Covid 19 CRISIS

Interesting.

But the idea of eradicating covid has gone out of the window months ago, with the spread of Delta latest.

German covid pope and WHO expert Christian Drosten put up a very realistic and not scary to me scenario in an interview yesterday. According to him, basically we all will go through four or five infections with covid until our immune system will be able to fully handle it like the four other coronaviruses already circulating. He goes as far as saying that breakthrough infections after vaccination are necessary to train our immune system for future vaccine escape variants.
Due to science being amazing, we can replace the first two or three infections with vaccine shots, leading to us not dying but only getting a cold once we get an actual infection.

Nevertheless, due to the shockingly low vaccination rate in Germany (under 90% even in over-60s) he expects another 100.000 covid deaths in Germany before the pandemic is over if people don't get vaccinated in large numbers immediately.

He goes as far as saying that breakthrough infections after vaccination are necessary to train our immune system for future vaccine escape variants.
Cool, so I'm already ahead! :bangin:

Nevertheless, due to the shockingly low vaccination rate in Germany (under 90% even in over-60s) he expects another 100.000 covid deaths in Germany before the pandemic is over if people don't get vaccinated in large numbers immediately.
At least my employer announced already that as soon as they're allowed to, they will open up the company vaccination centre again (it's a room usually used for ping pong with two company docs inside lol) and start boosters... currently expected in January :|

I had my first encounter with a genuine covid “sceptic” today. God, these people are exhausting!

Won’t stop talking, will quote a bunch of internet anecdotes, names some of Germany’s most universally disproven conspiracy fabulists as her sources, talks about the tewwibble, tewwibble risks of vaccinations… and all I could think of while being unable to get away from her was “How do I make this woman doubt her own convictions?”
My company has just sent an e-mail to all couriers telling us that from later this month, only the fully vaccinated will be considered for any medical transports. They’ve finally had enough of finding out where a test is still enough to enter another country. :clap:

Errrbody is fed up with it, doesn't mean the virus is gone, but people are fed up with it.

I myself and fed up with the half assery that goes on.

Yay indeed for the "muh freedumbz" people and our politicians. :wall: It would be bad enough if they were simply incompetent, but we're getting so much more from the current bunch.

Last edited:
Yay indeed for the "muh freedumbz" people and our politicians. :wall: It would be bad enough if they were simply incompetent, but we're getting so much more from the current bunch.

Disney has made a requirement that all children 5 and above on it's cruise ships are vaccinated. It joins all major cruise lines in vaccination requirements that Florida had previously outlawed that was overturned by the courts. Meanwhile Gov Desantis is signing more Anti-Vaccination laws.

Sooo Austria is going for compulsory vaccinations for basically everyone from February. Ballsy move. would not have expected them to have the cojones. Let’s see who follows…

edit: a word.

Last edited:
I've booster'd. Still not 100% sure that was the right thing to do on an international scale, but they're here and seem to be effective so far, so I might as well take advantage of it given that Texas is The Dirty Place with this and I've got to be extra careful with holidays coming up.

I keep playing with the little sore-bump on my arm. Nothing serious; just the usual sore spot from a vaccine going into the muscle. Poke. Poke. Pokepokepoke. Poke. Poke.

Sooo Austria is going for compulsory vaccinations for basically everyone from February. Ballsy move. would not have expected them to have the cojones. Let’s see who follows…

edit: a word.
Who's taking bets whether Germany will do so or opt for more lockdown instead? :)

I doubt that the US will do another lockdown but I know that regionally it should be on the table. I think Germany will end up sympathetic to Austria's lockdown and follow. I don't know what will shock people to taking care of themselves.

In Denver's sprawl we had a tri-counry health. Three counties merged their heath department years ago to save money. Douglas county left tri-health because of mask. The school was the primary driver of discontent as Douglas county residents did not want their children masked like Denver students. Currently, Denver has about a third of schools with outbreaks of 3 or more. Douglas county has half of schools with outbreaks of 8 or more.

Its not just mask that protect but I'd wager when you pull mask out of the equation people fall flat on other precautions.

I disagree that lockdowns should be on the table. You are essentially punishing the vaccinated in that case, severely undermining the messaging about the vaccines and causing unnecessary complications for small business owners and members of the service industry. At this stage in availability of vaccination, nothing apart from a mask mandate and requiring vaccination cards (or the equivalent for people that honestly, truly cannot get vaccinated) for travel or large gatherings should be considered, and even then, I would make the argument only on locations where you still have a large number of people unvaccinated.

Renegging on "Pandemic of the unvaccinated" would be rather an unfortunate mistake at this point. I do agree on the mask being a good indicator of getting sloppy on other precautions. even I have had some frankly irritating moments of catching myself not keeping proper distancing or being mindful of my mask a couple of times. I can't imagine how often that would happen if I didn't give a shit.