Covid 19 CRISIS

Vaccine mandates for health workers are blocked for now.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

I just got the email that my work is suspending their mandate.. but also not suspending having to give consent for vaccine status or providing an exemption. The reasoning is they may be required to provide that immediately depending on the court ruling. It's important to note that this blocks the federal enforcement of this, but doesn't appear to prevent employers from having their own vaccine mandates.

btw the only time ive brought up President Biden in this thread has been to criticize him.
[...]
AND WHAT POLITICAL PARTY ARE YOU AFFILIATED WITH?
After you somehow read my "we may disagree on some factual points, but this is mostly about communication" post as something that has to be replied to with a cynical reaction GIF, let me only get back to you on this.

I did not talk about party affiliation. I called you a "liberal", which in general describes a mindset. This has nothing to do with how you rate Biden (or Trump) or who you vote for. You assume it to be about that because your thinking is US-centric, and you assume that we share these categories when clearly we don't.

Again, this is not an insult, or an accusation. It's on observation why you are being misunderstood by a lot of people on this forums.

Last edited:
Returning to our regular programming, Derek Lowe weighs in on Molnupiravir.

Basically, given that Merck has no explanation for why the new efficacy data is so much lower, he wonders whether this is even the bottom line - or if it will drop further. And given the risks to pregnant women, and the monetary cost of the treatment, and so on, he questions whether the cost might not outweigh the benefits. BUT he also points towards the fact that a "new mutations being created by the drug" scenario is basically impossible.

Let's hope the Pfizer's targeted covid antiviral (preliminary readout at 85%+) will deliver.

Last edited:
After you somehow read my "we may disagree on some factual points, but this is mostly about communication" post as something that has to be replied to with a cynical reaction GIF

Same thing every time I make a prediction you call me cynical and more names I call you out on it you get defensive and try to gaslight that you never meant offense.

I predict it will all repeat itself. Vaccinations are slowing, people are getting lackadaisical with mask, and infection is growing. Covid is new normal.

You're right, it is a loop. At some point you will once again post unintelligible nonsense and when we point it out, or indeed if we say anything critical about it, you will react by throwing a fit or, if we're lucky, with a gif of someone throwing a tantrum and then not letting it go.

Can we move on now? We already had.

I shall have Honduran data for all of you who love charts and comparative data in the coming days. Good news, we're no longer the country with the least amount of vaccinations in the region.

You're right, it is a loop. At some point you will once again post unintelligible nonsense and when we point it out, or indeed if we say anything critical about it, you will react by throwing a fit or, if we're lucky, with a gif of someone throwing a tantrum and then not letting it go.

Been called cynicial for saying we will be getting boosters since January of 2021
for saying that increased travel by vaccinated would spread the virus in March of 2021

It was said that I need psychosocial help for a prediction I stand by:

I think this time next year life will be more back to normal in US enough that the virus will be ripping through the population.

Look back at it in April of 2022

Every realistic assumption I pose i get called names on it so yes
seinfeld-devil.gif

sure im the devil

I could point out how all these "predictions" did only partly/for the us/with a selective reading of data came through, and we are, albeit a lot more slowly than I like, had hoped, and had estimated, working outself out of the vicious circle.

But I am too tired. Too tired to discuss, too tired to look up facts, too tired to argue, too tired of your fucking self righteous posts and condescending gifs. No gaslighting here, I am pissed off and frustrated and this cycle ends here.

As much as I fear it will hurt this community as a whole, your doomsday "predictions" (the word alone screams grandeur) shall stay uncommented.

I am too busy getting hammered unmasked in a packed bar with a crap punk band playing after showing my koronapassi. And still I am not a COVID denying republican, cause these categories do not exist here.

Last edited:
Seen before you: a microcosm of the problems with self-moderation and politics ending up where they shouldn't belong :p

Yup, that's the mother fucking "Show Me State" right there for you. Parson is an anal fissure that's become septic.

Also, omicron is officially in town! https://www.kmov.com/news/missouri-...e-11ec-843c-af70ff37dd53.html?block_id=990844

People are fed up with more lockdowns.
Unlike you, I can’t speak for “people”, but I’ve been annoyed by the restrictions since they started. I don’t choose to riot over the issue, though.

odysee.com
Yikes!

You might want to consider other platforms.

Unlike you, I can’t speak for “people”, but I’ve been annoyed by the restrictions since they started. I don’t choose to riot over the issue, though.

Yikes!

You might want to consider other platforms.
The protesters are people, and I agree with those people as far as against another lockdown, I never claim they are the majority of people. I'm not saying burning cars or setting fires are the right way to protest.

As far as Oddysee, they are a free(er) speech platform that allows content like this. They are pro-free speech, not pro-Nazi. Big Tech companies will censor any video against their narrative.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As far as Oddysee, they are a free(er) speech platform that allows content like this. Big Tech companies will censor any video against their narrative.
Ah. I wasn't aware you were going for truthiness rather than facts. Just let us know when Big Tech infects you, gives you life-threatening viral pneumonia and leaves you weak and exhausted for months, if not until the end of your days, and we'll know that deleting "alternative facts" about COVID is as bad as spreading COVID.

They are pro-free speech, not pro-Nazi.
They're evidently not anti-Nazi, which IMHO is a very low bar to clear.

This is going to be one of the more interesting debates over this decade.

Social networks and video platform services are private companies and, as such, can do whatever the hell they want with regards to moderating their content (see new Twitter CEO's Parag Agrawal quote: "The kinds of things that we do about this is, focus less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed.") However, there is also an argument to be made that these sorts of online platforms have become so large and so pervasive that they basically act as "public spaces", which may cause moderation efforts to be perceived (correctly or otherwise) as efforts to make the platform an arbiter of truth.

On the other hand, even on a public space the cops are going to remove the crazy person speaking to the group if he pulls his tackle out and begins foaming at the mounth. On the other other hand algorithms designed to create engagement want to make sure you watch it, even if it makes you angry enough for your health to suffer, or so that you end up somehow thinking pulling your own out and foaming is the correct thing to do.

None of this is related to COVID, but I am always interested to see where this conversation goes. It's one of those that has no easy answer.

Yes. It’s frightening when you think about the power that a handful of companies have these days. And all of them are based in the US, no less.