Covid 19 CRISIS

That looks quite a bit warmer than I thought. I was thinking of walking or running not being a problem, not sunbathing next to dozens of people or swimming (and possibly getting dragged out by a current).

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...S&utm_campaign=nprblogscoronavirusliveupdates

U.K. Cellphone Towers Ablaze As Conspiracy Theories Link 5G Networks To COVID-19

Conspiracy theories tying 5G networks to the coronavirus pandemic are troubling telecom authorities in the United Kingdom and are being cited as possible motivation for multiple cellphone tower fires this week.

Fires on at least three towers have been reported over the past few days. In at least two instances, accompanying videos and online posts are raising concerns that the attacks may be linked to conspiracy theories that cast 5G networks as the actual cause of COVID-19.

WTAF?

Radio wave conspiracy theories have been around since probably Marconi times. Worst example of this is my mother, who actually has a PhD in biology AND has done EM field experiments on mice. Despite all that she doesn't understand the simple idea of power levels, in her experiments power levels were way beyond what any of us would be normally exposed to.

Had a really awkward and less than pleasant conversation today with my Mum, whom a few FG members have met.

She is in pretty fine fettle for a 78 year old, and spent her career in nursing so has more than half a clue about how to take care of things and minimise the risk to herself but wanted me to know that if the worst happens, she gets Covid 19 and is hospitalised then CPAP is OK but she doesn't want to go on a ventilator.

I know I'm going to have to face losing her at some point but it's not something I was planning to have to face in the short term.

Bloody reality. I hate the fucking stuff.

Had a really awkward and less than pleasant conversation today with my Mum, whom a few FG members have met.

She is in pretty fine fettle for a 78 year old, and spent her career in nursing so has more than half a clue about how to take care of things and minimise the risk to herself but wanted me to know that if the worst happens, she gets Covid 19 and is hospitalised then CPAP is OK but she doesn't want to go on a ventilator.

I know I'm going to have to face losing her at some point but it's not something I was planning to have to face in the short term.

Bloody reality. I hate the fucking stuff.

I had a similar conversation with my dad when he had lung cancer. It fucking sucks.

Biggest increase in Quebec so far, closing in on the 1000 new case in a single day milestone. Total deaths now 94.

Quebec-20200405.png

The Queen will give an address shortly on the topic of the coronavirus.

(I believe myself to be an anti-royalist but her speech is an important indicator of history)

Unless she signs off with "and yes, Boris Johnson and his Government are a munch of monumental bell-ends" I'm not watching.

Dr. John Campbell is giving daily updates of the world and explaining things as things unfold. I have been following him for the last week and its a good way to stay up to date on whats going on.

I’m basically staying at home and getting delivery when the quarantine food gets too boring.

I went out today for the first time in about a week to go to my empty skate spot but realized that my car was dirty so I ran it through the auto wash.

there’s stillmore people out than I thought. But a lot of places got waivers to be considered essential here

I know nothing about this guy, but the linked article looks like partisan garbage.

The governor seems to be wearing the same level of protection as the medical staff.

And yes, all leaders go to disaster areas to see what is going on. It's a sign of leadership.

Now is not the time for divisive politics. Look outside of your political tribe. Political tribalism is a luxury for times of peace and calm.

I know nothing about this guy, but the linked article looks like partisan garbage.

The governor seems to be wearing the same level of protection as the medical staff.

And yes, all leaders go to disaster areas to see what is going on. It's a sign of leadership.

Now is not the time for divisive politics. Look outside of your political tribe. Political tribalism is a luxury for times of peace and calm.

Link a bit ropey but the fact remain the same.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...yet-time-for-statewide-shelter-in-place-order

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article241353836.html

Boris did they same kind of photo ops and denials,

Now he's ended up in hospital.

Last edited:
If you are willing to objectively look at the situation without party affiliation Trump and the Republican party have failed our country tremendously in this crisis