Covid 19 CRISIS

Today work sent out the "the October 15th vaccination deadline is approaching." As well as a side message to myself and the managers/service schedulers of other North American offices saying they need the schedule. I assume this is because most if not the entirety of US service techs with this company are refusing to get vaccinated.

All that will happen is the techs may be let go, but they will easily find work somewhere else. Blue collar type jobs don't care so much and while this job has some blue collar work, it's intermixed with white collar type work and of course it being a european based company changes things.

What's it pay and do I have to work out of Chicago? ?
Low 30s to high 20s an hour, and expect to be out of town Monday-Friday. It’s preferred to work out of this office or the Atlanta location, but not required I don’t think.

swdmqlo20vr71.png

...but also "in absolute numbers, not by share of population".

...but also "in absolute numbers, not by share of population".
Regardless. With the stuff we know now, how to protect against things that kill us, we still haven’t learned anything.

Germany just announced that the vaccination rate may be "up to 5% higher" than previously thought. of course this would put Germany fair and square in the "top vaccinated countries who are mostly done with covid" camp, which would be great news indeed. It would also explain why Germany is doing a lot better than experts estimated in bracing the autumn wave.

But what really shocks me is that they don't know. We are talking about almost 10 million doses difference (83*0,05*2=8,3). With government central procurement of vaccines, this is not an amount of doses that just goes under churn. That's major.

But what really shocks me is that they don't know. We are talking about almost 10 million doses difference (83*0,05*2=8,3). With government central procurement of vaccines, this is not an amount of doses that just goes under churn. That's major.
yeah that sorta tells you a lot more about the state of our administration than you really want to know, doesn't it... :|

Even the statement from the RKI as per the news is basically just a set of assumptions and conclusions drawn from those assumptions, but hard data is missing.

yeah that sorta tells you a lot more about the state of our administration than you really want to know, doesn't it... :|

1633703190118.gif

Oh great, they're back.

1634081198249.png

Yes, that is a group of anti-vaxxers protesting out front of the local Hospital. Good good.

I'd say it's time to start hauling manure in an open trailer...very slowly, but then again, there's a good chance some of them don't have their sense of smell.

I'd say it's time to start hauling manure in an open trailer...very slowly, but then again, there's a good chance some of them don't have their sense of smell.

As I was stuck at the red traffic light, I held up my finger to them and made eye contact with an old women who was standing there. Probably did nothing but it sure felt good at the time.

I asked a pharmacy about getting a booster for myself today, I told them I'm only 37 and while I don't work in healthcare I am the sole caregiver for Mama Bass who's very very high risk, so I wanted a booster just to help protect her. It's a good thing I'm still overweight, though I have slimmed down considerably, because that qualifies me for one. I'll probably get jabbed in the next few days, and hopefully they approve a Moderna booster soon so she can get one as well.