Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

I was talking about Mopars insane prices the other day. I turned down a 68 Coronet with a 440 six pack in 89 for $1800. I could retire on that now. It also needed some love, but it could of been a cool survivor car.

I doubt it.

Ford snob. :p

I would say I have particular taste. ?

Honestly, I don't mind a frame swap, as long as it's in brand or tasteful. To me an S-10 frame under a Ford seems low rent and the easy way out. As does the standard 350/350 combo.

I don't like Tupperware rods for the same reason. Wasn't that part of what hot rodding was about? Taking an old car and fixing what you were given. Not buying a ready made body (though by the sounds of that one, it was probably poorly made our built).

You should have seen this creation a guy a friend of mine bought a T-top Mustang parts car from was building when we showed up. He'd taken a decent mid-'80s Chevrolet 4wd long bed, literally hacked the cab off with a torch, cut 30" of frame out and was putting a rotten '20s Ford cab on it. He said he thought the Chevy cab was too rusty. The Ford cab was nothing but rust. Seemed a waste of a usable truck.

There is nothing wrong with likeing what you like.

If I had a dollar for every weird vehicle project that I have seen, I would have a few nice rides in a real big garage.

Yeah, it sits lower than I could, or even would want to live with. I am old and broken, and I doubt I could get in or out of it very well.

♿

Last edited:
Boy, that grille on the Suburban needs to be sent back to the ugly factory.

Holy Buttons, Batman! What's with the center stack on the Caddy...

I can see the appeal of the Jag, classic British styling, with... well classic British problems.

I'd like to hate myself for it, but I really dig that suburban. Even with the flashy chrome grill and led tail lights.

Boy, that grille on the Suburban needs to be sent back to the ugly factory.

Holy Buttons, Batman! What's with the center stack on the Caddy...

I can see the appeal of the Jag, classic British styling, with... well classic British problems.

More buttons is more better.

Pass on the Merc. Never liked the looks of those particular models.

I'll disagree with the writer of the ad for the '51 Chevrolet. Street rodding this car would be a shame. The patina it has now is charming. Just patch up the floors, smarten the interior and make it reliable (start, stop, steer, etc.).

Last edited:
I agree on the Chevy.