Covid 19 CRISIS

And finally, the Chinese have a bunch of vaccine candidates in early testing which they say they want to share with the world - but which the Trump administration said they will never touch, so this would not benefit Americans.

Chinese are starting give it to the army. Effectively a large scale trial

There were 50,000 new cases reported in the US that day, if I remember right. That means Florida alone was 20% of all reported cases.

Deaths per day, number of people in intensive care and infected people are all falling here in Sweden. Of course, people are still acting like sacks of shit but there are glimmers of hope.

Careful now, I was told that I was racist when I shared pictures of a politician without a mask earlier in this thread :p

Nice social distancing in that pic too.

Dr. Fauci responds to Sen. Rand Paul challenges
Jun 30, 2020

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ite-house-readies-new-message-nation-n1232884

'We need to live with it': White House readies new message for the nation on coronavirus

At the crux of the message, officials said, is a recognition by the White House that the virus is not going away any time soon — and will be around through the November election.

As a result, President Donald Trump's top advisers plan to argue, the country must figure out how to press forward despite it. Therapeutic drugs will be showcased as a key component for doing that and the White House will increasingly emphasize the relatively low risk most Americans have of dying from the virus, officials said.

:wall::wall::wall:

Urgh. Even knowing her style from previous videos, I couldn't watch that to the end. The cliché American chickness is too much to handle. I guess her videos are aimed at an American audience, not at a German one... :D

TBH, I don't know why I'm subbed to her because I find her deeply annoying to listen to as well. DontTrustTheRabbit is much better. So why did I share it? I don't know know, seemed relevant to the virus shit and a sort of light heart explanation.

Pretty much every nation is dealing with Coronavirus better than the US.

Err not quite. Though the US skirts the line nicely between the first world and what you call "developing" countries (Development may or may not be occurring)

Okay, maybe I should have said that the ratio of "means" to "implementation" is the most fucked up of nearly any country in the world.

That would probably be Brazil, all things considered, but I get your point.

I wonder how many of the deaths are from unwilling/uncaring people. Though I sincerely lament that good, sensible, and innocent people are still dying through no fault of their own.

So, the US dumped another $200 mio $1.6 billion into vaccines, India basically wants to roll out vaccines instead of doing a Phase 3 study and Russia reportedly is doing challenge trials with "volunteers". It seems like living in the well-governed part of the first world pays off as we in the EU can sit back, pledge money and hopefully start vaccinating early in 2021.

Last edited: