Covid 19 CRISIS

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-assumed-pence-crowd-was-covid-tested-they-were-not

“As we did last night in the Rose Garden, it’s worth pointing out, anybody around the president and the first lady gets tested, the COVID-19 test,” Fox News’ Bret Baier told viewers after Pence had finished speaking.

The Trump/Pence plan SPREAD THIS SHIT TILL JESUS CALLS YOU HOME! We don't need no stinking test. Wooooo! See you soon Herman.

You wouldn’t have chanced upon a good source that expands on this, would you?

You & me & everybody else who takes precautions. The rest seem to be enjoying it.

Just the one. My best source was Science magazine, which indeed has "Do not panic" in the title. Like most serious publications regarding the pandemic, it takes the look of "It's future effects are inconclusive." This will get cornflated to whatever panicky thing you want for clicks. Business Insider also had a reassuring article on the other two cases of reinfection on the Netherlands and Belgium.

Personally, I do take these things with a fair amount of "Doom and gloom". My local health system is rather poor and quckly got overwhelmed until private companies and some government backed initiatives created triage centers (no word on any new hospitals). I also live with very at-risk people who are not necessarily the best at keeping guidelines and disinfecting things. On this particular situation someone who is experiencing very mild covid symptoms, or worse, are asymptomatic, is still a big risk. Especially with "you can't get infected again, it surely is a cold" etched into the common consciousness.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-assumed-pence-crowd-was-covid-tested-they-were-not

The Trump/Pence plan SPREAD THIS SHIT TILL JESUS CALLS YOU HOME! We don't need no stinking test. Wooooo! See you soon Herman.

Perhaps take a nice huff of lithium and go back to the politics section.

@gaasc Reading up both in the science article and on BI I think this is splendid news - our immune system indeed kicks the virus out even after antibody levels drop, with no or very few symptoms.

So yes, a vaccine would be splendid, and we really need something (Nanobodies? mAbs? Antivirals?) for at-risk people, but all in all this means that covid, in the long run, is just another strain of cold viruses we will be able to deal with.

Grip, what are your thoughts on the recent reports of reinfection after recovery? We are now starting to see data that indicates its possible and even some second infections that are more severe than the first.

@Blind_Io See discussion above, also links by gaasc to Science and BI, plus a thing in Nature on the same topic - there's no credible report on "more severe" yet, on the contrary, the "reinfections" we have seen built up antibodies again quick and immune systems dealt with the infection.

Also,we know from other viruses that some people never develop immunity, so with 24 Million covid cases and counting even a few hundred thousand cases of reinfection (not in the sense of virus can be detected, but in the sense of people actually getting sick a second time) are to be expected.

The media tends to focus on outliers to build bad news. As mentioned a few pages down, all we know so far looks good for a vaccine, even if it needs yearly booster shots.

Grip, what are your thoughts on the recent reports of reinfection after recovery? We are now starting to see data that indicates its possible and even some second infections that are more severe than the first.

So far, there are only 4 confirmed reinfections in the world, with 1 of those being in the US. Statistically, that's nobody.

As Grip said, we know a very few people never develop immunity to some infections that others almost always do. So, so far as we know, reinfection is really a non-issue.

That is good news, but as always, the stupid masses in the USA are already working overtime to overthrow common sense and science. I've heard too many use the, "The vaccine will allow Bill Gates/George Soros/Antifa/The Boogey Man to inject you with microchips/gay jeans [sic]/nanobots/communism". ?

Last edited:
gay jeans [sic]

WAT.jpg

The Finnish Covid-19 tracking app was launched today at lunch time. I know you shouldn't read internet comments, but I can't help myself.

"I don't want to install a government tracking app" ... but you have no problem owning an Android phone with google tracing your every step. Not to mention making said post on Facebook a privately owned American company that also traces your every step.

"Bluetooth drains your battery", no it doesn't. Maybe it did in 2003.

Anyway, Corona Blinker (which the name translates to in English) is totally anonymous and doesn't store anything besides your unique ID number and who you've been in contact with lately. The damn thing doesn't even use location services on the phone. I installed it, obviously, and I hope everyone else does too.

BTW, the chairman of BMW Tuning Club Finland has already sent out a press release stating that their proud members won't use this blinker either.

Poe's Law is a thing these days.

This bodes well for my Iowa trip next week... ?

That's ok, we're flying a guy from Atlanta to Des Moines because a company there can't take "sorry, we're a little busy, we'll call back in 5 minutes" as an answer. Fucking over 50 year olds in this country....

(Final Gearians excluded)

we did last week, along with the people who brought the 180,000 deaths signs in front of the White House during the RNC bullshit.

I haven't seen any beheadings yet. I kinda look forward to them, do keep in mind the last time this was tried, the people calling for guillotining the ruling classes were themselves beheaded about four years later :p