Covid 19 CRISIS

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Seattle’s Leaders Let Scientists Take the Lead. New York’s Did Not

The initial coronavirus outbreaks on the East and West Coasts emerged at roughly the same time. But the danger was communicated very differently
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...et-scientists-take-the-lead-new-yorks-did-not

While the Governor Urges People to Stay Home, Sheriff Ivey Creates Events to Go Out
March 23, 2020
https://thespacecoastrocket.com/whi...y-home-sheriff-ivey-creates-events-to-go-out/

Last edited:

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
In about a week or two, we'll probably see Germany's numbers skyrocket because our esteemed government has opened up restrictions too early. I'd love to be wrong about this.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
In about a week or two, we'll probably see Germany's numbers skyrocket because our esteemed government has opened up restrictions too early. I'd love to be wrong about this.
Same here. States are starting to loosen up restrictions, Missouri is set to "open" next Monday. We'll see how this goes.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Quebec just announced that if the situation continues on the current trend, elementary schools and day-care will re-open on May 11 (May 19th for Montreal, Laval and the surroundings) on a voluntary basis, with a limit of 15 child per class. High schools will reopen in September.

Latest Quebec numbers:

Quebec-20200427.png

Quebec-log-20200427.png

Last edited:

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Reading those restrictions sounds about where Illinois has been for the past 2 months, hopefully with the lower infection rate, this means that you should be ok.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
It's as much about people's behaviour as it is about the formal regulations... most of those are still in place: Distance, no gastronomy, no events, mostly no schools, no universities, mostly no childcare, etc. - in other words, be more afraid of people being stupid.
All this talk about improvised masks leading to a false sense of safety leading to irresponsible behaviour leading to more infections, for example.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
According to a graduate of the University of the Internet whose little speech I unfortunately could not escape earlier today, COVID-19:

• Is basically airborne AIDS.
• Will bring about the end of mankind if... blah. He proceeded to mention earlier pandemics to prove his point. WTF?
• Isn’t slowed by masks because those who wear them “feel invincible” and will “breathe down your neck” at the supermarket.
• Can be, even though it’s airborne AIDS and catching virus-laden spittle with masks doesn’t help, effectively mitigated by social distancing (which of course he wasn’t practicing).

Fortunately, I managed to zone him out before I wanted to hurt him.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
That's potentially worse than the guy that cornered me at the dragstrip yesterday to tell me, "It's all to make Trump look bad." I could barely hold back telling him he didn't any help with that.

Wait... is that a political post? Should I feel bad? What's the square root of a banana? Why is the moon made of cheese? Who is the baddest MOFO around? Will we ever know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa? Is there a reason I don't like airline pretzels? Why does my cat puke, then eat again? Have we gone to far? Or not far enough?

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
Wait... is that a political post? Should I feel bad? What's the square root of a banana? Why is the moon made of cheese? Who is the baddest MOFO around? Will we ever know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa? Is there a reason I don't like airline pretzels? Why does my cat puke, then eat again? Have we gone to far? Or not far enough?
No. Yes, Always. The one next to the round one. We couldn't make a cake mold that large. Chuck Norris. Yes. They make you thirsty. Roman ancestors. Yes. Yes.

Now take it to the "Let's have a laugh" thread.

:p

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
42!

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Not to take away anything from NZ but being a tiny remote island nation surely helps a lot
It's also a major detriment because they rely on other nations for the production of medicines and medical equipment - even if another nation is willing to give up their stock right now, it takes much longer to reach them.