Covid 19 CRISIS

For once I think it's worse than nothing. Trump is weaponizing COVID-19 to mess with our 2020 election, he's also messing with the USPS to interfere with absentee ballots being mailed and received in time.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/cor...oronavirus-cases-23-deaths-wednesday/2309448/

If there's a paywall or GDPR block...

Illinois health officials reported nearly 1,600 new cases of coronavirus on Wednesday and 23 additional deaths - numbers the state's governor called "very concerning."

According to officials, the 1,598 new cases Wednesday mark the highest daily rise for the month of July so far and bring the state’s total number of coronavirus cases to 165,301 since the pandemic began.

The additional deaths give the state a total of 7,347 fatalities related to the virus.

Illinois reported 39,633 tests within the most recent 24-hour span, an increase of roughly 10,000 tests from the previous day, which saw just under 30,000. Last week, the state set three daily testing records near the 40,000 mark.

According to the Illinois Department of Public Health, the rolling 7-day positivity rate increased very slightly, from 3.2 percent.

According to hospitalization data, the state remains near its low watermarks for hospitalizations and ventilator usage since such data became publicly available in April. As of Wednesday, 1,456 patients are currently hospitalized in Illinois due to coronavirus, with 337 of those patients in intensive care units.

A total of 132 patients are currently on ventilators due to coronavirus.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said state numbers are now gradually rising following significant progress made across the state.

"If there had been one national strategy employed by our federal government — like a national mask mandate — perhaps things would be different. But that hasn’t happened, and we can’t rely on that possibility," Pritzker said. "In the meantime, Illinois has set policies for itself, and we’ve seen real progress over these last four and a half months. But our numbers now appear to be gradually rising, and that’s very concerning. Today, we are reporting nearly 1,600 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, our highest in July. I will remind everyone that we look at these numbers via 7-day rolling averages and not one day totals, but a rise is still a rise and it is on all of us to bring these numbers down."

At least one region in the state, the Metro East region, is "dangerously close" to receiving "additional mitigations" due to a high positivity rate, with Pritzker saying he "sounded the alarm."

Outside of that, the state's remaining 10 regions remain below a 5% positivity rate.

"There are those who mistakenly think 'No problem! You can’t eradicate the virus — and our numbers are so low, we don’t need to do anything about it,'" Pritzker said. "To them I would say that in every one of the states like Arizona and Florida that are in full crisis mode now, it started with a gradual rise in the numbers. The best doctors in our state, who are some of the best in the nation, tell me that a gradually rising positivity rate is exactly when the exponential factors can take over. You can go from 3% positivity to Arizona’s 23% positivity in the blink of an eye. We’ve been there. Let’s not let that happen again."

Pritzker noted that while the state is in fact testing a record number of residents, "more testing does not cause rising positivity rates."

"If it sounds like I’m taking this extremely seriously, it’s because I am. And you should too," Pritzker said. "It’s imperative that we hold onto the success we’ve had against this virus."

TV-level "experts", circa March: "There is no seasonal effect with corona viruses, we can not bet on things getting better." TV-level "experts", now: "Seasonal effects with corona viruses are strong, a second wave is guaranteed."

Fuck "expert" scaremongering, seriously.

Also, "experts" saying there never has been a coronavirus vaccine (and thus, without any logical fallacies, there never can be one) can't google:
It is clear from the veterinary experience [...] that vaccines do work against coronaviruses. Both inactivated and live attenuated vaccines are effective in domestic species and will produce protective immunity. Table 1 This immunity may be mediated by IgA against superficial enteric or respiratory disease or by IgG against viremic disease. It is also clear that for many of these coronaviruses a T cell-mediated response is required for significant protection.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7284272/

The same source lists more than ten coronavirus vaccines routinely being used on pets and lifestock.

Of course, even though we humans are nothing but mammals none of this prior work translates directly to our current COVID-19 problem. And none of this automatically means one of the current candidates will make it through Phase 3.
This is more of a lesson in media competence: Any "expert" no matter how fancy his or her title or academic position telling you there never has been a coronavirus vaccine successfully developed is omitting crucial information. There has never been a coronavirus vaccine succesfully developed for humans. And this is not because all efforts failed, but because both vaccine programs (for SARS and MERS) were aborted when the viruses were eradicated (technically, you could argue that these efforts "failed" because Phase 3 studies never enrolled enough participants, but that has nothing to do with a vaccine being possible).

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the UV light up peoples asses and drinking cleaners as a viable option, maybe that will be the vaccine here.

Cool, my boss tested positive. good stuff. -_-

Clearly not safe to visit Atlanta or go to restaurants yet.

Over here going to a bar is safe. Three of my drinking buddies are getting tested twice a week cause they work with Lana (formerly Larry), and so I'm pretty sure we are clean eventhough we go to a bar once a week or more.

When was he there?

*checks*
Much longer ago than I remember. He was there at the end of June, should be of no relation. He does like to go to restaurants and they recently allowed indoor dining. My guess is it was there.

And the only thing unelected gov parson seems to give a shit about is protecting bunny & clud from being punished for pointing loaded guns at people and licking cheetolini's asshole clean.

Attachments

• covid 7.png
    covid 7.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 54
I haven't shared the Honduras one in a while.

Screenshot_2020-07-24 Mapas y gráficos Así crecen los casos de coronavirus en Tegucigalpa - Di...png

And today I won't either, that's just my town. :|

So, we had the worst week in terms of new covid cases since mid-May. The good news is - eventhough we reopened almost everything since then, we managed to get and keep cases down after mid-May. The bad news is - it does not seem to be isolated outbreaks driving this increase, but 75% or cases being distributed across half of Germany.
The next days will tell us whether we can track or trace us back to lower numbers without having to close down stuff.

EDIT: At least it seems like our healthcare authorities used the lockdown for hiring - I just read we have eight times as many contact tracers as Spain - around one per 4.000 people, while in spain it's one for 30k to 35k.

Last edited:
i think we are approaching our next lockdown...
in june we managed to have about 80-90 new cases a day
by now we're over 400 again...

i think we are approaching our next lockdown...
in june we managed to have about 80-90 new cases a day
by now we're over 400 again...
And here I am, worrying about a quarter of that.

and we only have 1/8th of your population! :/
I adjusted for that - we had the first day with over 800 cases since May yesterday.