Covid 19 CRISIS

as you can see, the answer is "no". everything must be political. this is not surprising nowadays when anything up to your choice of condiments can be taken as a "statement"
To be fair this is going to be at least partially political as response from government is a pretty big thing here.

Though I would say this isn’t something anyone has a playbook for really.

You did, yours is the first mention of trump in this page.
I’m not sure whom else “The leadership from the White House” might refer to. ;)

If you have a problem with LeV take it to DMs or ignore him or whatever
I have a problem with bullshit, those who produce it and those who defend it and its producers. It doesn’t depend on the consistency of the BS, as it were.

But yes, back to the topic.

To be fair this is going to be at least partially political as response from government is a pretty big thing here.
Precisely. This is so big that it requires drastic action from the highest levels of authorities that we have and those happen to be, for the most part, national governments, i.e. politicians. It’s inherently impossible to keep politics out of it.

It’s also the reason why we have so many different and changing approaches, each government is trying to deal with it (at least) a little bit differently.

Though I would say this isn’t something anyone has a playbook for really.

Exactly, there is no way to keep political criticism out of this.

There is a playbook for this, and the administration tossed out the people who were responsible for being knowledgeable in it, and proactive with it. I do know it is not an exact roadmap, but a series of things to do.

@Gassc, I did bring the WH directly into this conversation in response to @prizrak bringing up the "feds". The White House is the main leadership of the "feds". When Trump is more interested in covering his ass and stroking his ego, instead of letting the experts take appropriate action, then there is no choice but to point at him and saying he is naked.

My biggest worry right now is that I will not be able to pick up the two packages en route for me with delivery at my company address.

we have a government!
elections were last may (!!), but they still hadn't managed to make a deal

corona does have some positives :D

and can onyone explain me the toiletpaper craze?
of all things in the world...i can live without! i'll find something else
and muslims have been using lota's since forever...you can do without!

Last edited:
and can onyone explain me the toiletpaper craze?
of all things in the world...i can live without! i'll find something else
and muslims have been using lota's since forever...you can do without!
No one seems to know why the toilet paper stock has been wiped out and it's become the butt of all sorts of jokes, which is nice because we need some humor in this crappy situation.

Unfortunately, this idea does not take into account the numbers.

Covid-19 has a lethality of 3,5% (worldwide). The Common flu has 0,01%. This data is if the healthcare system is not overwhelmed.

Coivd-19 has 80% of mild cases and 20% of severe cases. Half of the severe cases, so 10% total, require IC, so some form of breathing help, from oxygen up to intubation and machine respiration. They do not need it for one day, or for three, they need it for 2-3 WEEKS. If they do not get respiratory aid, they die. If we had no ICUs, the death rate would be 10%.
[...]

The flu, each year, infects 9-10% of the population, so around 6 million people in the UK. If Covid-19 infected as many people as the flu, the Uk healthcare system would be clogged up several times over. This would increase the lethality to 8% and the number of death to 500.000 people.
While I agree with your argument, the numbers are off.
  1. We can not compare flu and Covid-19 mortality due to different methodologies. Due to the way flu develops (most people die from bacterial pneumonia they caught while having the flu, not the flu itself, so tests turn up false negatives), a method called "excess mortality" is used - see here in German.
  2. The going assumption is that there's still some untested Covid-19 cases, especially among kids, so real mortality is expected to be closer to 1.5 to 2% - but this still is a lot worse than the flu
  3. Esimate for flu infections in Germany are up to 20% of the populace per year, see same source as above.
  4. German hospitals so far work with an average of seven days per patient needed.
That being said, I agree with your argument as a whole. We have a real chance to maybe even fully contain the spread in Europe, or at least flatten the curve until one of the many trials comes up with a cure.

...If you had bidets, you wouldn't have toilet paper craze...

Heard a journalist in Italy saying take off your shoes before going into the house as you can bring in the virus on your shoes. Important for people with kids playing on the floor.

As well as ventilators, ECMO machines seem to be an important tool in fighting this.

No one seems to know why the toilet paper stock has been wiped out and it's become the butt of all sorts of jokes, which is nice because we need some humor in this crappy situation.
The only thing I can think of is that people are worried about supply lines going down and not being able to buy stuff. TP being non perishable is a simple one to stock up on

Heard a journalist in Italy saying take off your shoes before going into the house as you can bring in the virus on your shoes.
That sounds highly unlikely to me, even if it can in theory be transmitted through surfaces, but I guess you never know.

I'm going shopping tomorrow, I fully expect to end up in several brawls without instigating any of them.....that's a strange feeling.

I'm going shopping tomorrow, I fully expect to end up in several brawls without instigating any of them.....that's a strange feeling.

Normally you start them? :D

you've been to the store in the last week?
i've been twice...and was almost alone in both instances...
and lots of TP still available :D