Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Not a fan of the stripes and interior of the Fairlane, but it looks very clean for the price. Would be an easy weekend to get it running again.

Like both of the Buicks. I have always wondered what plastic GM used between bumpers and tail lights on these and other models that breaks so easily.

The Falcon is one of those that it's very nice and couldn't be duplicated for the price, but isn't worth that much in my opinion. Plus, what's with the cheesy chrome wheels?

The Toyota seems OK. Never driven one, but I bet they are fun. Wasn't the actual model the MR-S though?

Those stripes are a bit weird. They just don't fit the car at all.

There are tons of cars that are being saved from that era, we should start making all those plastic bits and become zillionaires. :lol:

The wheels are easily swapped out. Not sure what those are really worth. I think that is part of the era of cars that suffer the Ebay and auction inflation curse.

According to the wikipedia, it is indeed called the MR2.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

While I can appreciate the condition, I'm not sure I can appreciate how it looks.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

Looks pretty nice for 185k miles. Price is way cheaper than I see them around here.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

"The starter components are still in the carburetor." Do what now?

GRtak;n3550490 said:

Looks like stupid fun! Best part is it's 1/4 or less than a new side by side.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

Nice price. These are usually much more expensive.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

Early 60s Mopars are, for the most part, ugly. This is a perfect example. Kind of silly for the guy to put a radio in it if it wasn't sold with one.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

Could make a few dollars renting it out on Friday and Saturday nights!

GRtak;n3550490 said:

Nice example of often unloved 4-door body style.

GRtak;n3550490 said:

That is a thing of beauty! Love the mid-60s Pontiac styling.

CraigB;n3550492 said:
"The starter components are still in the carburetor." Do what now?

:rofl: :lmao: Oh jeez, I missed that!

Early 60s Mopars are, for the most part, ugly. This is a perfect example. Kind of silly for the guy to put a radio in it if it wasn't sold with one.

It fits the weird part of this thread pretty well.

Could make a few dollars renting it out on Friday and Saturday nights!

You could live in it and tow the toys around with you. :lol:

Nice example of often unloved 4-door body style.

Very much so. It is sad that many cars are tossed aside simply because they have an extra set of doors.

That is a thing of beauty! Love the mid-60s Pontiac styling.

I wish I could afford that. If I could I would be over there checking it out.

CraigB;n3550492 said:
It's actually pretty tame compared to, say, a '62 Dodge Polara.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/moparblog.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/12\/1962-Dodge-Polara-500-3qtr.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/moparblog.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/12\/1962-Dodge-Polara-500-rear.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
miki;n3550521 said:
It's actually pretty tame compared to, say, a '62 Dodge Polara.

Yeah, that's double ugly literally. I mean two sets of headlights and taillights!

GRtak;n3550534 said:

Is the Falcon too nice to pull the 200 6 and sit it in the corner, while a 302 based engine takes its place?

Caddy Bambulance is pretty wild. We need a new one, but that's out of our price range. :lol:

I do believe that the Ranchero is to nice to mess with. Although, I still think it is overpriced.

That Caddy is weird. I would turn it into a Camino styled vehicle. But I can not afford it, or the mods needed to do so. This is why I need to win the lottery! :lol:

GRtak;n3551766 said:

I don't think you could go wrong on this one, even being a four-door.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

Something about this one feels scammy. If not, it's a beautiful car.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

This is a great buy if the underside is as rust free as the outside.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

Remember when these could be had for nearly nothing? Hard to tell from the photos as to the complete condition, but it's going to need some paint work to be uber nice.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

What you are buying here (from the description) is a car that looks great on the outside, but needs everything underneath to be 100%. Not sure that's $10k...

GRtak;n3551766 said:

Cheap Jeep! I assume from the mismatching panels it's either been wrecked or was rusty. Either way, might be a good start for a crawler.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

I still can't quite get behind the coupe version of these (Sorry Nabster). When did "very good shape" mean that every panel has rust? Or is that a northern thing? :D

GRtak;n3551766 said:

Not a bad deal on this one. Could be a fun cruiser.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

Hard to tell much with only one photo. Hard to believe this a 1977 model too.

GRtak;n3551766 said:

If you could get this one for about $3000 it would be a great project. Who doesn't want to ride around in a big Caddy 'vert?

GRtak;n3551766 said:

If the paint needed wet sanded why did they put all the trim back on? Still, could make a great looking car when completed.

TC;n3551889 said:

I can't imagine too many of these being left, especially in this nice of shape. I dig it...

TC;n3551889 said:

I like everything about this except the price. I imagine it would be difficult to duplicate for that though.

TC;n3551889 said:

Neat car and another one you just don't see anymore. Shame he doesn't say what it ran at the dragstrip...

TC;n3551889 said:

That is uber clean! Dig the dog dish hubcaps with body color wheels.

TC;n3551889 said:

These are so big and so ugly, but I like them! Love the green/green combo on this one too.

TC;n3551889 said:

Sold old car. Interior is a bit shabby, but the price is cheap enough. I wonder how many miles on the ODO?

TC;n3551889 said:

I'd buy this one. Looks very nice, just need to swap a stick in place of that auto.

TC;n3551889 said:

Be a fun one to take to Saturday night cruises.

I want that Riviera. The headlight doors need to be upgraded so they work. But the price is to high.