Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Wrong color. :p

Wagon is cool but, driving a yellow and white box makes me hate yellow cars.

20 grand seems cheap if the claims are true. Usually these people want nearly 50 grand.

I haven’t seen a good low-ish mile one for less than $15k.

GRtak;n3547939 said:

I really don't get stuff like this. Wouldn't it have been worth more as a complete Beetle?

GRtak;n3547939 said:

Reminds me of a Malibu wagon one of our racers just bought. Wagon, V8, posi-trac, 4-speed. Very cool, unmolested car. He plans to drive it on nice days and leave it be.

GRtak;n3547939 said:

Not sure what to think on this one. It's a neat car and in restorable condition, but I guess these cars just don't bring money.

Was mostly just adding to your list of oddities and weird stuff. The Beetle definitely files that bill. Yes, it would probably worth more as a plain Beetle. It might also be worth more as a pile of parts...

That is the same platform as the Malibu that generation. I know somebody that built a drag racer out of a Malibu like that, and it performs admirably.

I always liked that style Century(that platform really), used to be a billboard on the edge of the Flint area that featured one. I also got to see the actual Indy Pace car at the Buick headquarters years later and it reignited my interest in them.

Last edited:
Damn... lots of good stuff there, but when did a '73 Torino command nearly $13k? Or $20k for a '72? I must be out of touch on prices...

That '58 Ford marina truck is very cool. Looks to be a F-600 or so by the lug pattern.

Of the bunch, the 1965 Galaxie is the pick. My neighbor has one that is low mileage, maybe I should see if he'd sell it...

You are not paying attention to the auctions or ebay pricing. It fills 3 criteria that drive up the price that much. First, it is in nice condition. Second, it is a popular model, or newly rediscovered model that was used in a movie. Third, and this is the most important reason for the price, the owner wants to start his retirement account on the sale of that vehicle, or take a month long trip to Hawaii or somewhere else really expensive.