Covid 19 CRISIS

Are we talking overall cases or daily/weekly infections, though?
Missouri's seven-day caseload based on @CraigB 's numbers above is 490 cases per 100K inhabitants. That's a good fifth more than the hardest-hit parts of Germany.

Wait? That's cases per 1000? FUCK! Going metric over here is cases per 100K, so I was thinking "it does not look too bad". But no.
Yes, the feels that does these, Matthew Holloway, said he did per thousand due to the small population sizes of many counties in Missouri. One has just a hair over 2000 people.

A7B03D81-3E76-47B7-8EBC-EB75DCC98072.jpeg

Something I wasn't aware of, there's been a rental/mortgage assistance program in Illinois during this.

https://www.ihda.org/

So... facemasks are still on and will be until at least new years. Everyone that has to wear one for work hates it with a passion.

Meanwhile, it's considered perfectly fine to open the newly renovated hockey arena. 2500 people in the audience. Because hockey is important, apparently.

So... facemasks are still on and will be until at least new years. Everyone that has to wear one for work hates it with a passion.

Meanwhile, it's considered perfectly fine to open the newly renovated hockey arena. 2500 people in the audience. Because hockey is important, apparently.

It's always a surprise when I've told people I work with that nobody likes masks and oh by the way, people in Europe who some will say followed this virus thing better are amazed when I say "no, there's protests there too and people hate this stay athome stuff and mask mandate just as much as we do." Cue "oh, really?" with a surprised expression. Yes, dumbshit.

Last edited:
I got Covid-19 while in the hospital. I had to go to the hospital because I was bleeding internally from an ulcer in my duodenum. While there, I had a blood transfusion and got put in ICU. I am convinced that the transporter who was pushing my wheelchair on the day that I was discharged gave me the virus, as he was coughing like crazy (he was wearing a mask). I was diagnosed 12 days after being discharged, but I had symptoms 5 days after being discharged. I've now had symptoms for 15 days (CDC guidance is now 10 days and you're supposed to be OK to stop being in isolation).

Be careful, stay safe, and, if you can, avoid the hospital.

Last edited:
we are fucked.png

And what is Parson doing about this? Nothing, STL didn't vote for him so they fend for themselves. If it sounds like I've been repetitive these last 9 months it's because I am. This cocksucker has done nothing, continues to do nothing, and will continue to do nothing because he doesn't give a fuck. He won't even suggest people stay home or wear masks because that's fake news libtard antifa commie bullshit. It's the same shit every week, things get worse and nothing happens to make it better, just do nothing and then think about doing more nothing and hope the problem fixes itself.

Meanwhile on this side of the river we're going into partial lockdown again. And the covid deniers are in a tizzy because their freedumbs is being impeached by the evil dictator Gov who won't let me make an honest living. I still see a few people out there not wearing masks and I really wish I could slap them. I don't know if they're just that fucking stupid or if they are so devoted to being part of this death cult nothing will ever get through to them.

View attachment 3559155

And what is Parson doing about this? Nothing, STL didn't vote for him so they fend for themselves. If it sounds like I've been repetitive these last 9 months it's because I am. This cocksucker has done nothing, continues to do nothing, and will continue to do nothing because he doesn't give a fuck. He won't even suggest people stay home or wear masks because that's fake news libtard antifa commie bullshit. It's the same shit every week, things get worse and nothing happens to make it better, just do nothing and then think about doing more nothing and hope the problem fixes itself.

Meanwhile on this side of the river we're going into partial lockdown again. And the covid deniers are in a tizzy because their freedumbs is being impeached by the evil dictator Gov who won't let me make an honest living. I still see a few people out there not wearing masks and I really wish I could slap them. I don't know if they're just that fucking stupid or if they are so devoted to being part of this death cult nothing will ever get through to them.
Parson is a joke. If you are on Facebook, I highly recommend you follow this fella (https://www.facebook.com/holloweezy). He does daily updates and usually has something snarky to say. Plus, he managed to sneak into the conference call today and get some insight into Parson and his insanity.

Matthew Hollaway said:
So, today I snuck into the Governor’s Emergency Management Services conference call under my business alias, Deuce Bigalow (I’m not kidding, I will include a screenshot in the comments). I kind of wrestled around whether or not there would be potential ramifications, even perhaps legally, if I were to release this information. Before I got too deep into looking at it, I ultimately decided that at this point in the pandemic, given the response we’ve provided to date, I just don’t give a shit. People deserve to know where our leadership stands, and people deserve to be spoken to directly. If you’re getting this information from me for the first time --- a private citizen who probably shouldn’t have been on the call in the first place --- it should be indicative that you don’t know where our leadership stands, and they aren’t speaking directly to their constituents.

Here are some notes from what I heard. Please note that I typed as quickly as I could, but the items I’ve left in quotes are items that I heard verbatim, but not everything will be in quotes because I don’t want to incorrectly attribute anything that he said. Also, not everything reads with exceptional grammar, which often happens when spoken word is quoted. I think most of you know how delicate I am with my composition, hopefully you’ve been following long enough to know that some of these sentence structures are not my own, personal writing.

Dr. Randall Williams, DHSS Director, opened up the call with a few small items, most notably was that he expects that by April or May every Missourian should have access to a vaccine, and there to be as many as 5 different vaccine options.

Governor Mike Parson took center stage shortly after, and opened up by saying that everyone on the call was in for a “pretty frank conversation”. He noted that “the unemployment rate for Missouri is at 4.9%”.

Governor Parson said that, regarding cases and hospitalizations, “our numbers are doubling in the last 30 days from where they were for the last 9 months”. He noted that “this is definitely at a turning point in the state on where we are going to go”, and that “the problem is going to become the capacity” of our healthcare systems. Then, he said that “if we keep going in the rate we are going, within four or five weeks we are going to be at a turning point on whether we can handle it or not”.

Governor Parson went on to warn the participants that “I need everyone to understand how important this is, that what we do and what actions we take in the next 4-6 weeks are critical”.

Specifically, he expressed “Rural Missouri --- you need to step up a little bit”, but followed that statement later in the call by adding “There’s one thing that I think is totally misleading, is when someone tries to blame somebody else for a virus. When you see one city blame a rural area for a virus, that is not a good thing for the state”.

Related to guidelines from the federal level, Governor Parson expressed “I have been pretty straightforward in my messaging. Not much of that message is going to change”. For me, on a call I probably wasn’t supposed to be on in the first place, it was weird because I could feel the air being sucked out of a virtual room for the first time ever. He followed this up by saying “I’m gonna tell you, I’m not going to be mandating anybody to do anything. If you are in one of these high risk areas, you need to take some kind of action on the local levels”. He added “I don’t think anyone expected this thing to go as fast as it has. If it goes as fast as it has in the next 30 days as it has in the past 30 days, it’s going to be a problem”, and “take a good look at what things are back home, you need to make sure everyone understands that this is real. Government is not gonna do it, don’t expect one person to be able to do it”.

Someone on the call, who I will not mention by name or title, wheeled their cojones up to their keyboard in a wheelbarrow and asked “why are you refusing to mandate masks?”, to which the Governor replied by saying the following, which I am quite confident on picking this up:

“I’ve said from day one since we’ve dealt with this pandemic that I didn’t think it was the state government’s job to do that. The other thing that’s right behind the door is a vaccine. I don’t believe a governor should mandate a vaccine without input from the public, and that’s the first step down that road”.

No, I absolutely did not make that part up.

Governor Parson closed out with his best take on some encouraging words, saying “We are in a tough situation right now dealing with this virus. There is hope, and we can get through this virus”.

Boy, there’s a lot to unpack here. One of the things that didn’t make it into quotes above is the fact that several times, Governor Parson circled around personal responsibility, but reiterated that no one person is responsible. This was a theme throughout his address.

I do hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that any hope of a mask mandate for the state is gone. A mask mandate would not fix the problem, nor would mandating every social mitigation strategy we have, but we are at a place RIGHT NOW where we need to throw everything we’ve got at slowing the spread. What is most concerning, at least related to the mask mandate, is what he is basing his opposition on --- because of concern that a mask mandate provides a slippery slope towards the governor being responsible for mandating vaccines. I suspect one of two things here --- literal insanity, or trying to weasel out of doing what every health-minded Missourian is asking for, for some other reason I can’t comprehend.

Another tremendous problem is that our governor seems to know that the situation is alarming, but that we still have somewhere between 4-6 weeks to prepare for a bad situation. The reason I went all-caps in that last paragraph is because we are in a bad situation right freaking now. I am asking an entirely serious question here --- has our governor set foot inside of a hospital care unit in the last month? Just in the last day or two, he has been sharing photos of himself out and about, meeting strangers and even hugging staff at a Casey’s General Store somewhere in NW Missouri that he stopped in (which obviously is not modeling the social distancing he preached about on the call today). I cannot imagine that if the man has been inside of a care unit, he is completely oblivious as to what’s going on… so who is helping him formulate this opinion on the current situation? Dr. Williams? Twitter?

You guys, I am absolutely sickened for our healthcare workers and hospital leaders, who are pleading for some kind of help, and reaching out their hands, only to get a single finger in response. Our governor does not understand this situation. This behavior is negligent. I am ready to throw these folks out.

Ah, Neosho. My hometown. For residents and neighboring communities in Newton County, they are known as “The Flower Box City”. This is because back in 1955, the city was selected for a civic beautification project, in which 3,000 flower boxes with budding flowers were placed around the town. It’s also home to the world’s largest flowerbox, which is an old Kansas City Southern railroad car that was placed at the northern end of Morse Park in 2002. I actually remember covering this story as part of our student-produced news.

Also, Neosho. For residents and neighboring communities in Newton County, it is also known as the first city in Missouri to outright lift every COVID-19 mitigation strategy across the board, far earlier than anywhere else. Famous for the City Council meeting that turned into people shouting at the council after person after person stood before them, reciting completely made up “truths” which were met with a series of “AMEN!” and applause. The first jurisdiction in the state where the health department was agreeable to no longer quarantining students who had been exposed to the virus.

And, as of today, Neosho. For residents and neighboring communities in Newton County, it can be known as the county who is using federal CARES funding to purchase a refrigerated mobile morgue, because “area facilities are full”.

Newton County Commissioner Bill Reiboldt was quoted as saying “We respect the dead. We are kind and sensitive about this in a legal way - this is all about helping our friends and neighbors when we can”. They’re just so damn friendly and neighborly, aren’t they?

You show up to dispute medical recommendations, you complain about how inconvenient the pandemic is, and now you have a gigantic fridge for dead bodies coming to town. These are your tax dollars hard at work.

Parson is a joke. If you are on Facebook, I highly recommend you follow this fella (https://www.facebook.com/holloweezy). He does daily updates and usually has something snarky to say. Plus, he managed to sneak into the conference call today and get some insight into Parson and his insanity.
I intentionally don't have a Facebook account, so thanks for posting that. As if I didn't hate this asshole enough as is. I keep asking WHY did Missouri elect him to a full term despite his open contempt for everyone except bunny & clud!? Jesus titty fucking christ in a bamboo tree. What, did he secretly promise all the rural voters a free year supply of meth or something? Better to be poor, sick, stupid, or dead than vote for a Democrat?

I'm sorry to always rant in this thread, but it's just so fucking aggravating to see this only getting worse when something could be done to help.

I got Covid-19 while in the hospital. I had to go to the hospital because I was bleeding internally from an ulcer in my duodenum. While there, I had a blood transfusion and got put in ICU. I am convinced that the transporter who was pushing my wheelchair on the day that I was discharged gave me the virus, as he was coughing like crazy (he was wearing a mask). I was diagnosed 12 days after being discharged, but I had symptoms 5 days after being discharged. I've now had symptoms for 15 days (CDC guidance is now 10 days and you're supposed to be OK to stop being in isolation).

Be careful, stay safe, and, if you can, avoid the hospital.
Hope you get better soon!

I thought long and hard whether to comment on your post, since I do not want to diminish your experience or belittle anyone, but I have to - "avoid the hospital" is dangerous advice. The risk of catching covid in a hospital is not higher than elsewhere. The risk of a serious illness from catching covid is realitively low, especially in people of our age. This holds especially true compared to "ignoring what might be cancer until covid is over" or "ignoring what turns out to be internal bleeding". We already see more people dying from heart attacks in Europe because they are afraid to seek help, for example.

If you feel il enough to warrant going to the hospital in non-pandemic times, do it during a pandemic as well, at least as long as hospitals still are functioning.

As widely expected, exponential covid growth in the US means it did not take long for another 80 cases to occur in the Pfizer/BioNTech study. So now, after 170 cases counted, we have statistically solid data on vaccine efficiency*.
Stat said:
Of the 170 cases of Covid-19 Pfizer observed in its trial, 162 occurred in the placebo group and just eight among the group that got its two-dose vaccine. Of the 10 cases of severe Covid-19, nine were in the placebo group, an important finding which suggests the vaccine prevents not only mild cases, but the type of serious disease that leads patients to die or be hospitalized.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/18/pfizer-biontech-covid19-vaccine-fda-data/

With Moderna in their preliminary readout hitting the same number by .5 percent, and a slightly better tendency in preventing serious cases, this may well be how good covid vaccines in general work. Or at least mRNA-based ones.

This also means that Pfizer will file for emergency approval of it's vaccine in the US and EU within this week or early next week. Hang on there, guys, we got this.

*Given the number of study participants, observing more cases would not provide more solid data, mathematically, only more data towards the same point.

EDIT:
Looked up the press release. There's even more good news burined in it:
The observed efficacy in adults over 65 years of age was over 94%.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-r...ntech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

Last edited:
Hope you get better soon!

I thought long and hard whether to comment on your post, since I do not want to diminish your experience or belittle anyone, but I have to - "avoid the hospital" is dangerous advice. The risk of catching covid in a hospital is not higher than elsewhere. The risk of a serious illness from catching covid is realitively low, especially in people of our age. This holds especially true compared to "ignoring what might be cancer until covid is over" or "ignoring what turns out to be internal bleeding". We already see more people dying from heart attacks in Europe because they are afraid to seek help, for example.

If you feel il enough to warrant going to the hospital in non-pandemic times, do it during a pandemic as well, at least as long as hospitals still are functioning.
You misquoted and misunderstood me. I would not and did not advocate avoiding the hospital at all costs.

You misquoted and misunderstood me. I would not and did not advocate avoiding the hospital at all costs.
I rather misunderstood then. No ill feelings.