Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

No, I didn't. I'm assuming it is a lie.

Even if it isn't, one salty winter is all it takes to start the process and make working on it miserable.

The point at which the BS sensor goes 'BING! GAME OVER' is this: "Only rust is minimal on rockers. (have a set of new ones)" Southern Tauri simply do not rust there at this age, let alone rust out enough to need replacement.

Last edited:
That is why it would need to be inspected. It doesn't automatically end the discussion.

See revisions above. Considering he can get better far closer to him than that, I would think it does end the discussion

Cougar wagon - again

Cougar wagon - again

Stopped today and talked to the guy with the Cougar wagon. One owner from new to last year - the guy died and left it to his grandson who didn't want it. Put it on Craigslist and the guy down the road from me bought it. Current plans are to drop a 347 SB Ford and manual trans into it this winter if it doesn't sell. It's a V6 automatic and spent most of its life around Elizabethtown, KY.

Car has around 80k miles on it. I couldn't find any rust-through on the body, but I also couldn't see under it for the grass. The seller says it runs and drives very well - he's taken it to several car shows this year despite the rear bumper alignment and a primer spot on the tailgate. The battery is dead, so we couldn't start it (I was on my way to a meeting and didn't have time to wait for him to jump it.) After looking at it again, I think a proper clean-up would go a long way toward making it presentable.

The seller says he "will take" $2,500 for it. His name is Mark and his phone number is 740-534-2448. The car is located on SR 243, just south-east of Ironton, Ohio - that's in the far south of the state, near where Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia come together.

SL

Last edited:
Stopped today and talked to the guy with the Cougar wagon. One owner from new to last year - the guy died and left it to his grandson who didn't want it. Put it on Craigslist and the guy down the road from me bought it. Current plans are to drop a 347 SB Ford and manual trans into it this winter if it doesn't sell. It's a V6 automatic and spent most of its life around Elizabethtown, KY.

Car has around 80k miles on it. I couldn't find any rust-through on the body, but I also couldn't see under it for the grass. The seller says it runs and drives very well - he's taken it to several car shows this year despite the rear bumper alignment and a primer spot on the tailgate. The battery is dead, so we couldn't start it (I was on my way to a meeting and didn't have time to wait for him to jump it.) After looking at it again, I think a proper clean-up would go a long way toward making it presentable.

The seller says he "will take" $2,500 for it. His name is Mark and his phone number is 740-534-2448. The car is located on SR 243, just north of Ironton, Ohio - that's in the far south of the state, near where Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia come together.

SL

Thanks for the footwork, SL. I will put it in the running as a contender. I just keep gravitating back towards the Volvo for some reason...

Edit: Could someone help me with some rep for SL. Seems I need to spread some more rare Fox wagons...

Quick edit to last post... I think I'm losing my marbles!
SR 243 is SOUTH-EAST of Ironton :?

Also repped. If it doesn't sell, please keep us updated with the 347 swap if possible. That sounds like an incredible project. Do you know if he plans to keep it looking stock? It would make one hell of a sleeper.