Covid 19 CRISIS

To our group in the State of Texas, stay smart and stay safe.

A little update from Germany:
  • This week, our very own Corona tracing app for Android and iOS was rolled out. About ten million downloads so far, last I read. It's designed very much with privacy in mind - it registers pseudonymus IDs from nearby other phones with the app installed and when someone registers himself as infected, his ID (well, his several IDs which are only valid for a short period of time) is uploaded to a central server and the list of infected IDs gets pushed to everyone, so your app can warn you if you had contact with an infectee. No identities of infectees are disclosed, no location data collected. :)
    Let's see hoch much of an impact it makes.
    By the way, it's open source. Countries all over the world are welcome to use it, too. And also, apparently it has cost €40 million to develop (congratulations to SAP and Deutsche Telekom for that sale) and apparently it costs €3 million per month to run, but that's mostly the call center for people to register infections because only a fraction of the laboratories are set up to use the fully digital process. :D
  • Infections are on the rise again since many things have reopened. A few hot-spots made national news, particular one of the biggest meat factories in the country, where apparently much of the low-wage production staff from Eastern Europe, who tend to live in dorms, has been infected. The people in the affected region are quite pissed off at the company, because schools and kindergardens are closed there again because of the locally widespread infection.
    And the case has highlighted the highly questionable working conditions in Germany's food industry. But hey, we like our meat cheap, so I doubt this will have lasting consequences.
  • In my town, the numbers are rising too, but most of it can be traced to a few outbreaks - a hospital ward, a retirement home (both related to each other), and one or two families where basically the whole family has been infected. Nevertheless, after two or three weeks with like no or at most two new cases per day, we are back a low double-digit numbers per day for a week now. This has me a bit concerned.

My state reported a record number of cases on Thursday, over 500 new infections. This is happening just weeks after we officially moved to "green", the lowest response level.

Edit: corrected the day

Last edited:
Not just them unfortunately. NY is also seeing an increase. as is Utah, Oregon, and Vermont. Washington state and Minessota are also experiencing unpleasant increases.

I hope the protests aren't to blame, but they were indeed many crowded people in a space. Hawaii wasn't active in them and their curve seems to also be going "second wave".

Last edited:
Looks like the 500+ new cases were Thursday numbers, Friday saw an additional 600+ new cases.

Looks like the 500+ new cases were Thursday numbers, Friday saw an additional 600+ new cases.

*waits for Tulsa rally to end*

It'll be a shit show for sure.

*waits for Tulsa rally to end*

It'll be a shit show for sure.
If a couple thousand people who clearly place the Trump Cult above their own health and that of others get infected, should I feel bad for them anyway? :hmm:

If a couple thousand people who clearly place the Trump Cult above their own health and that of others get infected, should I feel bad for them anyway? :hmm:

No, I think you should get what’s coming, the rest around these morons are who'll succumb to COVID most likely.

No, but you should be concerned about the collateral damage they cause through their ignorance.

Meanwhile, ONE new covid case in Finland during the last 24 hours.

Im happy to hear this, but also angry how that won’t be the case for quite some time here.

Today is the first day with no reported COVID-19 deaths in my province.

We also had the lowest new cases per day (69) in 3 months. At the peak it was around 1000 new cases per day.

Quebec-20200622.png
Quebec-delta-20200622.png

Restaurants, swimming pools, gyms and a bunch of stuff is re-opening today. Let's hope we don't see that in the statistics 2 weeks from now.

Capture.PNG

What's interesting to me is seeing the peaks and valleys makes me think the way people are responding to this like you see something on the internet. You go "Oh, my god, we should be careful!" to "I'm bored, this sucks, I'm going out!"