Covid 19 CRISIS

I don't see this as a solution.
But in 50 years, it will be a sought after oddity from a strange time.

cone_title.gif

Two weeks.....

Reactions: MWF
Yesterday, I was dropping off at the UPS box. I wore my mask and plastic gloves. To the right of me I saw an older heavy set white man with an American flag duct taped to a stick. I'm a little old to be bullied but that's what was. He continued to slowly walk at me practically chasing me around to my car drunkenly telling me to remove my mask calling me a pussy. I went home created a UPS account for pick up in the future.

There seems like a division of running out and "reopening" vs being more judicious with risk.

One is full on in your face, I'm not a mouth breather but I'll do it to show you I can, fist pumping, flag waving, victory over the virus, let's not have any precautions

coronavirus-restaurant-coffee-colorado_wide-8de53fd94346527a361420c2381186a967dddec7.jpg

And the other is a bit harder to see, because their home, with their families, not rolling the dice.

20200524-175553-RMPBS-ParkMeadows3.jpg

Park Meadows Mall's Reopening Not So Grand

And caught in the middle are the employees like at our grocery store where 19 employees are infected and 2 dead countless customers infected too

King Soopers employee in Colorado dies from coronavirus

Now the restaurant that opened up had it's license pulled and is suing the state because health departments are unconstitutional.

The division seems so extreme that a minority of jerks are forcing all of us to stay at home for even the small amount of things we can do because they ruin it.

^The Government is thinking about a late reopening for the two worst-faring regions so far.

To the right of me I saw an older heavy set white man with an American flag duct taped to a stick. I'm a little old to be bullied but that's what was. He continued to slowly walk at me practically chasing me around to my car drunkenly telling me to remove my mask calling me a pussy.

Necessary response: "It's a free country."

Yesterday, I was dropping off at the UPS box. I wore my mask and plastic gloves. To the right of me I saw an older heavy set white man with an American flag duct taped to a stick. I'm a little old to be bullied but that's what was. He continued to slowly walk at me practically chasing me around to my car drunkenly telling me to remove my mask calling me a pussy. I went home created a UPS account for pick up in the future.

There seems like a division of running out and "reopening" vs being more judicious with risk.

One is full on in your face, I'm not a mouth breather but I'll do it to show you I can, fist pumping, flag waving, victory over the virus, let's not have any precautions

Then in a few weeks...

Teaparty.JPG

Pretty much...

Then in a few weeks...

View attachment 3557670

Pretty much...

That just it. I HOPE NOT!
This particular guy is known in the neigborhood. He probably has a traumatic brain injury on top of being an alcoholic. He walks about with a messenger bag with pictures of 9/11 on it, he says he is a chief of law enforcement after he was named the sheriff of nato, normally its just a walking stick or knobbly shallaly type cane. I dont think hes dangerous because I could cripple him with a punch but he does have a big stick and is clearly a bit off. I dont want to see him sick!

Not according to the reopen now bunch

Last edited:
Don’t drive if you’re blind. Free Dominic Cummings 'do whatever the hell you want' mask

Dom and Dumber

That was a rather short feature, but interesting. I'd like to hear more about how things go normally. Preferrably told over a drink. Sometime.
While we can’t know when and where it will be fine to meet for drinks and stories, you can watch another feature tonight:

https://www1.wdr.de/fernsehen/mensc...mmzellen-suchen-spenden-leben-retten-100.html

It’s been almost amusing over the past couple of weeks. I used to notice/meet another courier every now and then, but now it would be strange not to meet one. There were at least four of us on Frankfurt-Heathrow yesterday morning and then again another four on Heathrow-Frankfurt in the evening, including one whom I had met earlier at Rome Fiumicino. :D Even the man at the security checkpoint in Frankfurt asked why there were suddenly so many of us - well, we just don’t mix into the crowds anymore.

Last edited:
Save a building and cops shoot tear gas at you!

Here's the New York Times article about Sweden. It hit the elderly hard due to inadequate precautions at nursing homes, but the death toll among everyone else was comparable without tanking the economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/world/europe/sweden-coronavirus-herd-immunity.html

Not that it matters as COVID is being ignored now, and the same politicians demanding we stay inside are now supporting large gatherings of protests.