Covid 19 CRISIS

But we already knew they were basically testing it on their population - So it's not really new, it's just that others have joined the party now!

Yes, which makes it disturbing. :p

It's always a good thing when you start blocking safety guidelines from a political perspective.

Moderna and Pfizer Vaccine Trial Participants Report Serious Side Effects

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2020/10/05/report-moderna-and-pfizer-vaccine-trial-participan/
Let's be precise here - "serious" in clinical lingo is defined as "requiring hospitalization" and is a potential instant trial stopper, as we have seen with AstraZeneca/Oxford.
This is not what we are talking about here. We are talking about "you definitly know you've been injected with something, but will be fine after a day". Even the affected participants in the study say they believe it's worth it. Also, I would not be surprised if one of the "affected" people turns out to be in the placebo arm in the end :D
In any case, especially coming from a stock market website this is a willful negative misrepresentation of facts, probably to bring down Pfizer/Moderna stock and gamble the market.

But yeah, good to see you back @Momentum57 - I was missing your cheerful attitude.

Last edited:
Double Post!

Regarding the Trump / FDA showdown. Pfizer/BioNTech were the only vaccine trial left who considered asking for emergency authorization within October (AstraZeneca are still on hold, and Moderna already pushed back to November weeks ago, all other Phase 3 trials always were planning to report back around Christmas). I would not be surprised if they voluntarily comply with the FDA-suggested two month safety observation requirement, moving their application to early to mid November.

Last edited:
In any case, especially coming from a stock market website this is a willful negative misrepresentation of facts, probably to bring down Pfizer/Moderna stock and gamble the market.

Bit of a stretch: A conspiracy that CNBC is manipulating coverage for it's own stock portfolios profit.

Bit of a stretch: A conspiracy that CNBC is manipulating coverage for it's own stock portfolios profit.
I was referring to the fool.com link you posted. See here: CNBC does not use the term "severe". Their take is titled: "Coronavirus vaccine trial participants report day-long exhaustion, fever and headaches — but say it’s worth it".

See the difference?

And please stop twisting my statements like that. I have no stake in your weird American game of "he who is not for us is against us", so stop treating me like your enemy.

Last edited:
Some vaccine news not tainted by Trump: The EMA (EU drug regulator) has started a "rolling review" of both the Pfizer/BioNTech and the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine. This means they are already reviewing (and hopefully approving) the animal test and Phase I/II data in order to be ready when the Phase III efficiency/safety data comes rolling in:
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-starts-first-rolling-review-covid-19-vaccine-eu
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-starts-second-rolling-review-covid-19-vaccine

EDIT: Also, probably as a reaction to the US mess, the EMA has issued a statement re-affirming that it will uphold its commitment to independence and transparency in its evaluation of COVID-19 treatments and vaccines:
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/e...ndence-standards-covid-19-treatments-vaccines

Last edited:
Well gang, my sister has officially been exposed to covid through work, because her boss doesn't think it's a big deal and has been making them come in as much as possible, so now she's quarantined at home for the next 2 weeks.

I'm

Not

Happy

Well gang, my sister has officially been exposed to covid through work, because her boss doesn't think it's a big deal and has been making them come in as much as possible, so now she's quarantined at home for the next 2 weeks.
Fingers crossed that she'll be fine, ideally not even infected. I've been exposed back in March (three-hour meeting with a positive person) and got lucky.

In Trump news, it seems like once again his own team found a way to limit the damage he can do: After he blocked an attempt by the FDA to make two months of security data mandatory for any vaccine approval, it seems Operation Warp Speed told Pfizer not to ask for approval until they can actually supply their vaccine at scale - which coincidentally will only be in mid-November, when the two months observation window has passed.

I'm

Not

Happy
Employers who don't take COVID precautions seriously should be on the hook for Worker's Comp expenses related to workplace exposure.

Bill Gates on vaccine

"Comfortably around November or December, we'll know whether or not the [Covid-19] vaccine is safe and effective," says Dr. Anthony Fauci. "They've started to produce doses... by the time we get to the end of November, December, there should be some doses that are available."

"We're starting to see, the midwest and the northwest, an uptick in test positivity, which tends to be a predictor that you're going to have surges," says Dr. Anthony Fauci. "I'd like to say that everything is going to be great by Thanksgiving... I'm not so sure it is."