Covid 19 CRISIS

In public: Could you remove your mask? We desperately want to project that nobody wears mask because we are a death cult. Thanks

In private: White House Directs Officials to Wear Masks at All Times Inside the West Wing

Last edited:
New York’s patron saint of PPE went $600,000 in debt to outfit workers — and hospitals keep turning her down

Shearer’s goal with the PPE, as it was for months after the 2001 terrorist attack that leveled Lower Manhattan’s twin towers, is to bypass an equipment distribution system that she believes is failing workers on the front lines, nonprofit workers and the homeless. She sees a “cognitive dissonance” between what hospital leaders say about their supply levels and workers’ fears about their scarcity. “I’m running literally 18-hour, 20-hour days,” she said, either hunting down good prices for the PPE or standing outside hospitals asking employees what they need.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e4bc16-8bb6-11ea-8ac1-bfb250876b7a_story.html

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cut-red-tape-4-heroes

Looks like I'm being activated for a crisis response. I'm on-call until 2 am today and for a few hours tomorrow because of a COVID-related suicide. I guess it was a matter of time before something like this happened.
This is going to be tough, usually we go on-site for something like this, have a group session to process and then I stick around to meet with individuals. Now they just have to call me and we talk over the phone since I don't have a company laptop for this particular clinic and the client company isn't set up for telehealth.

That's rough. But as you said, this was bound to happen, and I'm curious about the numbers on a large scale.

Human garage are out in force. This is why this reopening is a slow motion train wreck. You are going to see someone catch a bullet for asking a person to stay 6ft away or wear a mask.

It's already happened.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/202...-store-face-mask-confrontation/7341588623650/

May 4 (UPI) -- Three people have been charged with murder in the shooting death of a Flint, Mich., security guard, who was killed after a confrontation with a customer over wearing a state-mandated face mask in a dollar store, prosecutors said.

A woman has been arrested and two male relatives are suspects at-large in the homicide of Calvin Munerlyn, 43, who was shot in the head and died later Friday in a hospital, said Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton, who called the shooting "senseless and tragic."

"The hostile tone we have seen in recent days on television and on social media can permeate our society," Leyton said at a press conference Monday. "We simply cannot devolve into an 'us-versus-them' mentality. We need to make a commitment as a community to do the things that allow us to stay healthy."

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has ordered all Michigan residents to wear face masks in enclosed public spaces. Heavily armed protesters objecting to the state's stay-at-home orders stormed the state Capitol Thursday in Lansing.

Prosecutors said Munerlyn and Sharmel Teague, 45, got into a confrontation Friday about 1:40 p.m., at the Family Dollar store, after the guard confronted her daughter in the store about not wearing a mask.

Teague was wearing a mask, surveillance video showed, but she argued with Munerlyn and spit on him, prosecutors said.

Teague then left in an SUV, but two men, later identified as her husband, Larry Edward Teague, 44, and son, Ramonyea Bishop, 23, returned to the store. Larry Teague argued with the guard, saying his wife had been disrespected, police said.

Witnesses told police Bishop shot Munerlyn and the two men fled.

Sharmel Teague is awaiting arraignment in the Genesee County jail.

All three suspects face charges of first-degree premeditated murder, with a mandatory sentence of life without parole if convicted. Bishop also faces weapons charges and Sharmel Teague faces charges of violating state orders to wear face masks.

Munerlyn, nicknamed "Duper" by his family, was a husband and father of eight children, a GoFundMe account for funeral expenses said.

"Duper was a hard-working father and husband who lost his life while doing his job securing the place of business and asking all customers to wear a mask for our own safety as well as others," family friend Courtney Ce Ce Cabine wrote.

Michigan reported 43,754 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 4,049 deaths as of Sunday, according to the state Department of Health and Human Services.

And suddenly, all those first-time gun owners are instantly validated.

Stay safe out there...and away from dollar stores, check cashing places, and most Burger Kings.

How do you figure? If you have a gun outside your home and shoot some one who tells you to put on a mask you are a murderer. In most states you have a duty of retreat unless you are in your home. Obviously the minimum wage employee asking you to follow law or store policy is a danger to the gun owners insanity but the gun owner could just walk away.

Gun owners who feel a need to walk around with a gun are likey people who shoot store employees.

My point is this rush to reopen has no buy in from most Americans and the trash that has been running out to reopen has forced employees to work without adequate protections from the virus or from the nut cases who are the ones who screamed to reopen.

87k dead

A registered nurse who contracted Covid19 and was put on a ventilator under sedation for weeks
Before-after-Schultz.jpg

Before Covid/After Covid

Good to know you think so little of me. There are a whole lot of moderates and even people to the left who only own firearms because of the rise of the alt-right and the well documented infiltration of law enforcement by alt-right/neo nazi elements - meaning complaints to the police of racially motivated crimes die on a shelf somewhere.
How do you figure? If you have a gun outside your home and shoot some one who tells you to put on a mask you are a murderer. In most states you have a duty of retreat unless you are in your home. Obviously the minimum wage employee asking you to follow law or store policy is a danger to the gun owners insanity but the gun owner could just walk away.

Gun owners who feel a need to walk around with a gun are likey people who shoot store employees.

My point is this rush to reopen has no buy in from most Americans and the trash that has been running out to reopen has forced employees to work without adequate protections from the virus or from the nut cases who are the ones who screamed to reopen.

87k dead
I am? I carry when I go out for two reasons:
Because wearing a mask and gloves has become an advertisement of one's politics
Because Kiki is ethnically Chinese and there have been hate crimes targeting people of Chinese heritage because idiot right-wing fuckstains think they are spreading the virus.

Do you really think that I'm going to murder a store employee?

To follow up we should move this to the gun thread.

I'd be more concerned of diminished lung capacity at this juncture.

Good to know you think so little of me.

I said most, I was thinking of adding something in parenthesis but figured FG folk would figure it out. Take a chill pill.