Covid 19 CRISIS

This is why I wanted to marry the Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo instead. Men do dumb things, man.

A friend of mine got infected with Covid. He was thinking about vaccinating, but still hadn't. He was playing a boardgame with five other people: two unvaccinated, who later developed symptoms, and four vaccinated, who are still negative to the tests.

He is now recovering: his symptoms were light, luckily, and developed 72 hours after contagion. 12 hours before symptoms, he tested negative to a test he had to take to work with public.

Being in Italy, beureaucracy reached new levels of dumb when they sent him to the compulsory Covid-19 test in a centre 10 km from his house instead of the nearest healthcare facility (500 meters). He does not drive, no taxi would carry him and the idea of them sending an ambulance was as far-fetched as winning the lottery. So he had to take the bus... He took all the protections he could, as always, but what the heck...

We asked him if he knows what variant he got, he replied: the dumbass one, as he was finally making up his mind towards the vaccine, but in the end he lost precious time.

Damn. That sucks, especially the part where he had to take the bus with all that. I'm surprised there isn't some kind of home testing option like there is here. IIRC, Austin has a number you can call if you've got no way to get around and need a test.

as he was finally making up his mind towards the vaccine

I don't understand what's to "make your mind up" about. There's this disease going around, and there's a vaccine that'll fix it. A vaccine that they're confident enough in to roll out to the entire planet as fast as they can make it. It's not like I can make a better informed decision on my own regardless how many youtube clips I watch.

I don't understand what's to "make your mind up" about. There's this disease going around, and there's a vaccine that'll fix it. A vaccine that they're confident enough in to roll out to the entire planet as fast as they can make it. It's not like I can make a better informed decision on my own regardless how many youtube clips I watch.

There isn't but there are some people that don't like being told what to do, and when they are told what to do they want to be defiant.

Social pressure and personal character.

I know many people who have not got the vaccine: they are very different. I talked with all of them, but a general mistrust in governmental enforcement of laws, a tendency towards freedom of thoughts and decision and some inner fears about doctors and drugs play the bigger roles.

At the football stadium at the last Raiders game, they offered on-site vaccination. Proof of vaccination was required to enter. That was all it took for SIX THOUSAND people to get their shots. Nothing else did it until then.

At the football stadium at the last Raiders game, they offered on-site vaccination. Proof of vaccination was required to enter. That was all it took for SIX THOUSAND people to get their shots. Nothing else did it until then.
That's amazing... both from a "what it takes to nudge people" and a "well that's pointless" [a fresh jab does nothing to protect you today] perspective.

:blowup:

That's amazing... both from a "what it takes to nudge people" and a "well that's pointless" [a fresh jab does nothing to protect you today] perspective.

:blowup:
On your 2nd note, I agree, but at this point...a win's a win.

And if it's a two-shotter, the odds those 6 thousand people come back are 0. Hopefully it was at least J&J or AZ.

but some protection is better than none I guess.

Well, at the next game they still wouldn't be let in with their incomplete vax card, so it'll be fine if they're regulars.
hahaha, fair point. :)

I know people that want the vaccine, bit haven't made a point (pun intended) to get out and get it. Nevermind that it's available on every street corner. So if they arrived someplace that required a shot, and was available at said location, they make take the opportunity to get vaccinated.

I know people that want the vaccine, bit haven't made a point (pun intended) to get out and get it. Nevermind that it's available on every street corner. So if they arrived someplace that required a shot, and was available at said location, they make take the opportunity to get vaccinated.
Every pharmacy here has signage noting "free covid and flu vaccines, no appointment necessary."

Every pharmacy here has signage noting "free covid and flu vaccines, no appointment necessary."
True, but if meeting people where they're going to go anyway for fun is what it takes, I'm here for it.