Covid 19 CRISIS

I actually had whole nations in mind.
I doubt that will happen with the G8, they might do some kind of debt swap or something, but I don't think they will be forgiving each other's debts. There might be some forgiveness (but probably not until default) for smaller economies.

Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota

Of course that will all be big corporate money, none of us individuals will get help on our debts - at least not in the US. This is already turning into another corporate handout.

That's what the GOP wanted.

They Democrats only got the bill when lobbyists gave them a copy, then worked to put in oversight and spread out the the money.

Looks like it going to take quite a few rescue bills to get on top of this

Florida Republican Sen. Rick Scott and a group of conservatives erected a roadblock on the swift passage of a massive, $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill on Wednesday afternoon, arguing that the bill’s increased unemployment benefits will discourage people from working or trying to find a job.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241471711.html

BoJo infected and minster for health too

I actually had whole nations in mind.
I wonder how Australia's idea of "economic hibernation" will play out. I think it's telling that every developed nation except for the US tries to get creative in order to save jobs and keep businesses ready for after covid-90, while all we get from the US are lost jobs.

We may or may not wake up in a post-Covid world where the EU and China have to work together more closely because the US cut all ties with sane nations.

What? The bill puts limits on how companies are allowed to get and spend the money, specifically to stop "the rich" or "the corporations" from misusing it.
Only after the Democratic-controlled house got their hands on it. The GOP-controlled Senate version was essentially a giant slush fund with no oversight.

I thought you didn't want to talk about politics in here?

I thought you didn't want to talk about politics in here?

Matt Gaetz R-Fla., decided to self-quarantine this week after coming in contact with an individual who tested positive for a novel coronavirus, which causes the disease Covid-19, at the Conservative Political Action Conference late last month.

But Gaetz’s decision to take time away from his job at Congress without the fear of losing pay or being fired is a right few Americans share. In fact, Gaetz voted to prohibit Florida residents from sharing that right.

matt-gaetz-gas-mask-ht-jc-200304_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Matt Gaetz seen here being a dick and looking for more ways to hurt America while draping himself in false patriotism

Lock Down Day 3

I've almost run out of things to jet wash. The cat is too quick on her feet and the dog would just end up getting launched over the back fence since he weighs about 3.5lb soaking wet.

The MX5 however is gleaming in the late afternoon sun and as HWF3.0 isn't working tomorrow I can give the Octavia a much needed Spring clean.

Sadly I won't be able to complete all the jobs on my list. Local builders' merchants have stopped deliveries so I can't build the decking for the back porch/patio area and while I can do weeding and prep the flower beds and pots there are no garden centres currently open to buy plants. And my friendly wood recycling project is also shut so that puts paid to any upcycling ideas bar the ones I already have materials in stock for.

If that sounds like I'm whingeing, I'm not, trust me. It's just to show how restricted we actually become when we are places on what is, of sorts, a war footing.

Stay safe, peeps.
34690f4075d2853ab3d99624e74cc85a.jpg

Michigan is looking bleak.

One more thing to add in here.

^ Wait a minute you are telling me Michigan has growing numbers? I don't believe it! I mean Trump has not accepted their declaration of emergency. Your telling me a sitting President would hold off on doing that for petty reasons like not liking the Governor.

Last edited:
All acceptable answers in the Trumpverse in reality it's white supremacists

Mexicans! Snow Mexicans! And the gays! MAGAKAG!

What in the actual fuck?

All acceptable answers in the Trumpverse in reality it's white supremacists

Politics on the Trump thread please.

Anyway, we just had our first casualty here. Exactly two weeks after the first case has been reported. People are failing to keep the curfew in such numbers that the authorities are literally unable to drag them all back home.

^ I'd suggest preparing yourself for the possibility that essential services are discontinued

What in the actual fuck?
Exactly my thoughts while I’m watching this unfold in certain countries.

Bolsonaro still calling this “a little flu”, Trump blaming China and the Democrats, Xi blaming the US, Putin pretending it’s just not happening in Russia... sometimes, you need a little sarcasm.