Covid 19 CRISIS

1630808270304.png

@Momentum57 most scientists disagree with you. If enough people would take the vaccine, covid would become a cold. A non-problem. So it's a choice by society to go for other measures in the name of giving people the right to refuse the vaccine.

Also, nice try to push the doomsday envelope beyond "masks forever".

This is frustrating.
Good thing is that societies can choose different. See the Nordics or even the UK and Brasil, where the vaccine uptake in the Sao Paulo region is 99% of adults.

Germany is now providing covid incidence and hospitalisation numbers for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals separately. The Biden wording of "pandemic of the unvaccinated" stays true.

Edit: To make this absolutely clear - I refuse to believe that in the long term a respiratory virus will dictate what we can and can't do, how we interact with each other. It flies into the face of thousands of years of coexistence between humans and viruses.

Last edited:
Germany is now providing covid incidence and hospitalisation numbers for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals separately. The Biden wording of "pandemic of the unvaccinated" stays true.
:nod: especially the hospital data is very clear:

1630834910121.png

Dashed line, unvaccinated people in hospital per 100k people. Solid line, vax'd people in hospital per 100k people.

"There have been court orders to give patients Ivermectin. If it comes down to me getting a court order to get Ivermectin, I'll be 66 next week, I'll just retire. I'm serious, that's wrong. I'll walk away," Brown continued.

New paper on Delta's impact on vaccine response: Hit is there, but not as big as with Beta. Most importantly: Antibody levels, and thus probably protection, from mRNA vaccines (in this case BioNTech) against Delta are still higher than those of AZ against vanilla covid.

Cases in NSW have been staying around the 1200-1400 per day for the last week. The positive test rate has gone up, as have the numbers of deaths. There are 1151 people in hospital, 192 in ICU and 195 total deaths. 100% of our active cases are Delta.

We're being told that the next few weeks cases will spike, deaths will rise, and the modeling shows ICU will be strained. But we're going to open up anyway. 74.8% of eligible people have had a first vaccine dose, while 41.8% are double dosed.

Cases in NSW have been staying around the 1200-1400 per day for the last week. The positive test rate has gone up, as have the numbers of deaths. There are 1151 people in hospital, 192 in ICU and 195 total deaths. 100% of our active cases are Delta.

We're being told that the next few weeks cases will spike, deaths will rise, and the modeling shows ICU will be strained. But we're going to open up anyway. 74.8% of eligible people have had a first vaccine dose, while 41.8% are double dosed.

Feels like australia caught up rather quickly once you got vaccinations going?

MU sigh I mean I dont want to get MUed.

Work is having a mandatory meeting tomorrow morning about the upcoming vaccine mandate. Supposedly it'll be "either you're vaccinated or you're fired."

Let's see how it goes as there's about 3/4 of the US employees that are seemingly anti-vax.

74.8% of eligible people have had a first vaccine dose, while 41.8% are double dosed.
Of all the people that are eligible at this point, subject to priorization, or of all people the vaccinces are approved for (i. e. everybody from age 12)?

They'll weigh how much they're pro-job.

Depends, yes. I imagine this meeting came up a bit faster because at the moment the Canadian office has shut down the shipping department on account of one person coming to work sick.

Work is having a mandatory meeting tomorrow morning about the upcoming vaccine mandate. Supposedly it'll be "either you're vaccinated or you're fired."

Let's see how it goes as there's about 3/4 of the US employees that are seemingly anti-vax.
Glad your workplace is mandating it. Honestly, more should. It should be as inconvenient as possible to be anti-vax at this point.

MU sigh I mean I dont want to get MUed.
Mu is already dropping again in Europe, can't compete with Delta.
Also it has the same partly immune escaping mutations as Beta, once more emphasizing that covid seems to have only one way to go.
And the best thing? Boosters are in development since Beta showed up.

But of course it fits your narrative well.

Edit: We know that the usual cold coronaviruses manage full antibody escape around every five years. We are almost on the halfway mark there (assuming first covid cases occured in October 2019), and with a "new to the human host" virus like this the early evolution will be accelerated due to some genetic low hanging fruits to pick.
Does this mean lockdowns and masks forever? No, because our immune system adapts as well, as by now dozens of studies show. You get a cold, you move on.
But it once again emphasizes that you can't sit this out until herd immunity. It won't come. Ever. Get your shot or get your immunity from natural infection. That's the only two choices and one has a 90% lower risk of ending up in hospital.

Links to studies proving each point I make here are found upthread. Won't look them up again.

Last edited:
So... my mom and I may have been exposed, don't know for sure just yet. I saw my sister yesterday who had seen a friend of hers last weekend (not this past weekend but the one before) who just tested positive today. Everyone in this equation has been fully vaccinated, so she's going to get a test in a few days and if she's positive then we'll get tested as well. Until then I'm just going to try and self isolate as much as I can and hope for the best.

Really really shit timing because I have critical things going on right now where I can't stay in a bubble. I'm not worried, just pissed off and wondering how hard it would be to make an Outbreak suit from garbage bags and duck tape.

Also a long time family friend just tested positive as well. She's also fully vaccinated but she caught it from her boyfriend (who is not) who got it from one of his grandkids. Everything is fucked up right now.