Covid 19 CRISIS

More good news this morning, they won't tell her who it was who had it or when they were in the office exposing her to it and they're refusing to do any contact tracing. That means it's possible my mom and I have been exposed to it as well because we saw her last week.

It's a wonderful feeling having that unknown hovering over your head while fuckwad and his merry band of jackoffs have access to all the testing and best treatments at their fingertips.

Anyway, all three of us feel fine as of right now, if my mom and I make it to the middle of next week I guess we're in the clear while my sister will have another week to go.

I guess you could always insinuate a lawsuit or taking it to workmans comp and see if they fess up.

Mink farms were the first source of Animal-to-Human transmission in the Netherlands back in April already. Sadly, unlike cats and dogs, Minks not only get infected but also transmit to humans.

Yay, more politics being shoehorned into the pandemic coverage.

Well, two can play that game.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 182159.png

*Counts for New York City and New York state are shown separately; data for New York State show total cases and deaths for the State excluding data for NYC.

Here's a screencap from the CDC highlighting the Per Capita deaths by state. Sorry I can't really make it into a very fancy graph.

What am I to read politically here? Democrat governors are so adept at killing people with shitty healthcare that they take the top 4 spots away from places with flagrant disregard for the rules? Republicans have more sturdy dispositions against covid?

Or maybe it is that the whole endeavor of politicizing everything under the sun is stupid?

My sister and her husband aren't doing great. She's been in the bathroom constantly and her head won't stop hurting, but so far no problems breathing or coughing or anything like that. No signs of a fever either as yet, but my BIL has bad asthma so if he develops something it could get bad really quick. It could just be something they both caught, could be something more, we don't know yet. She's been doing her own contact tracing and she's tracked it down to two possible people who were carrying it but she's not sure of the exact day it happened.

My mom and I still feel fine, so we're in the clear tomorrow. Mainly I'm just worried about my sister and I'm still fucking pissed she was needlessly exposed. These fuckers don't care that they're playing with people's lives here.

Hopefully ending the politicization of the covid vaccine development, Pfizer now announced they will ask for approval of their vaccine only in the second half of November, even if they still believe efficiency data will be available (and released to the public) as early as this month:
Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said:
The second requirement [for approval] is to prove that the vaccine is safe. Our internal standards for vaccine safety and those required by regulators are set high. In the instance of Emergency Use Authorization in the U.S. for a potential COVID-19 vaccine, FDA is requiring that companies provide two months of safety data on half of the trial participants following the final dose of the vaccine. Based on our current trial enrollment and dosing pace, we estimate we will reach this milestone in the third week of November. Safety is, and will remain, our number one priority, and we will continue monitoring and reporting safety data for all trial participants for two years.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/an_open_letter_from_pfizer_chairman_and_ceo_albert_bourla

With the damed US election out of the way, this hopefully will bring some sanity back into the discussion. It also means if the Phase 3 trials work well, Pfizer, AstraZeneca (based on non-US trial data), and Moderna will probably submit their authorization requests to healthcare authorities within weeks from each other, enabling regulators to have a good look which of these frontrunners work best in which kind of patients, and maybe even not granting approval to all three if one or two of them fall short of the others.

Also, both Pfizer and Moderna emphasized that the side effects they are seeing in Phase 3 are in line with what they saw in early stage clinical testing, meaning that even as enrollment reaches tens of thousands of subjects, they did not run in any of the predicaments the Adenovirus-based candidates face.

And in even more "science is crazy amazing" news, Sanofi has animal test data from a vaccine engineered to mimic the immune response seen in asymptomatic cases of covid, while omitting the elements of immune response associated with severe disease - thus further enhancing vaccine safety and efficiency. They will start clinical testing within 2020, as will two vaccines from Merck, one of which may be administered orally. Oh, and BioNTech is ready to send a "best of all worlds" fifth candidate into clinical testing that combines the most successful aspects of all four candidates tested earlier, including the one currently in Phase 3.

EDIT: The EU vaccine regularor European Medicines Agency (EMA) has taken on Moderna's vaccine for their "rolling review" approval process. Let's keep our fingers crossed that one or more of the early candidates check out.

EDIT2: I have not checked trial registries, so this is tinfoil hat speculation, but since Pfizer are so super bullish about their vaccine's prospects (not only in press releases, but also in costly actions, expanding their trial first to the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions like HIV, and then to children) I am pretty sure they internally have some very positive efficiency data, maybe from following up on the Phase 1/2 participants or through a separate open-label trial.

Last edited:
If this was a torque curve I guess you could count it as being flat.

covid.png

Mama Bass and I are in the clear, my sister though still isn't feeling so hot. She's not sure if she has a temp or not since her thermometer is old and wonky plus my family tends to run more than a full degree cooler than the average of 98.6. I personally clock in around 97.3, so a temp of 99 would be low grade fever for one of us.

Glad to hear you two are okay dude...keep us on the loop.