Covid 19 CRISIS

Vaccine uptake among healthcare workers in Berlin at 85%.
This is tremendously good news. If we keep this up, my estimate for "everyone who wants a shot get one" may get pushed back by up to four weeks (15%/10 Mio extra people to vaccinate) - but let's not celebrate before we get more intel about overall vaccine uptake.

I estimate places like Berlin (highly-educated, liberal) to end up close to 80/90% vaccine uptake and rural Eastern Germany, where conspiracy nuts and neo-nazis gather, having a hard time even crossing the 50%/60% line.

Last edited:
Update!

So toward late afternoon early evening I started to noticed the muscle is a bit sore from the shot and is still here today. I am not sure how I'll manage. :p

Last edited:
Some good news, hopefully this is the start of a new wave of vaccines for diseases that previously were just managed or untreatable.

More than 60 years after the first known case of human HIV infection, and 40 years after the beginning of the deadly HIV/AIDS epidemic in the United States, a vaccine could be on the horizon.

In a Phase I Clinical trial that began in 2018, scientists at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) and Scripps Research gave 48 participants two doses of either the vaccine candidate or a placebo, spaced two months apart. Results show that, in 97 percent of recipients, the vaccine stimulated the immune system to produce immunoglobulin G (IgG) B cells—a first step to making rare but powerful antibodies required to protect against various strains of HIV.

Now, IAVI and Scripps Research have announced they will continue building on the success of that first study by partnering with Moderna—the producers of the mRNA-1273 COVID-19 vaccine—to apply their mRNA-based technology to speed up the HIV vaccine’s development.

I've started seeing 5G on my phone more and more over the past few weeks :nod: must be all those flesh battery powered mobile cell towers popping up.

I've been using my chip to mine crypto for the last 6 weeks.

...and as if they have a stash set aside to compensate for other's fuckups and generate positive PR, Pfizer and BioNTech will magically deliver tens of millions of extra doses to the US and EU goverrnments. The message is clear: where J&J, AstraZeneca, and Merck stumble, Pfizer's a name you can trust.

Last edited:
My wife just got a call from her gynaecologist: whether I'd be willing to be vaccinated tomorrow noon, as quite a few people had canceled their appointments ?‍♂️ The fact that I'd already had my first shot last week seems to have irritated them. Also, since the gyns are going by pregnancy progress, I should actually be quite far down their list... this combined with the fact that regular practices get ridiculously small amounts of vaccine atm, means to me either 1) the uptake is really bad and people are being dumb/scared or b) the vaccination campaign is going much better than anyone knows and all the expecting dads are already taken care of. I'll try and think it's mostly b) :|

Also wtf is our government doing with the Notbremse :bangin::unsure:?‍♂️?

the vaccination campaign is going much better than anyone knows and all the expecting dads are already taken care of.
I think this plays a huge part, if you look at the overall numbers. 20% first shots are within sight, and the end of the month total looks a lot closer to 25% by now.

My wife just got a call from her gynaecologist: whether I'd be willing to be vaccinated tomorrow noon, as quite a few people had canceled their appointments ?‍♂️ The fact that I'd already had my first shot last week seems to have irritated them. Also, since the gyns are going by pregnancy progress, I should actually be quite far down their list... this combined with the fact that regular practices get ridiculously small amounts of vaccine atm, means to me either 1) the uptake is really bad and people are being dumb/scared or b) the vaccination campaign is going much better than anyone knows and all the expecting dads are already taken care of. I'll try and think it's mostly b) :|

Also wtf is our government doing with the Notbremse :bangin::unsure:?‍♂️?

Well, I drove out to Rockford, IL which is roughly 60kms away from me because a pharmacy had it before any location near me did. They aren't advertising it so I can only imagine it's down to the same thing you're talking about. :/

At least with the gynaecologist, they have an active register of pregnant "customers" - so they actively call people to schedule the vaccination appointments. Works out nicely... if people are actually willing to get the jab.

See my earlier post in here about how my experience as a future dad went. It was entirely down to me being lucky and cheeky enough to just ASK when I might be eligible... don't know how many people actively do this or how many are too shy and expect to be contacted or actively communicated to (as they now do through the practices). My parents (70+ yo) are also fully expecting to be contacted by their PC physician because they don't trust to be notified by the authority organising the vaccination appointments in the vaccination centers, despite being registered. this is also due to their experience with the recent "dump" of AZ vaccines to 60+ yo's on a first come first serve random lucky winner basis (where they refused to spend an entire day hitting F5 on the online tool or calling the hotline 200 times).

At any given time and discounting the first month or so, there are about 500k pregnant women in Germany. Vaccinating those 500k dads and 500k 2nd points of contact is just two days at current vaccination speeds.

They’re not even doing secondary - when told that I was already done but we would love to supply my BIL, the aus they can’t do that yet...
So yeah, seems like they’re going through that particular group fairly quickly ?