Covid 19 CRISIS

not bad.jpg

1650033484441.png

I just vacuumed and tidied up the car a bit and decided to bin the stash of disposable face masks I’ve been keeping in the car. Felt good. Then I spot my neighbors taking the trash out, both masked up. To each their own, but come on.

I just vacuumed and tidied up the car a bit and decided to bin the stash of disposable face masks I’ve been keeping in the car. Felt good. Then I spot my neighbors taking the trash out, both masked up. To each their own, but come on.

IMHO, masks only serve a purpose outside when there are lots of people in one area.

THL (Finnish health authority) removed the mask recommendation, fucking finally.

Got two nice further links open on my home laptop, will update later.

THL (Finnish health authority) removed the mask recommendation, fucking finally.

Not my region. They’re still recommending them, pointing out that they protect against the common flu and whatever. I don’t care anymore though.

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.41.17 AM.png

Seems like we're faring pretty well here, too, thank goodness. I'm ready to move on, dammit. I'm back to farting around with my cars and wearing dangly earrings on occasion that don't play well with mask straps.

Interesting data, TBH—Travis County is in a pale spot on a few of those maps, but then again, folks were generally good about taking this mess seriously here.

The Honduran elderly are now encouraged to go and receive a fourth vaccine dose.

Any other country doing this, and what are the results?

The Honduran elderly are now encouraged to go and receive a fourth vaccine dose.

Any other country doing this, and what are the results?

It's encouraged here in the US for certain people, yes, but not just a blanket "elderly" recommendation.

Specifically:
  • immunocompromised individuals
  • people over the age of 50 who received an initial booster dose at least 4 months ago
  • adults who received a primary vaccine and booster dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months ago

An update from my local favorite club/concert venue. Worth a read, I think.
19-Apr-2022 (Tue)Wherein we surrender unconditionally to the coronavirus.

We deeply regret to inform you that we are no longer requiring proof of vaccination to enter DNA Lounge.

"I wish the nightlife community would come together and have consistent vaccination policies."
"Wait, no, not like that."

My money is we're going to see mandates reinstated within a month here in IL, meanwhile the GOP in Missouri will probably start suing any store that dares to implement one.

Meanwhile, counties where COVID is not a partisan political shitshow like those in Southern and Northern Europe are doing well without mask mandates or recommendations...

Do keep in mind that that's a relative illness risk meter and it's not actually counting deaths, as far as I can tell. just infections per 100k. In post-vaccination, post-booster times, this means pretty much nothing. may as well keep a record of how likely it's that you'll hit a pothole while driving.

Not that the aforementioned partisan political shitshow makes this easily observable fact...easier to observe. the lack of measure also means you have to be apparently "ALL RESTRICTIONS OR WE'LL ALL DIE" or "COUGH INTO MY MOUTH LET'S GO!", and any deviation from one or the other categorizes you for easy dismissal by the nebulous group of people whose opinions you really shouldn't give a shit about.

Sociology and psychology professors should be having a field day with this.

Last edited:
Still no mask mandate here. The OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE BA.5-driven "summer wave" came and went in South Africa and Portugal without a need for new measures or mandates.

Here we go again. BA.5 already moved through South Africa and Portugal. Cases peaked at about half of the OG Omicron wave and are back to before BA.5 level now.

Also, I thought BA 2.75 would be the new scary shit...