Covid 19 CRISIS

The problem is how many will die if our economy collapses.

Farmers are dumping milk because there is no market for it.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/dairy-farmers-dumping-milk-amid-covid-19-pandemics/story?id=70268302

With oil prices going negative, some of the oil companies will go out of business.

People are losing their jobs and can't pay rent, which means maintenance workers can't be paid, which means they loose their jobs as well, and so on, and so on.

None of this is isolated. The whole system can collapses like dominos.

A famine will kill more than 2 million. We might not have the luxury of staying at home until the virus is gone.
Economies are artificial constructs, they can be changed and adapted by rules, regulations, incentives, or requirements. A virus isn't any of those things and will kill you regardless of what type of economy you live in. Asking people to reopen the economy is just asking them to risk getting sick, potentially bankrupting themselves (US), gambling with the lives of their loved ones, and potentially their own life to preserve a constructed system that already has them at a severe disadvantage.

There is enough money in the system to keep people alive, but it is in the hands of the wealthy who will use it to protect themselves while demanding the rest return to work so the rich can continue to live confortably and without risk.

So the lunatic fringe wants what it wants, nothing new to see here.

I also believe the damage to the economy is a red herring for them as every "freedom group" list off a bunch of crazy bs before if ever they even mention people are going to go on welfare.

For example Colorado November 2019

Today, the Resist Polis PAC, which claimed to have collected hundreds of thousands of signatures but didn’t turn in any, re-launched as Colorado Freedom Force, with renamed Facebook groups and a new website complete with a new donation page.

This has nothing to do with Covid they are just Republicans who don't care if the virus spreads so long as they get donations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-093341-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200423-093341-01.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Daily Missouri Update.

Our stay at home order is set to expire on Sunday, May 3rd at 11:59 pm. In a press conference yesterday Governor Parson said that he did not plan to extend it and that almost all businesses would be open on Monday, May 4th. Personally, with the new cases in Missouri not showing a real trend in lowering, I think this is a mistake. But as a business owner, I understand the need to get revenue streams opened back up. There has to be a better way forward.

Missouri Covd-19 Total Cases and Deaths(8).png

Missouri Covid-19 Cases - Logarithmic Chart(3).png

European excess mortality figures are now sufficiently collected to show what country got hit - and that covid is not just old people that happened to test positive but died anyway. Lots of charts, and a drastic map: https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

1587674668776.png

That's more/darker blue than during the peak of the big 2016/17 flu season :eek:

The government of my state (NRW) has decided to allow furniture stores to reopen, you could call it the “IKEA exception”.

How badly does the state PM need new curtains? :think:

How badly does the state PM need new curtains? :think:
You mean how badly does he need the furniture store industry's donations.

Pardon my sarcasm, but in this time of crisis our PM has proven to be a "good weather captain". Armin, lasch et...
In contrast the the chancellor, by the way. Merkel's usual style of unnoticeable governing is misleading, she's actually pretty good managing crises in my opinion.

Scary !!!!!!!!!!!!
A mysterious blood-clotting complication is killing coronavirus patients

Once thought a relatively straightforward respiratory virus, covid-19 is proving to be much more frightening

One doctor replied that one of his patients had a strange blood problem. Despite being put on anticoagulants, the patient was still developing clots.

“My guess is it’s one of the top three causes of demise and deterioration in covid-19 patients,”

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...complication-is-killing-coronavirus-patients/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/22/coronavirus-blood-clots/

Innovation vs. the coronavirus

The first modern pandemic

The scientific advances we need to stop COVID-19.

By Bill Gates
|
April 23, 2020 24 minute read
https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/Pandemic-Innovation

Last edited:
I don't think ours ever closed :dunno:
Full automatic and DIY ones are all open but the ones where people work (even just toweling off after going through the scratchinator 3000) are all closed as non essential. The hand wash that I generally use is for sure closed.

^ And after that, can we all agree the man is seriously wrong in his head?

New cases in the Czech Republic now down to 55 a day, i.e. 0,7% of the people tested yesterday. I'm also no longer officially a prisoner in my country and can travel abroad, in case anyone lets me into their country, subject to quarantine on return. It was announced Günter Schabowski style, during the Q&A at the end of a traditionally chaotic press conference. Oh and I can now also form a group of up to 10 people.

Overall, makes me somewhat more optimistic that free travel could resume in the foreseeable future at least within Central Europe, if all goes reasonably well during the internal reopening of the countries.