COVID19 lockdown silver lining: A new Cannonball Run record

How do you not get locked up averaging 106mph, must have spent considerable period way in excess of that.

Don't these like kind of dubious records as they screw things up for everyone else.

But Motor Authority think they are champions.

Could they be in trouble for breaking lockdowns in most of the states they went through?

Scumballers and hoons take part in illegal racing, which can damage reputation of real motorsport which do things by the book and respecting the law. Problem is some people don't understand the difference and sometime there is crossover between the two. Some of the energy drinks push beyond the edge in regard to this.

Ordinary people have been killed on some of those Cannonball Run style events.

In Europe for example there are many countries where there are illegal cruises and street racing. The motor clubs trying to organize proper events, rallies or hillclimbs etc, can have difficulty getting permits and sponsors because of the chaos the idiots have caused in the area.

Last edited:
How do you not get locked up averaging 106mph, must have spent considerable period way in excess of that.
Obvious answer - by not getting caught
Could they be in trouble for breaking lockdowns in most of the states they went through?
Again with the getting caught thing but also aside from a couple of counties our lockdowns don’t really spread to individuals, like I can go for a drive or take my kids to a park just can’t go hang out with a bunch of people.
In Europe for example there are many countries where there are illegal cruises
How can a cruise be illegal?

Last edited:
Obvious answer - by not getting caught

Again with the getting caught thing but also aside from a couple of counties our lockdowns don’t really spread to individuals, like I can go for a drive or take my kids to a park just can’t go hang out with a bunch of people.

How can a cruise be illegal?
Well the car is post on the internet, so can't be hard to track it down. CCTV at gas stations would be a place to start.

Cruise can be illegal if they take over a private carpark, break numerous road traffic and public order laws, some are just looking for trouble. Have at times turned into riots when the cops try to spoil the fun. Also the people who live near usually get really upset when they are kept awake most of the night by shower of idiots. Some of them do hundered mile road races at the drop of a hat.

A cruise is great if its run properly, some don't have the brains or inclination to do that.

Is this car Nugget referenced in the first post?

Clever how each car is silver or white. Perfect.

there is a reason alex roy waited 10 years before releasing the DVD of his run...

Another Covid attempt:

A Saab on the Cannonball? I never saw that coming. I guess they went with a model that most US cops wouldn't be able to call out.