CR-Z Si: why would this not work?

Regrettably, as I'm learning, it's hard to have that sort of self-restraint when you have a K20 and a 6MT ;)

I thought about adding that part too, I agree :lol:

Weak automatic transmissions that Honda has still not addressed a decade on come to mind...

They last until they're out of warranty, and that's all that matters. :p

That said, Honda's half-assing it is still better than a lot of companies' best efforts. On the other hand, it isn't as good as it could be. See the neglected NSX, see the interior adhesives that start coming apart at 150K on the dot, etc., etc.

My mom's civic slushbox lasted all the way to 206k with nothing more than basic maintenance...the shifter at one time got really hard to shift due to some linkage issue, but the transmission itself changed gears smoothly as long as we had it.

(Car was sold at that point)

I wonder how long it'll take for someone to put a J37 (Acura RL/TL) in the trunk...

Assuming you could overcome the horrendous weight distribution, that's a 300hp engine in a ~3000lb MR car... and that's 0.2 hp/lb better than the NSX.

i'm gonna have to agree with the other members about not putting SH-AWD in small car like the CR-Z. even as a front-wheel drive, putting the K20 with a 6 speed in the CR-Z would be an incredible handling machine. almost "Lotus-like" in a sense?

i know i'm not the only one thinking this too, but i always felt that Honda dropped the ball when developing the CR-Z. it should of never of been a hybrid and with them still producing the K20, i would of thought the choice would of been obvious. but that's what happens when eco-mentalist have a say on how cars should be.