Covid 19 CRISIS

For some reason I was put on the invite for another covid conference call. It was a reiteration of the policy going in. It's simply put as this: Doctor or religious leader's note, negative test every Monday morning by 9AM eastern time, or send proof of vaccination. By November 30th you must be vaccinated or provide a reasonable exemption for your position needing to be changed to accommodate. If a position cannot be found for you to work and a religious exemption is not found, there's the door.

One guy who was "speaking for everyone here" was in tears about losing his job because he needs to provide for his family. Apparently he doesn't realize there's a worker shortage and every company especially service in industrial equipment needs techs so badly. So if you find another employer that doesn't require proof, go find that. This guy even threatened that he'll go somewhere else. Great! Move on!

The problem is, this is all been so politicized and most of these guys that aren't vaccinated are Bible thumpers and referred to it multiple times. One guy goes "So if I provide you with a bible, is that enough proof?" *sigh*

I can't anymore.

I asked a pharmacy about getting a booster for myself today, I told them I'm only 37 and while I don't work in healthcare I am the sole caregiver for Mama Bass who's very very high risk, so I wanted a booster just to help protect her. It's a good thing I'm still overweight, though I have slimmed down considerably, because that qualifies me for one. I'll probably get jabbed in the next few days, and hopefully they approve a Moderna booster soon so she can get one as well.

Looks like it'll be soon.

The problem is, this is all been so politicized and most of these guys that aren't vaccinated are Bible thumpers and referred to it multiple times. One guy goes "So if I provide you with a bible, is that enough proof?" *sigh*
Not to mention politics being religicized / religion being politicized.

The click-bait is strong with that channel. GRILLS = 3 hour mostly rational conversation. :lmao:

My favorite video title: "Dems PANIC as suburban women go back to brunch"
Yes, the title is sorta/kinda click-bait. I say sorta/kinda because they are specifically talking about CNN's horse dewormer claims which Gupta says that CNN should not have said. Mind you, those same claims were repeated in this thread some weeks ago as truth.

However, I am glad that it was 3 hours of rational conversation.

People keep saying that they are tired of this issue being politicized but then claim that anyone who doesn't agree with their position is either an uninformed,"tin-head" wearing, anti-vaxxer, selfish nutcase, who is going to die from not being vaccinated or is an uninformed, anti-freedom, selfish nutcase, who is going to die from being vaccinated.

Point being, get out of your echo chambers.

Yes, the title is sorta/kinda click-bait. I say sorta/kinda because they are specifically talking about CNN's horse dewormer claims which Gupta says that CNN should not have said. Mind you, those same claims were repeated in this thread some weeks ago as truth.
Did I miss something? Ivermectin still does not work. That it is not only used to deworm horses, but also to kill parasited (not viruses) in humans is completely beside the point.

What provenly works against covid is:
  • Vaccination (prevention)
  • Monoclonal antibodies (prevention and treatment)
  • Remdesivir (treatment, minor effect as it has to be given as an IV drip)
  • Molnupiravir (not approved yet, study data not published yet, seems to keep most if not all people out of an ICU)
  • Non-medical interventions (masks, social distancing, etc)
What does not work:
  • Anything else.

Last edited:
Did I miss something? Ivermectin still does not work. End of story.

What provenly works against covid is:
  • Vaccination (prevention)
  • Monoclonal antibodies (prevention and treatment)
  • Remdesivir (treatment, minor effect as it has to be given as an IV drip)
  • Molnupiravir (not approved yet, study data not published yet)
  • Non-medical interventions (masks, social distancing, etc)
What does not work:
  • Anything else.
My point there wasn't whether Ivermectin is effective or not. My point was that CNN and other news outlets claimed that he was using a horse dewormer to prove their point. This was a lie. They could have said "Joe Rogan is using Ivermectin which is shown to be ineffective against COVID." But no, they go to an extreme and say that he was using a horse dewormer. Why? Because they knew everyone would focus on and repeat that part. And that is what people did.

Last edited:
NSW is gradually exiting lockdown!

Those of us who are double-jabbed, have been under relaxed restrictions since Monday October 11. Shops, schools and gyms are opening if you can show proof of vax or exemption. Looking to hit 80% double dosed by this weekend, when more restrictions will be relaxed.
Unvaxxed people are supposed to be staying at home until December 1, but as if that's likely to happen. they're already trying their luck in places that aren't checking, and essential retail, which they're allowed into.

It was also announced today that as of November 1, NSW will allow *EDIT*: double vaccinated, overseas arrivals in, without any quarantine requirements at all. Yet Sydney residents aren't allowed into regional areas, which are still well behind the vaccination targets of the cities.

Our new Premier wouldn't be out of place in Texas government, such are his views. Oh, and he's also decided that Auslan interpreters aren't necessary at all their press conferences anymore, because why would deaf people need to know anything.

There's also this absolute fuckwit in Queensland that thinks her Ph.D in whatever (not medical), means that she should be able to write exemption letters for people regarding, vaccines, quarantine and mask wearing. She's apparently also been charging $600 a letter...

Last edited:
My point there wasn't whether Ivermectin is effective or not. My point was that CNN and other news outlets claimed that he was using a horse dewormer to prove their point. This was a lie. They could have said "Joe Rogan is using Ivermectin which is shown to be ineffective against COVID." But no, they go to an extreme and say that he was using a horse dewormer. Why? Because they knew everyone would focus on and repeat that part. And that is what people did.

I agree with his point. Make fun of the people literally going to livestock supply stores and buying/consuming horse dewormer, and complaining about how the apple one tastes really bad, and that's fair game. But saying he was taking horse dewormer is a bit like if CNN started reporting you are feeding and bathing your children with nuclear reactor coolant (water).

like if CNN started reporting you are feeding and bathing your children with nuclear reactor coolant (water).
I see a huge potential for coercing (pre)pubescent teens into taking regular showers and drinking water here! It’s genius I tell you!

You know when you've been taught, your entire life, to not trust the government because they're lying sacks of ***? Now they're telling you to take a vaccine. Of course you'll refuse.

FBux7V9WECE_bFK

For some reason I was put on the invite for another covid conference call. It was a reiteration of the policy going in. It's simply put as this: Doctor or religious leader's note, negative test every Monday morning by 9AM eastern time, or send proof of vaccination. By November 30th you must be vaccinated or provide a reasonable exemption for your position needing to be changed to accommodate. If a position cannot be found for you to work and a religious exemption is not found, there's the door.

One guy who was "speaking for everyone here" was in tears about losing his job because he needs to provide for his family. Apparently he doesn't realize there's a worker shortage and every company especially service in industrial equipment needs techs so badly. So if you find another employer that doesn't require proof, go find that. This guy even threatened that he'll go somewhere else. Great! Move on!

I can't anymore.
I know I've got a more open workplace and generally give fewer craps about speaking up, but someone definitely should've corrected that guy and said "excuse me, you don't speak for everyone here."

^^^And point to that, or any number of other religious leaders who've told their followers it's un-Christian to be a walking virus vector in the middle of a deadly pandemic. I know there are some churches that are still off the deep end about this, but yeah.

I'm also a big fan of what this Arkansas hospital did to weed out the BS on that, though. Ask for a specific reason why they're opting out, and if it's tied to fetal cell lines, fine—you can't use aspirin and a bunch of other common meds developed in similar ways, either. Get caught popping a Tums after lunch = ya hosed. Clear sign that it wasn't about belief.

---------

Meanwhile, in Texas: At least a few at the state level are still consistent with their limited-government/pro-business schtick, I guess—and in this case, thank goodness. This was government overreach at its dumbest. https://www.texastribune.org/2021/1...-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Last edited:

I'm not at all surprised. What I will be amazed is if they nut up and don't prolong the cutoff point again when November 30th rolls around.

I'm not at all surprised. What I will be amazed is if they nut up and don't prolong the cutoff point again when November 30th rolls around.
So, so, so relevant, so often lately: