Covid 19 CRISIS

Yeah they're doing the same here. If you're asymptomatic, even as a close contact - go to work, it's fine.
If you're symptomatic, stay home for 7 days. If you're asymptomatic on day 6, you're allowed out after 7 days, and no test required.

Mum had friends here for her birthday, and they've all tested positive since then. I'm certain that she will pop a positive shortly as well, as she gets tested every second day for dialysis, but the results are a week behind the tests.

I'm also thinking it was probably me that they got it from, despite me staying the hell away, and leaving as quickly as possible. The driver that tested positive at work, and I, are both back to normal now.

people just not giving a shit: neighbours have it, dad & son, mom doesn't. Nonetheless, dad & son constantly out and about playing outside, running around. Quarantine where?
Even in Germany, quarantine does not mean "stay locked into your apartment", but "stay away from other people", so if they don't mingle with others it's perfectly fine to play outside.

In the bigger picture, the whole quarantine thing has to somehow find a balance between keeping the most likely carriers at home and still having enough people out and about to keep society running.
Given the amount of undertesting and undetected Omicron running around, I think a model of "if you have symptoms, stay at home" instead of formal quarantine would be the most logical thing to use. People PCR-test positive for a longer period than they are actually infective (up to three weeks) so making release from quarantine reliant on a negative test is pure stupidity. This holds true especially since with covid/Omicron here to stay we need to find a way to live with covid mid-to-long-term, so making requirements stricter is not the right direction...

I think taking away any accountability, like needing a negative RAT to exit quarantine (since you have to report a positive RAT now), and relying on people to 'do the right thing' is just asking for trouble, because if anything, the last 2 years have shown, people don't give a rats (pun intended) about anyone else and will not follow directions.

According to the University College London, less than 7% of people can transmit COVID on day 5 after infection. So any testing after the quarantine period is a waste of time and resources.

Heh. Despite a positive PCR test Mrs Noodle just took one of those ‘fast’ tests (for shits and giggles) and tested negative. So one of the tests is wrong….Thinking logically the PCR one should be more accurate, which would indicate she does have it.

If so, whats the point of these ‘quick’ tests? Or is that because omicron is harder to detect?

Heh. Despite a positive PCR test Mrs Noodle just took one of those ‘fast’ tests (for shits and giggles) and tested negative. So one of the tests is wrong….Thinking logically the PCR one should be more accurate, which would indicate she does have it.

If so, whats the point of these ‘quick’ tests? Or is that because omicron is harder to detect?
Rapid tests are good at detecting large amounts of virus, bad at detecting small amounts.
PCR is in principle capable of detecting amounts so small that they're not a problem, which is why labs tend to cap their test runs at some "still relevant amounts" point.

tl;dr: PCR > *

https://www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus/wie-verhalte-ich-mich/in-der-haeuslichen-quarantaene/ does say "stay in your apartment":
"Die eigene Wohnung darf während dieser Zeit nicht verlassen werden und es darf kein Besuch empfangen werden."
Okay, I stand corrected. So Germany is an even more inhumane shithole than I thought, especially for people with kids staying inside for -what is it currently? 10 days? Two weeks? Is close to torture.

I maintain that being outside by yourself is not harmful for public health and not akin to "not giving a fuck".

So that’s basically „rules are ok as long as i agree with them and they make sense to me, otherwise it’s fine to break them“? 🤦‍♂️ Slippery slope if you ask me…

So Germany is an even more inhumane shithole than I thought, especially for people with kids staying inside for -what is it currently? 10 days? Two weeks? Is close to torture.
You know as well as I do that people would exploit a “going outside, strictly on your own, is fine” faster than you can say “unenforceable”. You would literally have to have police in the streets asking for papers if you wanted to stop infected idiots meeting others.

You know as well as I do that people would exploit a “going outside, strictly on your own, is fine” faster than you can say “unenforceable”. You would literally have to have police in the streets asking for papers if you wanted to stop infected idiots meeting others.
This is what I call the "only in Germany" phenomenon - what you describe as a hellhole of people exploiting loopholes and OMG so much COVID spread and unenforceable worked very well in countries like Finland through the whole pandemic.
So basically, what you say is that Germans are the worst, most awful, untrustworthy people in the world.

This is what I call the "only in Germany" phenomenon - what you describe as a hellhole of people exploiting loopholes and OMG so much COVID spread and unenforceable worked very well in countries like Finland through the whole pandemic.
So basically, what you say is that Germans are the worst, most awful, untrustworthy people in the world.

Or, people are people wherever they are? WTF?

Here's the UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-someone-who-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19
"If you are informed by NHS Test and Trace that you are a contact of someone who has had a positive LFD or PCR test result for COVID-19, you are legally required to *stay at home*"

just going to note the obvious "could be worse" from the free-for-all hellhole full of and run by selfish buttholes over here

I don’t know who pissed in your coffee, but that is not at all what I am saying. But enough of this.
No I am just trying to figure out why "you are not allowed to get in contact with others" without a stay at home order works elsewhere without people abusing the system.

No I am just trying to figure out why "you are not allowed to get in contact with others" without a stay at home order works elsewhere without people abusing the system.

Population density perhaps?

Helsinki region (Uusimaa) is on a trajectory of -10% daily cases, with the decline slightly picking up speed towards the end of the week...