Covid 19 CRISIS

You can find out a bit more tomorrow at 21:45. ;) The featured company is the one I work for.
That was a rather short feature, but interesting. I'd like to hear more about how things go normally. Preferrably told over a drink. Sometime.

In other good news, the company I work for is - for now - officially completely free of Covid-19 cases (several thousand employees). All infectees have recovered, no suspected cases open. Let's see how long that holds.

Last edited:
^
The efficacy of Chloroquine derivatives in COVID-19: a meta-analysis based on the first available reports

A meta-analysis is a look at many studies that approach the same problem and combining their results in weighted outcome based on their p-value (measures how likely the results are due to chance), sample size, and methodology. A meta-analysis is a common approach in various fields and it requires a metric shit ton of statistics to make work since all those different studies don't necessarily play well together if you just lump them all together. This particular meta-analysis is examining different studies that tried to determine what clinical outcomes are likely when Chloroquine is used a therapy on COVID-19 patients. If the results of all the studies, appropriately weighted in the analysis, show that it's an effective therapy it would be the largest single indicator that it should be used with all COVID-19 patients. That would mean that the analysis of the data shows with a high confidence that the results of the Chloroquine are not due to chance (p-value of 0.05-0.01 typically, the smaller the number, the better). On the other hand, the Chloroquine could be correlated with worse clinical outcomes.

Guidelines call for 14-day drop in cases to reopen. No state has met them.

Multiple armed men storm Michigan statehouse; unfazed Gov. Whitmer extends emergency through May 28

TRYR6SP2JVCARJOLG37IPJ3JF4-01.jpeg

I don't even know what to say but look who are the leaders of this opening.

thumb_this-business-will-get-out-of-control-it-will-get-49261290.png

Cadet Neckbeard is their leader! ?

Fascinating how one can declare themself supreme leader and these gun nuts do dick all. Being told to stay at home if possible to protect your fellow man, BRING ON THE ARTILLARY!

Keep reducing education funding...

They seem to be just standing around in that pic, not storming anything...

How do they not at the minimum get a 14 days stay at home quarantine?

Fascinating how one can declare themself supreme leader and these gun nuts do dick all. Being told to stay at home if possible to protect your fellow man, BRING ON THE ARTILLARY!

When it's *their* supreme leader it's okay. When the Kenyan does anything it's tyranny.

How do they not at the minimum get a 14 days stay at home quarantine?
I'm not aware of anyone being quarantined against their will around here, it might not seem like it to some but the state governments have actually been pretty careful about implementing the "lockdown" measures for the most part.
Funding has nothing to do with it, our education system does not teach critical thinking at all, it was already crap when I came here in 97 and went to high school and it has gotten worse since with no child left behind and common core bs that basically results in teaching how to pass the standardized test.
some tard on twitter said:
This is America in the age of Trump.
That was also America in the age of Washington, agree or disagree with the people in the video but armed resistance to government is kind of in the DNA...

Funding has nothing to do with it, our education system does not teach critical thinking at all, it was already crap when I came here in 97 and went to high school and it has gotten worse since with no child left behind and common core bs that basically results in teaching how to pass the standardized test.

Yes it does, especially if you need to spend money to improve the tools. We haven't changed much since WW2 besides increasing focus on how to take a test.

"COVID toes" are a thing

screen-shot-2020-04-30-at-1-31-23-pm.png

There is still much to learn about the novel coronavirus, including a wide range of symptoms that appears to be expanding.
"COVID toe" cases look similar to pernio or chilblains, a condition of inflamed blood vessels caused by cold temperatures.
"However, in this setting, we're seeing it in warm climates"

Yes it does, especially if you need to spend money to improve the tools. We haven't changed much since WW2 besides increasing focus on how to take a test.
The tools I seen in a shitty BK high school 20 years ago were way better than any of the tools I came across in USSR (like transparency projectors, mobile tvs + vcr) and yet the education I got there carried me through HS and a good chunk of college. The curriculum is simply not designed to foster critical thinking, it makes no difference how many iPads and digital blackboards you put in classes when you are being taught memorization and test taking. As one my project management professors used to say to us "before undertaking any automation project take a look at the business process behind it, automating a bad process isn't going to increase efficiency".
"COVID toes" are a thing

There is still much to learn about the novel coronavirus, including a wide range of symptoms that appears to be expanding.
"COVID toe" cases look similar to pernio or chilblains, a condition of inflamed blood vessels caused by cold temperatures.
"However, in this setting, we're seeing it in warm climates"
Uggh, all this over coverage of edge cases is going to do is cause more people to flock to hospitals, they mention a whole of 17 fucking people with some severe skin conditions...

Uggh, all this over coverage of edge cases is going to do is cause more people to flock to hospitals, they mention a whole of 17 fucking people with some severe skin conditions...

Nope. Infact nowhere does the article mentions seventeen anything. It mentions "one of the first case series of dermatologic manifestations included 18 Italian patients with several skin abnormalities including redness, hives and rashes, often on their torsos".

The article explained "similar cases have been observed by French and Belgian dermatologists, but had not been previously reported due to lack of testing".

The dermatological evidence stacks up "I have seen more toes in the past two weeks in my clinic than I have in my entire previous career combined," listing more cases and links to their study.

Reading comprehension is probably something that was cut when you were a kid too. So I'm sure your concern about informing the public is well founded, after all they probably can't read either: "if the only symptom you have is purple toes, you don't need to go rushing into the ER"

Nope. Infact nowhere does the article mentions seventeen anything. It mentions "one of the first case series of dermatologic manifestations included 18 Italian patients with several skin abnormalities including redness, hives and rashes, often on their torsos".

The article explained "similar cases have been observed by French and Belgian dermatologists, but had not been previously reported due to lack of testing".

The dermatological evidence stacks up "I have seen more toes in the past two weeks in my clinic than I have in my entire previous career combined," listing more cases and links to their study.

Reading comprehension is probably something that was cut when you were a kid too. So I'm sure your concern about informing the public is well founded, after all they probably can't read either: "if the only symptom you have is purple toes, you don't need to go rushing into the ER"
You wanna talk about reading comprehension? They literally said nothing of percentages, which tells me it’s not a common symptom.

Maybe you missed some basic logic classes? Then again you were educated in the US I’m surprised you figured out how to turn on whatever device you are using to post this.

Yeah people will fucking go to ER with a pimple if you said one person had one with C19... Ask any healthcare provider how many people read WebMD and self diagnose with anything from ebola to some exotic cancer that happens affects 3 people in a decade because they saw some uncommon symptom that happens all the time. Like hiccups being a symptom of ebola...

I will agree with @prizrak here, the title is a bit off base. This is the Michigan Militia types showing how big of a pain in the ass they can be, again.

It is also somewhat funny that guns are allowed in the Capitol building, but signs are not.

Can we have a list of Covid19 effects we can ignore.

And yes they are Michigan Militia but also the very people who will spread this untill Jesus calls them home

I just saw a totally recent TV show (fiction) and was confused that none of the characters wore masks at large gatherings. I am brainwashed...