Covid 19 CRISIS

Sorry to double post, but it was a long day a the track.

Missouri update: 2367 cases (+76) / 34 deaths (+10)

Missouri Covd-19 Total Cases and Deaths(2).png

Last edited:
Denmark is considering slowly opening things up again after easter. I'm kinda ambivalent about that as I don't think the virus has peaked here yet and it could just end up with everything closing down again and I'm worried about my dad as he has diabetes, lung problems and cancer, but after 3 weeks home with a 9 year old, a 20 month old and a 7 week old I could REALLY use the schools and daycare to open againo_O

Screenshot_2020-04-06 Coronavirus en Honduras detectan 30 nuevos contagios y cifra se eleva a ...png

Denmark is considering slowly opening things up again after easter. I'm kinda ambivalent about that as I don't think the virus has peaked here yet and it could just end up with everything closing down again and I'm worried about my dad as he has diabetes, lung problems and cancer, but after 3 weeks home with a 9 year old, a 20 month old and a 7 week old I could REALLY use the schools and daycare to open againo_O
At some point, psychological imperatives, more than economical, demand relaxing the lockdowns. I think that opening stores (with rules on occupancy) and schools is the obvious first steps as it gives a relatively high "felt" degree of freedom, while still being able to track new infections.

A smart Governor expanded the stay-at-home order. Ohio now includes new provisions for businesses and residents.

The order, which takes effect Monday, directs businesses that are still open to determine and enforce a maximum number of customers and to ensure those outside are keeping a safe distance from one another.

Many travelers arriving in Ohio from other areas are being told they must quarantine for two weeks.

Wedding receptions are limited to 10 people.

There are similar thoughts in the Czech Republic as well now, some shops might even open still before Easter. Apparently the overall line of thinking is that the current rate of the epidemic is still well within the capabilities of the healthcare system, and with the herd immunity still being the only available exit strategy, we can afford to be inching towards the herd immunity somewhat faster.

At some point, psychological imperatives, more than economical, demand relaxing the lockdowns. I think that opening stores (with rules on occupancy) and schools is the obvious first steps as it gives a relatively high "felt" degree of freedom, while still being able to track new infections.

The only stores that were ordered closed here are malls, some other stores have closed anyway because of no sales, and there are rules on occupancy as well as rules about access to disinfectant or handwash.
But the last days the number of admittet to hospital, number in intensive care and the number requiring ventilators have gone down, so the hospitals are coping just fine at the moment.

Is Sweden considered a threat?

https://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundhe...g-symptome-infektionsschutz-massnahmen-studie

Interesting (german-language) read about the first cluster of mass infections in the German town of Heinsberg:
  • After swiping doorknobs, TV remotes, and other high tough surfaces in 70 households of freshly-tested covid-19 patients, scientists never found enough virus to get it to replicate, so infections from surfaces seem highly unlikely
  • So far, not a single infection has been proven at hairdressers, in supermarkets, restaurants, or on public transport. While not entirely impossible, these seem to be fringe cases and not how we win or lose the fight against covid-19
  • Close contact in closed environments, be it in work or non-work situations, is how covid-19 is spread, as proven both by the first Munich cases which got infected during work meetings or the Berlin club "Trompete", where 50 (!) people got infected during a single night of partying.
  • There's signs of an undetected cluster of covid-19 infections during early January, where a whole school - parents, teachers, and kids, fell ill. Antibody tests are currently being carried out to confim.
  • Within the next two weeks, they will have analyzed a representative sample of the population to finally give us clarity on undetected spread, immunity, and more.
Lots of interesting data here to potentially lead us out of the mess.

Last edited:
November warning?

I think after this week, when we begin seeing the death toll mount, alot of this question of should or shouldn't we be quarantining will disappear much like it was promised the virus would poof like a miracle.
screenshot_2020-03-30_at_11.41.14_am.png

Italy is trending down. it's too early to rejoice, but the trend is down. That's very good news.

Also, the mess in Lombardy is still generating example of what should have not been done, but was, at the beginning and during the emergency; politics is among the main reasons for these errors.
The most recent is: the most important Senior Residence group in Italy is accused of having hidden several cases of coronavirus, in the last 1,5 months, and acted as if everything was going well, even forbidding the use of face masks for the nurses and doctors. According to the accusations, dozens of elderly guests would have died of coronavirus and never reported as such by the managers.