Covid 19 CRISIS

Maybe it's much better in the UK but from where I'm sitting the optimistic outlook sounds like garbage.

Why because I see people saying "I'm tired of wearing a mask I want it to get back to normal" while our public health officials say:

"I think it’s going to be a combination of a vaccine that has been around for almost a year and good public-health measures," Fauci said. "I would think by the time we get to the end of 2021 — maybe even the middle of 2022."

So if people are fatigued by good public health measures and just pretend like it's going to get better it's going to get worse. I'd rather be a pessimistic realist than believe the best case scenario will just magically happen.

We should hear it from elected officials but we don't: This is deadly stuff, the middle prediction is 400,000 dead, the worse case million plus, we may have to go back into lockdown, for us not to do that maintain discipline, wash your hands, keep 6ft apart, wear a mask and face shield, avoid gathering in groups. The vaccine is not the end to this and your lives will never be exactly as it was before.

They don't just drop off vaccine. The idea would be they would give source material and process. Even if they did so testing, manufacturing, distribution...

It's an out right lie and regardless of where they actually are with a vaccine Trump will claim it's done. On January 1st 2021 I think we'll be at 400,000 dead, a vaccine that's not available, and a group of crazy maskless people who refuse to wash their hands or stay 6ft apart.

Nothing has changed.

You're assuming anybody in power has the balls to say anything. I'm probably extremely wrong on this and hope to be proven wrong. 400,000 deaths by 2021 seems optimistic, we hit 200,000 in 7 months. You think we're going to have 200,000 more in 4 months?

We should hear it from elected officials but we don't: This is deadly stuff, the middle prediction is 400,000 dead, the worse case million plus, we may have to go back into lockdown, for us not to do that maintain discipline, wash your hands, keep 6ft apart, wear a mask and face shield, avoid gathering in groups. The vaccine is not the end to this and your lives will never be exactly as it was before.

See, and this is what your problem is - you are so far up your own head (or arse?) you do not even read what people you belive to be distractors say.

My point going into this frankly annoying conversation was that by giving a timeline of "no one knows" or "never" until we are out of this when everyone from Bill Gates to top scientists say it's one and a half years most likely and even even without any advances in research three years tops (and millions dead) until we are done with this, politicians and self-important experts drive people to the looney fringe.

But you have a set perception of me as living in disney princess la la land and so you just keep ranting.

EDIT: Also, the fallacy of claiming "people pretending things are normal, thus making stuff worse" and "effects will linger in people's heads forever, so unlike with all pandemics before, this one will drastically alter our way of life forever" at the same time is remarkable.

Last edited:
You're assuming anybody in power has the balls to say anything. I'm probably extremely wrong on this and hope to be proven wrong. 400,000 deaths by 2021 seems optimistic, we hit 200,000 in 7 months. You think we're going to have 200,000 more in 4 months?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-...irus-deaths-projection-400000-by-end-of-year/

A coronavirus models projects deaths due to the virus in the United States will top 400,000 by the end of the year, with 410,000 projected by January 1, according to new data. That would more than double the current U.S. death toll, which stood at more than 188,000 as of Saturday, according to Johns Hopkins University.

I'd wager with the optimistic outlook we will see increased holiday travel that will spread the virus as well. A second wave which has been predicted for months coupled with the flu and seasonal illness. Yes it's going to get worse. Call me all the names you want, say it's my politics, say im a pessimist, ignore that i've only pointed to facts. It's going to get worse.

Last edited:

A better, more prudent idea, would be to personally exercise all cautionary measures, encourage them on those who care, and follow developments of the vaccine at regular intervals instead of worrying on whether or not how many will die. Nobody knows, and madness lies wherever one worries over things beyond their control.

See, and this is what your problem is - you are so far up your own head (or arse?) you do not even read what people you belive to be distractors say.

I think it's more the entire American political system living rent-free in his head. These sorts of viewpoints are not helped by the internet, which, no matter what you google, will inevitably lead you to politically charged piece or whomever is plugging the controversial book of the week. As I have just found out when I searched about 70s furniture.

EDIT: Also, the fallacy of claiming "people pretending things are normal, thus making stuff worse" and "effects will linger in people's heads forever, so unlike with all pandemics before, this one will drastically alter our way of life forever" at the same time is remarkable.

We are maybe in the middle to end of the first third of the pandemic by your own timeline? So people running out there pretending its normal contracting the virus with either long term issues or not won't be remembered towards the end. I also imagine that people infected won't admit they were a spreader.

Maybe we will be acclimated to it and not think of it as abnormal like how 9/11 changed air travel forever. How's the movie theater business? Make no mistake they were always going disappear but covid has thrown gas on that fire. COVID-19 related workplace litigation, restaurant chain deaths, retail changes... Yeah, normal will be forever different.

When you watch movies written and shot after the pandemic they will be markedly different from pre pandemic films. Also it will be more likely to be watched on a tv screen rather than a theater.

Again, I can only be amazed by your self-importance and grandstanding, claiming to know how the future will be and how because the US is going down the shitter it'll be the same for all. You realize that none of the things you know for sure are even close to probable in Germany and the Nordics?

You know why we all, including you, are so scared? Because no one knows how the future will be. So stop acting like it's set in stone that everything will be shit. Maybe it will be. Maybe not. No one knows.

Get off your high horse.

Last edited:
taylor-swift-horse-1415978425.gif

Surviving Covid does not guarantee that long lasting effects don't affect the world.

Surviving Covid does not guarantee that long lasting effects don't affect the world.

Who cares. Throughout history this shit has been happening constantly, this is no different. We all just have to deal with it, focus on being happy and helping those that we can.

Maybe it's just that I have more exposure to the negative as that I got laid off from covid, our neighbor died from covid, my friend had an amputation from covid, my parents neighbors son a respiratory therapist took his own life by slitting his throat in street from stress from covid, our renter moved from covid.

Im sure it must be fucking wonderful where yall are. I put my rose colored glasses on and look at the totality of the picture and refer to:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-...irus-deaths-projection-400000-by-end-of-year/

Nope im on my high horse for pointing out that it's going to get worse before it gets better and yes every place will have been touched by the economic fallout what an ass I am.

You said it.

Missouri, continuing to lead the way in being both incredibly stupid AND evil at the same time.

"You may act surprised that you don't have a face mask on properly and then apologize as you put the mask on," the email continued. "Wear your mask correctly until the voter leaves the polling place. Please do this every time a voter says something to you."

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...told-to-lie-to-voters-about-not-wearing-masks

Bruh, get a beer and relax. Shits going in a weird way right now and focusing on it isn't good. You're going to be ok even if it doesn't look like it right now. I don't have the same experiences as you do with friends and neighbors catching this. I live and work around a lot more people who see this as a joke because they don't know anyone who has had it. While no one I know has protested, certainly enough has hated the fact that our state governor and Chicago mayor banded together to get this shit figured out. As it is they've had to be way less aggressive on what should be done because of the rural idiots and folks like my family. I usually don't wish ill will on people but in this situation, I kind of want someone to get sick that is know by friends or family just so that they get the fucking message. I have to listen to my mom, dad, brother, and sister all find this blown out of proportion and thing masks are a joke hell, they think essential oils cures ailments.

I'm sorry you lost your job, that sucks, please don't think we're all against you and for the orange idiot and his cult followers, we're not. Politics in this country have been cancer for years and yeah, it has become worse with the "checks and balances" getting corrupt and afraid to speak out of line. They're pussies, we know this, all we can do as those that don't want to die from basically not wearing a seat belt, is vote how we see fit and change whos in power to in theory get someone that at least shows they give a shit, even if it's a little bit.

My point is, we're not against you.

News from Italy. It feels like gossip, but it only marginally is.

Briatore recovered from Covid-19, and after losing his reputation by saying "this is nothing, don't worry" and having his luxury club swept by Covid, he has released no other declarations.

Silvio Berlusconi has got Covid-19 and recovered. He was smart, he hadn't said anything earlier, and now is in a "Boris Johnson"'s after-Covid phase, in which hs encourages people to take all the necessary precautions and follow all the containment measures because it's not a joke.

You know the italian right-wing is horribly bad when you notice that Silvio Berlusconi has become the most reasonable and on-point right-wing politician around.

Taking a step back from shouting, name-calling and quote wars, here's a very good piece on vaccination, public trust, and the rollout from Stat:
https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/17/vaccine-alone-wont-stop-covid-19-we-also-need-a-plan-for-it/

I like the calm language of science explaining stuff like the anti-vaxxer bogeyman ADE in simple words ("biologically plausible, but unproven").

But what really puzzles me is how different the perspective is between the US and Europe when it comes to vaccine distribution. Not only because of the mess of competing federal agencies: Germany for example has one governing body for vaccination - from trial approval and management across approval for general use all the way to post-approval follow-up on side effects, adverse effects, and efficiency. Bust mostly because of the seeming difficulty of super-simple stuff (people need booster shots! and they have to be from the same manufacturer!) that have come up so often that it seems to be a legitimate concern.
Looking at Germany (and, I guess, most if not all EU healthcare systems), I can not even remotely understand these concerns. @_Jules_ is currently receiving a vaccination that requires not one, but two booster shots. Different vaccines are available, and of course they must not be mixed and matched. Luckily, there are standard procedures here: She made all three appointments in one go, and due to (more or less) digital records it is easy to track what she got and has to get as a booster.
This, I believe, is a main difference between the US and Europe - healthcare structures are much more connected and reliable over here, and trust in institutions is at an all-time high according to polls (which of course is supported by there not being double and triple competing structures as well as political and scientific leaders generally not contradicting each other). Thus, if a vaccine rollout plan will be published in EU countries, a bunch of "experts" and newspaper columnists will explain exactly why it is totally wrong and won't work, but then it will be calmly implemented, the public, except for the looney fringe, will most likely go along with it, and it will most likely mostly work (with experts and newspaper columnists taking the outliers where it didn't as proof that they were right). Of course, it will still take two or three months to vaccinate the general public, and of course, it is an unbelievable logistic feat - but I can not imagine "vaccine violence" or a complete suppy chain breakdown happen in Europe.

Last edited:
Dr. Fauci Says He Will Raise Flags If Corners Are Cut On Covid-19 Vaccine
“If in fact it looks like that vaccine is safe and effective, I can tell the American public that I will take the vaccine when it’s available to me, and I will recommend to my family that they take it,” says Dr. Fauci.

He slighly misspoke in another part of the interview, mixed up 2020/2021, but clarified that he is optimistic that things will be back to normal in the third or fourth quarter 2021.

Last edited:

62220E00-4C9C-4944-B669-5FDD2D18CF71.jpeg

Oh look, it’s not Chicago that’s the problem anymore. This is as of September 21. The county I live in is second from the top right. The reason I say that is because those that live away from Chicago and southern areas of the state hate the current governor and Chicago mayor because “there’s more to Illinois than Chicago.” Sure, and the state capital is Springfield which is a small town with a coal power plant.

Some news from Honduras

Screenshot_2020-09-21 Honduras registra 2,204 muertes y 72,075 infectados por covid-19 - Diari...png

We're at present hovering on 72k cases with 2,200 dead, which means a fatality of 3.05% on confirmed cases. It seems to be going on a stable manner so far.

Unfortunately, there is a small issue with the state, this stability has made them remove some resources from health, firing the temp medics and such. To make matters worse, the circulation restrictions have been slightly lifted, tourism and some informal business has reopened, now twice the amount of people can leave their homes at any given day (circulation is restricted with the last digit of the national ID) My compatriots have taken this as "pandemic over."

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls2.jpg

The continued use of masks is good. The density of people makes me slightly distressed.