Covid 19 CRISIS

What I am seeing here is (fabricated?) outrage along the usual political lines. Let's look at the bigger picture for a second...

We, as liberal societies, have two choices:
  1. Either covid is the worst thing ever and if case numbers go up, we are going to shut down (parts of) society yet again, or just not re-open them first place (for example indoor concerts and dancing). In this case vaccination has to be made mandatory for any meaningful participation in society including going shopping or going to work. This way, covid numbers stay down and society stays open.
  2. Or covid isn't that bad at all, "not as bad as measels" as one German official (Mertens of Stiko) put it. Then, vaccination can stay voluntarily, but there is no need to look at case numbers and discuss lockdowns (as soon as everyone who wants is double-jabbed). In this case, Javid is right.
Any third way hands vaccine refusers the key to society since by simply not getting vaccinated and driving case numbers up they have to power to enforce lockdowns.

I am absolutely fine with both ways outlined above, but not with having vaccine refusers drive us back into lockdowns.

EDIT: Any claim mandatory vaccination would be unconstitutional is bogus: Firstly, most societies have mandatory vaccination for large groups of society (measels in Germany for example is mandatory for all kids who go to school - and since school is mandatory, that's all kids). And secondly, our politicians change the constitution in the blink of an eye to keep out asylum seekers or enforce stronger surveillance of terror suspect. So the only thing keeping them from doing it for mandatory vaccination is not wanting to lose the anti-vaxx vote.

Last edited:
#2 looks like a good option in a month or two... Taking my sister as a waypoint, she has zero reasons to get preferred jabbing, and didn't work hard at getting an appointment, just entered herself onto the official list in SH centres in early June... And got her first shot this month, second pending the usual few weeks, plus two weeks immune response churning time, so some time in September people like her are good. Any earlier would be wrong.

Exactly. Speaking of Germany, for the last two weeks or so it has been possible to get vaccinated without prior appointment even, or with like one or two days waiting time.
So, basically every adult who hasn't had their first shot by now (except people with valid medical reasons) are a classic "it's your own fault". Give it eight weeks to have all the second doses done, then let's say, fuck those people.

What I am seeing here is (fabricated?) outrage along the usual political lines. Let's look at the bigger picture for a second...

Exactly what it seems from this side of the fence. It's a lazy news story. A couple of people got pissed, it got traction and now you have a "scandal" in your hands. One look at his political affiliation and the fact the guardian story immediately went for representatives of some parties as example of the outrage told me all that I needed to know. Rachel Clarke jumps into the bandwagon, she has a book to sell.

If this comment was done when we didn't have vaccinations or told people to not get vaccinated, it would be another matter entirely. The tweet started by recommending vaccination and then used clear hyperbole to make a point. That was it.

I am once again getting rather annoyed by political nonsense infecting (I assure you my wording in this case was completely unintended) the non-political sections of this forum. It has already cost us a noticeable amount of members and it devolves usual conversation into your normal shit-flinging and "If you don't like this you are a...". I believe in FG members being able to do this, but we kinda have to point it out sometimes.

This is one of these times.

I would like to have a COVID update for you, but there's nothing worth mentioning ATM. Will report back with confirmed vaccination numbers as soon as we get them.

So, basically every adult who hasn't had their first shot by now (except people with valid medical reasons) are a classic "it's your own fault". Give it eight weeks to have all the second doses done, then let's say, fuck those people.

Besides generosity of spirit for our fellow man no matter how dumb we might believe they are for not getting the vaccine yet we should want them. Those people who dont get the vaccine are also little biowarfare labs working overtime on creating new variants. The longer we draw this out the more likely it is that someone gets sick and throws out a mutant variant of the covid that we cant be protected against.

I dont know how to get through to these people but for the US we could try setting up our own conspiracy theory. Hear me out we spread that Covid is a hoax but the vaccine is real not for covid but for the alien invasion. That if they get the vaccine they will be able to be in the resistance vs the aliens and all the liberals who have already been vaccinated. Could work. IDK Ideas?

I dont know how to get through to these people but for the US we could try setting up our own conspiracy theory. Hear me out we spread that Covid is a hoax but the vaccine is real not for covid but for the alien invasion. That if they get the vaccine they will be able to be in the resistance vs the aliens and all the liberals who have already been vaccinated. Could work. IDK Ideas?
Why go to space when you can get what you want right here on earth in the Trump swamp? Just let them know that Trump will definitely become President again if everyone gets the vaccine.

Only one cowering is the banker failing to be Minister for Health, but happy to berate people for following the advice of his dept, happy to sell off whats left of the health service.

129K+ death many avoidable, continuing failed strategies.

Covid Memorial Wall, London

The number of first vaccinations in Germany is the lowest since early February, more than 15 million doses are in stock but not getting used and we’re only at 49% fully vaccinated and 60.9% first dose.

I don’t know what to say that doesn’t involve a lot of :censored:. And with the federal elections in September, I can’t imagine anyone even considering mandatory vaccinations; Merkel’s likely successor (same party) is against it.

I get your point, but we need to make vaccinations mandatory very soon. Evidently (see my previous post), far too many people aren’t bothered to put in even the tiny effort to get an appointment and they’re holding the entire country back. France is currently showing us how to do it.

"What are they shoving? The science?":ROFLMAO:

They really are afraid of someone shoving something metaphorically down their throats so they opt for having something shoved literally and physically down their throats.

*looks around*

Okay, well, I tried :p

Sister Bass is getting tested tomorrow because she's showing some mild symptoms, and she got her second shot 2 weeks ago I think. It takes a day to get the results so she won't know until about 48 hours from now.

Sister Bass is getting tested tomorrow because she's showing some mild symptoms, and she got her second shot 2 weeks ago I think. It takes a day to get the results so she won't know until about 48 hours from now.

*stupid uneducated human*

would the side effects of the vaccine cause a false positive on a covid test?

I know of such a case where antibodies and vaccine caused a false positive. Or so I'm told, but in any case the case (no pun intended) got officially written off by the tracking team. It's as close as I personally have been to the pandemic.

5 weeks into the latest Sydney lockdown, and we just had our highest daily case numbers announced. 172 cases, 60+ of those per day found to be wandering around in the community for their entire infectious period. Fucking fantastic.

We’re still waiting to see how last week’s anti-lockdown protest will affect numbers, because of course there wasn’t a mask in sight.

Last edited:
And we think Australia is upside down.