you miss the part where I don't actually watch FN?

But to answer your question, in this same exact situation, that is to say someone with a history of shitting on CNN posted a video with no useful information (like fact checking) shitting on CNN yes I would.

NYC mayor threw out the possibility of a shelter-in-place order. NY governor said it'll never happen. Sounds like the two of them need to communicate, otherwise they're just adding fuel to the panic. My in-laws are in NYC but don't seem worried, thankfully; same for my in-laws in San Fran, which actually is on lockdown.
Cuomo and DeBlasio been fighting for control of NYC since the beginning, this is nothing new.

Two of my older coworkers have said the same things. 1. They don't think this is any worse than the flu that comes around every year and 2. They're worried about losing status with their chosen airlines. *sigh*
Well, far fewer people have died from COVID19 than die from the flu every year, that much is true. Where it's different from the flu is that the mortality rate is significantly higher (est 0.1% vs 3%) and we also don't have a vaccine for this yet.

And the number of deaths will increase by many orders of magnitude before this is over.

Also Moderna has started human trials with their vaccine.
And here I am, still trying to figure out what Enzo Ferrari’s hometown has to do with vaccines. :think:

Well, far fewer people have died from COVID19 than die from the flu every year, that much is true. Where it's different from the flu is that the mortality rate is significantly higher (est 0.1% vs 3%) and we also don't have a vaccine for this yet.
Death rate is hard to pin point since we have no idea how many extremely mild or asymptomatic cases we've had since we can't really test a lot of people. To the point where I had a friend whose wife exhibited COVID-19 symptoms and later he did as well, but when they called the doc he basically said if its not severe stay home and don't bother going to the hospital, they got better couple of days later.

The bigger problem isn't death rate but rather the fact that there would be enough acute cases that will overwhelm our hospitals like it happened in Italy.

Let's not keep it political, but please, please, DO REMEMBER those who were playing everything down, those who were mistaken, those who were condescendent and those who were irritated.

Because otherwise, you will be putting your trust AGAIN in someone who has alredy screwed up completely and, more importantly, NEVER AKNOWLEDGED their own errors.

Do you remember, that two weeks ago, I was already foreseeing what is happening now, and I have been predicting the correct outcomes in Europe and the US based only on what was happening in Italy, China, Korea and Iran?

It's not that I am a genius, it's that many polticians have made huge and shameful errors, and they don't have the human dignity to aknowledge it and step down from their self-appointed position of entitled superiority. Rather, they try to make you forget their own disgusting and expensive errors.

Do not forget who told you that this was like the flu and was acting angrily against and made fun of those who were warning of the possibility of serious problems.

That video is important to never forget them, because they will surely try to say they had always been on the worried side. It's happening everywhere in the world.

If there is something good about this virus is that hard times show mercilessly who is an incompetent, malevolent, disgusting buffoon and who is a serious leader.

Look at your leader, and take the opportunity to see what he/she really is.

@LeVeL and @prizrak, where were you when the jokes were posted that were useless? The clip I posted showed exactly what it was, misinformation being spread, and a sudden shift to reality. I never said it was a fact check, but it is in fact showing what they did. Also Priz, you started this out thread out by calling it "Fuck COVID_19".

In short, I reject your complaints, and say you made this more political than I did.

@LeVeL and @prizrak, where were you when the jokes were posted that were useless? The clip I posted showed exactly what it was, misinformation being spread, and a sudden shift to reality. I never said it was a fact check, but it is in fact showing what they did. Also Priz, you started this out thread out by calling it "Fuck COVID_19".

In short, I reject your complaints, and say you made this more political than I did.

Can you please just drop it?

Those were my final words on it.

Kansas has ended the school year, California may follow.

Edit:

Last edited:
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/18/8174...e-virus-as-coronavirus-speads-hurting-economy

Trump Shuts Border With Canada To Stem Spread Of Coronavirus

President Trump ordered the border with Canada partly closed on Wednesday and the Defense Department said it would contribute to the coronavirus pandemic response with hospital ships, field treatment centers and medical supplies.

The U.S.-Canada border — the longest undefended frontier in the world — would shut to non-essential traffic "by mutual consent," Trump said.

The pandemic has shut down travel around the world. Trump made his announcement about Canada on Twitter.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau then said in Ottawa that some traffic would continue to pass through but the goal is to limit the non-urgent passage of people back and forth.

And here I am, still trying to figure out what Enzo Ferrari’s hometown has to do with vaccines. :think:

BTW, and only slightly related to your comment: Ferrari has stopped its production lines in Maranello, for two weeks.

Elon Cuck is being forced to shut down his factory by the county Sherriff.

Did you actually test positive for COVID19???

There's no way to test with the NHS unless you're really ill. I'm staying inside. Can't be bothered moving heaven and earth with private health clinics just to validate something I'm relatively confident about already. I've already taken the flu jab and this is way too weird to be normal flu.

There's no way to test with the NHS unless you're really ill. I'm staying inside. Can't be bothered moving heaven and earth with private health clinics just to validate something I'm relatively confident about already. I've already taken the flu jab and this is way too weird to be normal flu.

Did you have the bad cough too?